or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › SOLD FS: New BB Golden Fleece Suit - 42R (charcoal herringbone)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SOLD FS: New BB Golden Fleece Suit - 42R (charcoal herringbone)

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
All Sold
post #2 of 23
Thread Starter 
Fixed measurements on the first suit. I had the shoulders miss-labeled as 18 inches wide. They are actually about 18.75 inches seam to seam.
post #3 of 23
Is there any indication as to why the gray suit was marked and sent to the outlet? Any flaws?
post #4 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by carllipbaum View Post
Is there any indication as to why the gray suit was marked and sent to the outlet? Any flaws?

No flaws. I believe this suit was simply not picked up by the customer from a retail store.
post #5 of 23
Thread Starter 
Price drop for the evening.
post #6 of 23
Couple questions about the Charcoal 42R

1) Does it have the buttons for the sleeves still, with the basted arms, I'm assuming they are in a pocket somewhere?

2) Is their basting on the shoulders or is it just the arms that are unfinished? Trying to estimate how much tailoring work would be required.

3) Is there room to take out the waist? If so, how much?

Thanks.
post #7 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabney View Post
Couple questions about the Charcoal 42R

1) Does it have the buttons for the sleeves still, with the basted arms, I'm assuming they are in a pocket somewhere?

2) Is their basting on the shoulders or is it just the arms that are unfinished? Trying to estimate how much tailoring work would be required.

3) Is there room to take out the waist? If so, how much?

Thanks.

1. Real horn buttons are included in a pouch in the pocket.

2. No basting in the shoulders. Just the arms are unfinished.

3. There is about 2 inches to let out of the waist of the trousers (there is a total of 2.5 to 3 inches of material, but you need to leave a half inch or so to sew it back).

How that helps.
post #8 of 23
tempted by the 46r

1. whats with the orange mark through the brooks brother? outlet special?

2. are pants always a size 40 on a 46r suit? seem rather large
post #9 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkin View Post
tempted by the 46r

1. whats with the orange mark through the brooks brother? outlet special?

2. are pants always a size 40 on a 46r suit? seem rather large

1. Yes, the suit is from an outlet. But it is new and unworn.

2. Typically, with BB GF, the larger suits are a drop 6 (I've even seen drop 5). So a 40 inch waist for a 46 R coat is typical.
post #10 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimsychicken View Post
1. Yes, the suit is from an outlet. But it is new and unworn.

2. Typically, with BB GF, the larger suits are a drop 6 (I've even seen drop 5). So a 40 inch waist for a 46 R coat is typical.

i feel the same way, i hate it, lol. i need a 46r coat with 37/38 pant.
post #11 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip1978 View Post
i feel the same way, i hate it, lol. i need a 46r coat with 37/38 pant.

Pants can always be taken in!
post #12 of 23
will let you know, need to see how much it will cost to get it tailored, assuming the jacket fits pretty close.....

philip looks like we are about the same size
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimsychicken View Post
Pants can always be taken in!

when you have to take pants in 3" all sorts of funky things start to happen.
post #14 of 23
thats part of my fear as well....
post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip1978 View Post
when you have to take pants in 3" all sorts of funky things start to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkin View Post
thats part of my fear as well....

Yeah, but a good tailor can re-cut them to your size. More expensive, but when you're getting a GF suit for this price you're still far ahead.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › FS: Men's Clothing (Archive) › SOLD FS: New BB Golden Fleece Suit - 42R (charcoal herringbone)