or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How do you like to wear your seersucker suit?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

How do you like to wear your seersucker suit?

post #1 of 18
Thread Starter 
How do you like to wear your seersucker suit? With a button-down collar shirt or traditional straight collar shirt? With a long necktie or bow tie? With white bucks or dirty bucks? What do you prefer, a single-breasted or a double-breasted? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, good day.
post #2 of 18
I'd like to know too. Thinking of getting some pants. Do you cuff seersucker pants? I'd like to wear them with and oxford button down shirt.
post #3 of 18
I don't have any seersucker, but can't imagine it in a DB. The fabric is casual, needs a SB.
post #4 of 18
I think that cuffthis has a DB seersucker that actually looks quite nice. I have a cheapy Haspel SB that I wear with specs. I am looking into whie bucs. I also have a neat aqua Garrick Anderson bowtie that I wear with a white BD for the truly costumey/dandy effect.
post #5 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ted
I'd like to know too. Thinking of getting some pants. Do you cuff seersucker pants? I'd like to wear them with and oxford button down shirt.


Yes, you could cuff them if you like. I have seen men wearing seersucker pants with cuffs and they look quite nice.
post #6 of 18
Thread Starter 
I am thinking of wearing my single-breasted, 3 button with plain front pants seersucker suit with a white dress shirt ( button-down collar). Long navy/white/yellow striped necktie, Vineyard Vines patchwork ribbon belt, with yellow socks and dirty bucks. That is my first choice - so I like the youthful preppy look. However, I would never dress this way for work.
post #7 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984
I am thinking of wearing my single-breasted, 3 button with plain front pants seersucker suit with a white dress shirt ( button-down collar). Long navy/white/yellow striped necktie, Vineyard Vines patchwork ribbon belt, with yellow socks and dirty bucks. That is my first choice - so I like the youthful preppy look. However, I would never dress this way for work.

That sounds like a nice, classic look.
post #8 of 18
Coincidentally, STP is running a sale on Haspel seersucker suits. (Is J still providing special links through the forum?)
post #9 of 18
Like the solid button down, pastel or classic conservative tie, and bucks approach. Also important to remember that Seersucker is the one suit you can pull apart and wear separately at will and still look good. You can wear the pants with a blue blazer or summer sportcoat and the jacket will go great with a number of summer pants (khakis, linen, etc.)

Now if it would only stop snowing in the NE and I could remember that thing called Spring we had down South.
post #10 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984
I am thinking of wearing my single-breasted, 3 button with plain front pants seersucker suit with a white dress shirt ( button-down collar). Long navy/white/yellow striped necktie, Vineyard Vines patchwork ribbon belt, with yellow socks and dirty bucks. That is my first choice - so I like the youthful preppy look. However, I would never dress this way for work.

Greetings,

I would love to see the finished product once you get it all assembled. Do you plan on taking any photos and posting them here? Are you looking at these belts here? http://www.vineyardvines.com/index.c...5-77390656e998 Which one in particular do you have in mind?

How about your bucks? If you have a paricular web page link I would appreciate it.

I do have a question, would a madras/pastel colored tie go well with the traditional blue seersucker suit?

Best,

Joe

PS: I found a cool site, check it out here http://www.susantownertotes.com
post #11 of 18
I threw mine in the washer/dryer... it's got a nice puckered look.

I usually wear the pants and jacket as separates, the sum of the parts is great then the whole.
post #12 of 18
I mostly wear a seersucker suit in a casual context, with a linen shirt sans tie and espadrilles sans socks. More often, I match the jacket with linen trousers.




But occasionally I'll add a tie and white bucks or black woven loafers.


post #13 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomasso
I mostly wear a seersucker suit in a casual context, with a linen shirt sans tie and espadrilles sans socks. More often, I match the jacket with linen trousers.




But occasionally I'll add a tie and white bucks or black woven loafers.



That looks really nice me thinks.
post #14 of 18
I have a blue and white seersuker suit that I wear with a pink dress shirt, green and pink dotted tie, and deck shoes. I tihnk it looks great during the summer. Sometimes, I wear it with a polo if I am just hanging out.
post #15 of 18
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by farangzookzon
Greetings,

I would love to see the finished product once you get it all assembled. Do you plan on taking any photos and posting them here? Are you looking at these belts here? http://www.vineyardvines.com/index.c...5-77390656e998 Which one in particular do you have in mind?

How about your bucks? If you have a paricular web page link I would appreciate it.

I do have a question, would a madras/pastel colored tie go well with the traditional blue seersucker suit?

Best,

Joe

PS: I found a cool site, check it out here http://www.susantownertotes.com

Joe,

I wasn't planning on posting any pictures but perhaps later I will.

The belt that I have looks similar to this, but in different patches:

http://www.vineyardvines.com/index.c...-8f88455c3155/

The bucks:

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...&Parent_Id=202

And it is perfectly fine to wear a madras/pastel colored tie with a seersucker suit/ jacket. Good night!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › How do you like to wear your seersucker suit?