Haha I wouldn't call it "worn", just well loved.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Buying and Selling
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/17/16 at 4:29am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
Last edited: 4/26/16
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: AccessoriesLast edited: 11/11/15
- Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...Last edited: 11/23/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 84post #1246 of 59264/24/12 at 1:38pmpost #1247 of 59264/26/12 at 5:22ampost #1248 of 59264/26/12 at 1:32pmpost #1249 of 59264/26/12 at 2:19pmQuote:
Mine is not. On the long zipper side of the top U zipper one side of the strap is clean, the other has just light marks. I use mine as a range bag and carry at least 150 rounds of 12 ga. in it which is ~10 lbs. of lead alone. I usually zip it back up when carrying between stations, but not always. I also treat the leather with Bick 4 which I got from a tack shop. Yours does look like it is getting chewed up pretty hard.post #1250 of 59265/3/12 at 10:03ampost #1251 of 59265/3/12 at 10:42ampost #1252 of 59265/3/12 at 11:31am
Thanks! The Filson boot oil is the same solution they use to tan their leather. Applied the boot oil to the scuffed areas of the strap, let it dry overnight, and wiped off the excess. After repeating a few times, strap is good as new.post #1253 of 59265/3/12 at 5:21pmQuote:
I'm also looking out for Filson deals. I know HiltonsTent still has the 15% off but I'm waiting for Mother's Day. Maybe there will be better sales then. A bit selfish on mother's day but I'm in love with the 256.post #1254 of 59265/3/12 at 6:16pmQuote:
Call the store, call the store, call the store. LOL! By now everyone should know the routine.
573-254-3311post #1255 of 59265/3/12 at 8:28pm
This is my first post to Styleforum but I've been lurking for a bit now. I"m proud to say that I'm about to order my first Filson bag (25). I've read this entire thread (not a good thing) and now am having trouble deciding on a bag. There's a lot of excellent feedback here.
There are two needs that I"d like to fill, which is why I am having trouble:
Smaller commuter bag. I usually only carry a sunglass case, cellphone, wallet, the occasional light folders or iPad. But I also would use this as a carry on for flights, which means packing in an Kindle, 13" MBP, Bose QC2 headphone case, small moleskin, passport wallet, food and snacks, etc.
Because of this, I'm leaning towards the 257 but I've seen the 256 fit all of this pretty well. I just like the looks of the 257 organization, and the handle. I just wouldn't want it to be too big and awkward for when it becomes a daily commute bag again without a laptop and such in it. 258 seems too large for my need.
So it's between the 257 and the 256. Also considering a rucksack, but feel this could be too casual if I chose to use it in my future semi-formal workplace. Also thinking about Carry-On Small bag or Field Bag, but sling or handles are usually my style. All of these bags look amazing.
Larger travel hold-all/weekender: Looking for something to throw all of my clothes in with an extra pair of shoes or two, with dopp kit, and possibly some more stored food. I like the look of the duffles (heard the small is "too small") but would like to carry-on only. So I'm still leaning toward the small, because Need 2 will be purchased after Need 1 (already have a rolling carry-on).I like the look of the travel bag.
So this is between the Small Duffle, Medium Duffle, or Medium Travel bag.
I only ask here because right now I am living outside of the US (South Korea) and don't have access to a Filson store. Will only be able to fulfill 1 need right now, thinking need 1 takes priority.
Appreciate any of your help! I've heard a few people say so far that they've never understood why so-and-so carried around that hideous bag, but honestly, these Filson pieces are beautiful work.
Cheerspost #1256 of 59265/4/12 at 1:57am
Also, could use some color suggestions too. It may see some future use in a more business type setting --I love contrast of the tan, but seeing the brown and green (green faded too) it's a lot harder to pick a color than I thought.
I'm looking to pull the trigger in the next day or two here..post #1257 of 59265/4/12 at 10:50am
following my waxing hint with the apolis briefcase i wanted to share another modification i did to a small field bag:
since i found the carabiner on the strap way oversized and annoying on the small bag i took a strap from the original briefcase (which is longer) and removed the rivets together with the carabiners. afterwards i wrapped the ends around the two hinges and fixed them with two replacement rivets. the strap is now long enough to carry it crossbody and in addition it feels somewhat safer if you can't quickly open the carabiners in unsafe areas.post #1258 of 59265/4/12 at 11:30ampost #1259 of 59265/4/12 at 3:28pmQuote:
It's waxed from the factory so once the water starts penetrating it's time to wax it which is something I've been known to do. Be advised it's not a fast process.post #1260 of 59265/4/12 at 3:30pm
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories
- › Viberg Boots 41 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 5 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 5 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 13 minutes ago
- › Brand new Unworn Barena Torceo Blazer & Brian Dales Boucle DB Blazer 14 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...