or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How to glue down the leather on the insole of the shoe?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How to glue down the leather on the insole of the shoe?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
On a pair of Bruno Maglis I have, the leather part on the inside of the shoe that touches your heel ends close to mid-foot, and it goes down to another leather part. The part under the heel seems to be glued down to the front part, and this seems to be coming up, folded back. It annoys me when I wear them and walk.

What kind of adhesive should I use to glue this back down, or how should I fix this? A similar thing is also happening on the side of the insoles of another pair of shoes I have.
post #2 of 6
Shoe repair shops have a rubber contact cement they recommend for this purpose. I can't find mine or remember the name, but you put it on both surfaces, allow it to dry a bit, then press them together. I've used it for exactly the same problem on a few different shoes. A tube is like $3-4.
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by j
Shoe repair shops have a rubber contact cement they recommend for this purpose. I can't find mine or remember the name, but you put it on both surfaces, allow it to dry a bit, then press them together. I've used it for exactly the same problem on a few different shoes. A tube is like $3-4.
like this stuff? http://www.dickblick.com/zz239/03/
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo
It's this one: Barge All Purpose Cement.

http://www.emocs.com/shoegoo.htm

post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by j
It's this one: Barge All Purpose Cement.

http://www.emocs.com/shoegoo.htm

I was unable to find barge cement at home depot, target, walmart, ace hardware or michaels. Any other ideas for places to buy it other than ordering online (And therefore paying as much for shipping as for the item)?
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobo
I was unable to find barge cement at home depot, target, walmart, ace hardware or michaels. Any other ideas for places to buy it other than ordering online (And therefore paying as much for shipping as for the item)?
Try a shoe repair place - my local one has it. Although he is relatively quite well-stocked, I'm sure it's not that uncommon. It's a pretty all-purpose contact cement. A search shows shoe shops, camping supplies, craft and hobby shops stocking it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How to glue down the leather on the insole of the shoe?