or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What's the consensus on shirt cuff monograms? Tacky or not?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What's the consensus on shirt cuff monograms? Tacky or not? - Page 4

post #46 of 89
I wouldn't do it, just seems like one is trying to hard.
post #47 of 89
Inside the yoke.
post #48 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew J View Post
I wouldn't do it, just seems like one is trying to hard.

It's weird though. I find a mongramme okay but I find functioning cuffs unbuttoned try hard. Of course functioning buttons are standard issue on my suits but I don't undo them.
post #49 of 89
Why do you folks get monogramming on parts of shirts that cannot be seen?

I think if you're gonna get monogramming, get it where it can be seen somewhat (flashes of cuff) or just don't get it at all. What's the point?
post #50 of 89
Why do you want it to be seen?
post #51 of 89
I don't care for monogramming, so I don't want it to be seen.

But I'm just curious to know why one would get monogramming at all if it cannot be seen?

Is it so that you can find it if it gets lost?
post #52 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post
Why do you want it to be seen?

I get what he's saying, though. Why get it at all if not for it to be seen?
post #53 of 89
Inside the yoke is nice touch I think - why?.....why not?
post #54 of 89
meh. the next step would be designing your own huge-ass, faux-ristocrat logo and having it monogrammed on the left chest or upper sleeves.
post #55 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidicboy View Post
meh. the next step would be designing your own huge-ass, faux-ristocrat logo and having it monogrammed on the left chest or upper sleeves.

Ha! That one brought a chuckle...
post #56 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidicboy View Post
meh. the next step would be designing your own huge-ass, faux-ristocrat logo and having it monogrammed on the left chest or upper sleeves.

awesome
post #57 of 89
Why should anyone really care one way or the other? If a person likes the monogram on the cuff, they should get it. If not, then don't. It seems many are obsessing over things that really don't matter. (My humble, but accurate opinion.)
post #58 of 89
Tacky. Anyplace visible when you're wearing the shirt is tacky.
post #59 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by up1bin View Post
I don't care for monogramming, so I don't want it to be seen.

But I'm just curious to know why one would get monogramming at all if it cannot be seen?

Is it so that you can find it if it gets lost?

So they have a justification in their minds to look down on others who don't do it the same way they do obviously. Which is why this pretentiousness is even tackier.
post #60 of 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by AscotMcPocketsquare View Post
So they have a justification in their minds to look down on others who don't do it the same way they do obviously. Which is why this pretentiousness is even tackier.
+1. It's like wearing a clapboard that says: "Hey ASSHOLE. Yeah, this shirt is CUSTOM. What, you got yours at JC Penny? Ha! I wipe my ass shirts that cost more than yours. I bet your suit isn't bespoke, either! Ha. Plebeian!" Tacky. Like having a brand name emblazoned all over your outfit. "Yeah, the guy wearing the $4,000 suit is holding the elevator for the guy who doesn't make that in four months. Come on!"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › What's the consensus on shirt cuff monograms? Tacky or not?