Haha I wouldn't call it "worn", just well loved.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Filson Medium Travel bag Last post on 6/14/14 at 9:50pm in Marketplace
- A Functional, Stylish Briefcase for a Traveling Businessman Last post on 7/19/15 at 8:20am in Classic Menswear
- Finding THE leather bag... Last post on 10/25/13 at 4:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Cloth messenger bag that collapses down flat Last post on 1/6/13 at 3:47am in Classic Menswear
Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In Search of the Perfect...
Last edited: 11/23/14
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures - Page 84
Mine is not. On the long zipper side of the top U zipper one side of the strap is clean, the other has just light marks. I use mine as a range bag and carry at least 150 rounds of 12 ga. in it which is ~10 lbs. of lead alone. I usually zip it back up when carrying between stations, but not always. I also treat the leather with Bick 4 which I got from a tack shop. Yours does look like it is getting chewed up pretty hard.
Thanks! The Filson boot oil is the same solution they use to tan their leather. Applied the boot oil to the scuffed areas of the strap, let it dry overnight, and wiped off the excess. After repeating a few times, strap is good as new.
I'm also looking out for Filson deals. I know HiltonsTent still has the 15% off but I'm waiting for Mother's Day. Maybe there will be better sales then. A bit selfish on mother's day but I'm in love with the 256.
Call the store, call the store, call the store. LOL! By now everyone should know the routine.
This is my first post to Styleforum but I've been lurking for a bit now. I"m proud to say that I'm about to order my first Filson bag (25). I've read this entire thread (not a good thing) and now am having trouble deciding on a bag. There's a lot of excellent feedback here.
There are two needs that I"d like to fill, which is why I am having trouble:
Smaller commuter bag. I usually only carry a sunglass case, cellphone, wallet, the occasional light folders or iPad. But I also would use this as a carry on for flights, which means packing in an Kindle, 13" MBP, Bose QC2 headphone case, small moleskin, passport wallet, food and snacks, etc.
Because of this, I'm leaning towards the 257 but I've seen the 256 fit all of this pretty well. I just like the looks of the 257 organization, and the handle. I just wouldn't want it to be too big and awkward for when it becomes a daily commute bag again without a laptop and such in it. 258 seems too large for my need.
So it's between the 257 and the 256. Also considering a rucksack, but feel this could be too casual if I chose to use it in my future semi-formal workplace. Also thinking about Carry-On Small bag or Field Bag, but sling or handles are usually my style. All of these bags look amazing.
Larger travel hold-all/weekender: Looking for something to throw all of my clothes in with an extra pair of shoes or two, with dopp kit, and possibly some more stored food. I like the look of the duffles (heard the small is "too small") but would like to carry-on only. So I'm still leaning toward the small, because Need 2 will be purchased after Need 1 (already have a rolling carry-on).I like the look of the travel bag.
So this is between the Small Duffle, Medium Duffle, or Medium Travel bag.
I only ask here because right now I am living outside of the US (South Korea) and don't have access to a Filson store. Will only be able to fulfill 1 need right now, thinking need 1 takes priority.
Appreciate any of your help! I've heard a few people say so far that they've never understood why so-and-so carried around that hideous bag, but honestly, these Filson pieces are beautiful work.
Also, could use some color suggestions too. It may see some future use in a more business type setting --I love contrast of the tan, but seeing the brown and green (green faded too) it's a lot harder to pick a color than I thought.
I'm looking to pull the trigger in the next day or two here..
following my waxing hint with the apolis briefcase i wanted to share another modification i did to a small field bag:
since i found the carabiner on the strap way oversized and annoying on the small bag i took a strap from the original briefcase (which is longer) and removed the rivets together with the carabiners. afterwards i wrapped the ends around the two hinges and fixed them with two replacement rivets. the strap is now long enough to carry it crossbody and in addition it feels somewhat safer if you can't quickly open the carabiners in unsafe areas.
It's waxed from the factory so once the water starts penetrating it's time to wax it which is something I've been known to do. Be advised it's not a fast process.
- Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures
- › The SW&D Music Appreciation Thread 15 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 16 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Guata10s Closet Clearout - Shoes (AE, Alden, and more) 3 minutes ago
- › Inis Meain Melange Ribbed Boatmaker Sweater - Size Medium (BNWT) 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth