Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › On the Street in NYC....Cape Man
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

On the Street in NYC....Cape Man - Page 2

post #16 of 26
I have been searching for an opera cape.

No tailor knows how to make it apparently, in California.
post #17 of 26
I agree with Kai.

I always liked Lando Calrissian's cape from Star Wars (don't know which one). The swishing you get is great -- it's why I wear trenchcoats, for the swish.

Regards,
Huntsman
post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I have been searching for an opera cape. No tailor knows how to make it apparently, in California.
No one wears one, pretty much anywhere on earth, dude. That being said, why don't you try one of the costume design studios. They do this type of stuff all the time.
post #19 of 26
I actually knew a guy in college that lived in my dormitory who wore a black cape everyday.
post #20 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy
No one wears one, pretty much anywhere on earth, dude. That being said, why don't you try one of the costume design studios. They do this type of stuff all the time.
I went to check the International Male website - no capes right now.

For the first time ever, they've disappointed me.

Wait, no, I tell a lie, I found croco pony shoes. Faith restored.
post #21 of 26
Is that Frank Costanza's lawyer??
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink22m
I actually knew a guy in college that lived in my dormitory who wore a black cape everyday.

Did he have some sweet swords, too?
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Guy
No one wears one, pretty much anywhere on earth, dude. That being said, why don't you try one of the costume design studios. They do this type of stuff all the time.
It would be great for those opening nights where everybody tries to outdo everybody else in dress and then of course, the most traditional of all gets the most attention. That is, white tie and opera cape.

I fear cheap quality.
post #24 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
It would be great for those opening nights where everybody tries to outdo everybody else in dress and then of course, the most traditional of all gets the most attention. That is, white tie and opera cape.

I fear cheap quality.
How hard can it be? Cut a circle out of fabric, cut a hole in the middle, cut a slit to the edge. Be sure to line it with red silk.
post #25 of 26
The difficult part is the collar and the cut of the cape since it's not a true cape.

post #26 of 26
You could just give your selected tailor a Simplicity pattern, like so:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Victorian-Costum...QQcmdZViewItem

Have a lining added if it doesn't have one already, done. If they can make a suit jacket, they can certainly follow a pattern.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › On the Street in NYC....Cape Man