Haha I wouldn't call it "worn", just well loved.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Buying and Selling
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/17/16 at 4:29am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...Last edited: 11/23/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 84post #1246 of 60294/24/12 at 1:38pmpost #1247 of 60294/26/12 at 5:22ampost #1248 of 60294/26/12 at 1:32pmpost #1249 of 60294/26/12 at 2:19pmQuote:
Mine is not. On the long zipper side of the top U zipper one side of the strap is clean, the other has just light marks. I use mine as a range bag and carry at least 150 rounds of 12 ga. in it which is ~10 lbs. of lead alone. I usually zip it back up when carrying between stations, but not always. I also treat the leather with Bick 4 which I got from a tack shop. Yours does look like it is getting chewed up pretty hard.post #1250 of 60295/3/12 at 10:03ampost #1251 of 60295/3/12 at 10:42ampost #1252 of 60295/3/12 at 11:31am
Thanks! The Filson boot oil is the same solution they use to tan their leather. Applied the boot oil to the scuffed areas of the strap, let it dry overnight, and wiped off the excess. After repeating a few times, strap is good as new.post #1253 of 60295/3/12 at 5:21pmQuote:
I'm also looking out for Filson deals. I know HiltonsTent still has the 15% off but I'm waiting for Mother's Day. Maybe there will be better sales then. A bit selfish on mother's day but I'm in love with the 256.post #1254 of 60295/3/12 at 6:16pmQuote:
Call the store, call the store, call the store. LOL! By now everyone should know the routine.
573-254-3311post #1255 of 60295/3/12 at 8:28pm
This is my first post to Styleforum but I've been lurking for a bit now. I"m proud to say that I'm about to order my first Filson bag (25). I've read this entire thread (not a good thing) and now am having trouble deciding on a bag. There's a lot of excellent feedback here.
There are two needs that I"d like to fill, which is why I am having trouble:
Smaller commuter bag. I usually only carry a sunglass case, cellphone, wallet, the occasional light folders or iPad. But I also would use this as a carry on for flights, which means packing in an Kindle, 13" MBP, Bose QC2 headphone case, small moleskin, passport wallet, food and snacks, etc.
Because of this, I'm leaning towards the 257 but I've seen the 256 fit all of this pretty well. I just like the looks of the 257 organization, and the handle. I just wouldn't want it to be too big and awkward for when it becomes a daily commute bag again without a laptop and such in it. 258 seems too large for my need.
So it's between the 257 and the 256. Also considering a rucksack, but feel this could be too casual if I chose to use it in my future semi-formal workplace. Also thinking about Carry-On Small bag or Field Bag, but sling or handles are usually my style. All of these bags look amazing.
Larger travel hold-all/weekender: Looking for something to throw all of my clothes in with an extra pair of shoes or two, with dopp kit, and possibly some more stored food. I like the look of the duffles (heard the small is "too small") but would like to carry-on only. So I'm still leaning toward the small, because Need 2 will be purchased after Need 1 (already have a rolling carry-on).I like the look of the travel bag.
So this is between the Small Duffle, Medium Duffle, or Medium Travel bag.
I only ask here because right now I am living outside of the US (South Korea) and don't have access to a Filson store. Will only be able to fulfill 1 need right now, thinking need 1 takes priority.
Appreciate any of your help! I've heard a few people say so far that they've never understood why so-and-so carried around that hideous bag, but honestly, these Filson pieces are beautiful work.
Cheerspost #1256 of 60295/4/12 at 1:57am
Also, could use some color suggestions too. It may see some future use in a more business type setting --I love contrast of the tan, but seeing the brown and green (green faded too) it's a lot harder to pick a color than I thought.
I'm looking to pull the trigger in the next day or two here..post #1257 of 60295/4/12 at 10:50am
following my waxing hint with the apolis briefcase i wanted to share another modification i did to a small field bag:
since i found the carabiner on the strap way oversized and annoying on the small bag i took a strap from the original briefcase (which is longer) and removed the rivets together with the carabiners. afterwards i wrapped the ends around the two hinges and fixed them with two replacement rivets. the strap is now long enough to carry it crossbody and in addition it feels somewhat safer if you can't quickly open the carabiners in unsafe areas.post #1258 of 60295/4/12 at 11:30ampost #1259 of 60295/4/12 at 3:28pmQuote:
It's waxed from the factory so once the water starts penetrating it's time to wax it which is something I've been known to do. Be advised it's not a fast process.post #1260 of 60295/4/12 at 3:30pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 1 minute ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 2 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 5 minutes ago
- › THE EUROPEAN THRIFT BUY /SELL / TRADE / WANT THREAD 5 minutes ago
- › Yellow Hook Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Future of the Democratic Party Threak 8 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...