or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Where to go for first anniversary dinner in NYC?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Where to go for first anniversary dinner in NYC? - Page 6

post #76 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Well, as of the moment, we have reservations at Bouley. I'm going to keep looking for other options, but there's not much else to choose from on Sunday.

Good choice. The new location is nice and preserves the feel of the previous place.
post #77 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Well, as of the moment, we have reservations at Bouley. I'm going to keep looking for other options, but there's not much else to choose from on Sunday.

Like I said - u cant go wrong there. It'll be within your expectations.
post #78 of 92
I haven't been to L'Atelier in NYC but have been to the one in Vegas several times and it is one of my favorite restaurants. That said, the food and serviec (in LV at least) were great but it is not very romantic. Why not go out Saturday night and then plan a surprise for her on Sunday?
post #79 of 92
Wife and I'll be in NY for one night--Oct 16--and are going to make it our 1st anniversary dinner even though we'll be a couple weeks out--dangerous, I know.

I assume there are good suggestions in this thread--unfortunately most of these places are already booked on Friday the 16 unless we want to eat at small timers' hour, i.e., 6pm. Any new recs? Unlike mafew, we probably prefer Italian to French but are open to whatever, and also unlike mafew, budget is not unlimited. Staying in the meatpacking dist, it seems, but don't need to eat there.
post #80 of 92
Pasta tasting course at Babbo was fantastic.
post #81 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
Pasta tasting course at Babbo was fantastic.

I like Babbo. Have had several good meals there.
post #82 of 92
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post
Wife and I'll be in NY for one night--Oct 16--and are going to make it our 1st anniversary dinner even though we'll be a couple weeks out--dangerous, I know.

I assume there are good suggestions in this thread--unfortunately most of these places are already booked on Friday the 16 unless we want to eat at small timers' hour, i.e., 6pm. Any new recs? Unlike mafew, we probably prefer Italian to French but are open to whatever, and also unlike mafew, budget is not unlimited. Staying in the meatpacking dist, it seems, but don't need to eat there.

Il Gattopardo!!!!
post #83 of 92
Alright, so two strikes against babbo.












Kidding, kidding!
post #84 of 92
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreman1782 View Post
Alright, so two strikes against babbo.

Seriously, look into Il Gattopardo. It's easier to get a table there, the space is cozier and more romantic, and the food is as good as any other Italian in the city. Everyone knows Babbo; Gattopardo is a find.
post #85 of 92
Del Posto was excellent.

Perhaps Mia Dona if you're on a tight budget.
post #86 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post
Seriously, look into Il Gattopardo. It's easier to get a table there, the space is cozier and more romantic, and the food is as good as any other Italian in the city. Everyone knows Babbo; Gattopardo is a find.

Babbo downstairs was pretty damn cozy and romantic. Any more-so and it would have been suffocating. But, I will try your recommendation next time I'm in NYC.
post #87 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moo View Post
Babbo downstairs was pretty damn cozy and romantic. Any more-so and it would have been suffocating. But, I will try your recommendation next time I'm in NYC.

moo - where's your nyc visit thread? i only saw that flag pix and some stray references to a spaghetti dinner.

scalini fideli in the old boley spot is pretty darn good.
post #88 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by romafan View Post
moo - where's your nyc visit thread? i only saw that flag pix and some stray references to a spaghetti dinner.

scalini fideli in the old boley spot is pretty darn good.

It's coming... it has been pretty crazy since we came back, and we move Friday so the past week has been chock full of packing. In a week maybe...
post #89 of 92
Another +1 to Eleven Madison Park.

I took my girlfriend there for her Birthday dinner back in July and the experience was just exquisite. Fantastic service that was very knowledgeable, attentive, but not overbearing. The food was magnificently creative, delightfully tasty, with imaginative presentation. The price is a tad heft for the tasting but well worth it for the experience.
post #90 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteslashasian View Post
Another +1 to Eleven Madison Park.

I took my girlfriend there for her Birthday dinner back in July and the experience was just exquisite. Fantastic service that was very knowledgeable, attentive, but not overbearing. The food was magnificently creative, delightfully tasty, with imaginative presentation. The price is a tad heft for the tasting but well worth it for the experience.

which menu did you get? The 'summer' tasting menu back in June/July was fantastic.

I really want to return for their suckling pig tasting menu.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Styleforum › Forums › Culture › Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto › Where to go for first anniversary dinner in NYC?