or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 86

post #1276 of 4415

Just discovered that Filson is available through the Military Exchange for Active Duty and Retired. 192 Filson items including most bags, the computer bags were on the front page and just added to the lineup. Prices are pretty good and combined with the occasional sales discounts offered by the Exchange brings it down even more.

post #1277 of 4415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Iron View Post

Just discovered that Filson is available through the Military Exchange for Active Duty and Retired. 192 Filson items including most bags, the computer bags were on the front page and just added to the lineup. Prices are pretty good and combined with the occasional sales discounts offered by the Exchange brings it down even more.

Hey i have access to this... what kinda sales do they run on the filson stuff?
And do you have any idea about the sales discounts?

thanks for the heads up!
post #1278 of 4415
If you want Filson stuff just call Crane's or Cable Car. You'll get a good price always
post #1279 of 4415
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacemanvt View Post

Hey i have access to this... what kinda sales do they run on the filson stuff?
And do you have any idea about the sales discounts?
thanks for the heads up!

 

The Filson stuff likely will not go on sale, it is already priced very low. But the coupons are for anything purchased and apply to Filson also. Drill down on the Exchange website under savings and subscribe to the emails. Always have at least 10% off with free shipping current code until 5\23 is x2056enews. During holidays and also random times they send out 15-20% off codes. If you sign up for the Military Star Card they have up to 25% off usually the first couple of weeks in December. So the Pullman with current 10% off comes out to $269 at the exchange. But willing to bet can get it for $239 between now and the 4th of July. Filson and Allen Edmond shoes are about the only really good discounts at AAFES left that I've seen after more than 30 years of shopping there. 

post #1280 of 4415
What kind of good price are we talking about?
post #1281 of 4415
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloWang View Post

I really like the Urban Outfitter x Filson navy duffle they made a few years back. Couldn't find any for sale. Can you guys recommend any similar bags? http://hypebeast.com/2009/03/urban-outfitters-x-filson-bag-collection/ 

 

this one looks similar:

http://14oz-store-berlin.myshopify.com/products/filson-medium-duffle-bag-navy

post #1282 of 4415
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatic View Post

this one looks similar:
http://14oz-store-berlin.myshopify.com/products/filson-medium-duffle-bag-navy

Looks nice but definitely can't afford $560 for a bag now. Still looking in the max $150-200 range.
post #1283 of 4415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crane's View Post
 Thailand during the monsoons 

 

Very good point. Been there, done that and it is Filson all the way. It was sad watching all the unprepared colleagues with their fragile bags. I got to the meeting, shook the water off and ready to go while they had to dry their files (placed inside their bags) before getting started.  

post #1284 of 4415
I tried to look through this thread, as best as I can on this darned cell phone. Has anyone posted a side by side comparison showing the depth of the 256 vs 257? If someone owns both and wouldn't mind, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in the market for a new briefcase, currently I travel very light: no laptop for the foreseeable future, most likely my touchpad + sleeve, two USB cables, some manilla folders, two tiny tupperware snack size containers (1oz iirc). Seems like I should be fine, unless I throw a 13" macbook into the mix.
post #1285 of 4415
Quote:
Originally Posted by enginerd917 View Post

I tried to look through this thread, as best as I can on this darned cell phone. Has anyone posted a side by side comparison showing the depth of the 256 vs 257? If someone owns both and wouldn't mind, I'm sure it would be greatly appreciated.
I'm in the market for a new briefcase, currently I travel very light: no laptop for the foreseeable future, most likely my touchpad + sleeve, two USB cables, some manilla folders, two tiny tupperware snack size containers (1oz iirc). Seems like I should be fine, unless I throw a 13" macbook into the mix.

Try this:

 

http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/forum/showthread.php?109682-Filson-briefcases-256-257-258

 

I think you should give 257 a good consideration, given the snack containers. 

post #1286 of 4415

Rusty,

 

I travel by air frequently for business and don't find the small duffel 'too small'.   Granted, I travel light, but for 5-6 day trips I easily fit several trousers, a dress-shirt/socks/boxers for every day, running shoes or casual shoes, and a few pieces of casual clothing.  For 5-6 days, I shove the dopp into my breifcase, but for 3-4 day trips it all fits in the duffel.  I believe all the folks who claim the small duffel is 'too small' for a weekend simply don't know how to properly pack (while dressing smart)

 

There are times, when travelling for 6-7 days, to colder climates (sweaters/jackets, etc), or when I want to pack athletic gear, I need to take my Medium Duffel,   I've never had a problem carrying it on, but I have also never packed it near to capacity. If you stuff the medium, you won't get it on the plane. 

 

If I had to choose between the two for travel under 6 days, it would definately be the small duffel.  In retrospect, If I were to have only one bag, it would be the Medium Travel Bag , as I think it alone would accommodate 100% of my traveling needs.

post #1287 of 4415
Quote:
Originally Posted by converge View Post

For those who are in between a small duffle and medium duffle, consider the medium travel bag.

Small duffle: 39 linear inches
Medium travel bag: 42 linear inches
Medium duffle: 52 linear inches

I have the medium travel bag and it's been great for overnight trips and weekend trips. It has the advantage of being one of Filson's largest bags that is still carry-on compliant.

But what puts it over the top are the 4 outside pockets and 2 inside pockets (which I can easily fit my 13" MBP with sleeve). It's kind of like a giant 256 but without the outer flap.

The only downside is that price is almost identical to the medium duffle. Plus it doesn't have that "classic duffle" appearance.
70246-main-242.jpg

I second the medium travel bag as well.
post #1288 of 4415

Just got my small tan duffel and couldn't be happier.  I was concerned it would be a bit too small and wished there was a size between the small and medium, but in fact it is roomier than anticipated.  Definitely a weekender, in temperate climates, anyway.  

 

Yes, damn fine bag!  There couldn't be more than a handfull of Filsons in my city, not that it matters (well, it kinda does).  Yet again, SF has shown that something I didn't know existed a month ago was the very thing my life has lacked for so long.  

post #1289 of 4415

I have the same cracks on a 4 day old 256.  Did you get yours resolved?  Thanks!

post #1290 of 4415
Hi there, I just found this site: http://www.filsonitaly.it/

Is it possible that Filson sold a licence to italy, like Woolrich and other Brands did before ....? Anybody out there who knows more about Filson Italy?


Merci flo
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures