or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › B&S Archive › Monday morning, 8:30 AM EST
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Monday morning, 8:30 AM EST - Page 6

post #76 of 110
I wonder the same, I can only imagine the phone swamp if there is no online buy process...
post #77 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay.
I wonder the same, I can only imagine the phone swamp if there is no online buy process...
Whnay, just out of curiosity, what shoe is that in your avatar? It looks spectacular!
post #78 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
Whnay, just out of curiosity, what shoe is that in your avatar? It looks spectacular!
Koji Suzuki
post #79 of 110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
Chris, just to be clear on what you have said: You will post here at 8:00 a.m. Monday morning, and include in that post, separate links for each size. These websites, however, will not be accessible until 8:30. When we go to these links, will they be set up so that we can buy directly from that website, or will we have to phone you to order (you mentioned phone calls at 9:00)?

Ok, here is the way, you can book mark the main web page with the links for each size, I will put the sizes up at exactly 8:30 am by my watch...there will be a link like before that directs you to each sizes page, from there all you have to do is click on the pair you want (the button that says BUY NOW) and it will be added to your cart. Hopefully if everything works right, when you add it it will be removed from the page. I hope, I am not promising. If all works out, nobody will double order anything...again, I hope...each pair has a seperate click button, so each pair is pictured, if it is multiple pairs of a style (few and far between) then there is 2 pics.

the link is

http://benniesshoes.com/grenson.htm

as i said, I am working to put descriptions, colors, and all info needed to prevent the need of calls. The phone will open at 9 am
770.427.2945
please use this number and not my cell number that many of you have
post #80 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl6261a
Ok, here is the way, you can book mark the main web page with the links for each size, I will put the sizes up at exactly 8:30 am by my watch...there will be a link like before that directs you to each sizes page, from there all you have to do is click on the pair you want (the button that says BUY NOW) and it will be added to your cart. Hopefully if everything works right, when you add it it will be removed from the page. I hope, I am not promising. If all works out, nobody will double order anything...again, I hope...each pair has a seperate click button, so each pair is pictured, if it is multiple pairs of a style (few and far between) then there is 2 pics.

the link is

http://benniesshoes.com/grenson.htm

as i said, I am working to put descriptions, colors, and all info needed to prevent the need of calls. The phone will open at 9 am
770.427.2945
please use this number and not my cell number that many of you have
Not to be dense (well...maybe I am!), Chris, but are you saying the following: We go to the webpage at the link above (the Bennie's homepage) at around 8:30. At exactly 8:30, links will be provided on that webpage to other pages--one for each size. Once on those size-specific pages, we will be able to see the description and will have an opportunity to purchase via a "Buy it Now" button. Apologies for beating this into the ground, but wanted to get this straight.
post #81 of 110
For those who are the really, really, really avid collectors,
consider this -

143 pairs at $250 is less than $36,000 for the lot. Probably could get a deal on the shipping. Not even a small dent in the Black American Express Card. If you cannot wear some of them, you can enjoy looking at them mounted in a glass protective case. These will be the last ones of these, I suppose, since Grenson has discontinued the Masterpiece line. Maybe you could consider them an investment and fund it from a 401(K)!!
post #82 of 110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger
Not to be dense (well...maybe I am!), Chris, but are you saying the following: We go to the webpage at the link above (the Bennie's homepage) at around 8:30. At exactly 8:30, links will be provided on that webpage to other pages--one for each size. Once on those size-specific pages, we will be able to see the description and will have an opportunity to purchase via a "Buy it Now" button. Apologies for beating this into the ground, but wanted to get this straight.

Dead on....

Charley, whats up?
post #83 of 110
So, Chris... any 7.5E?

post #84 of 110
Thread Starter 
I gotta get outta here, otherwise I am not going to get this finished, I am not coming in tomorrow to work...
post #85 of 110
Who will be the lucky one that gets these?

post #86 of 110
I'm lazy, what is the price point for these?
post #87 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by whnay.
I'm lazy, what is the price point for these?

Bill...$250 plus shipping. They go for $575-$650 at Paul Stuart.
post #88 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl6261a
Ok, here is the way, you can book mark the main web page with the links for each size, I will put the sizes up at exactly 8:30 am by my watch...there will be a link like before that directs you to each sizes page, from there all you have to do is click on the pair you want (the button that says BUY NOW) and it will be added to your cart. Hopefully if everything works right, when you add it it will be removed from the page. I hope, I am not promising. If all works out, nobody will double order anything...again, I hope...each pair has a seperate click button, so each pair is pictured, if it is multiple pairs of a style (few and far between) then there is 2 pics.

Sorry to be a drag, but wouldn't this encourage bad behavior? To make the shoes disappear as soon as it goes into anyone's shopping cart seems to me to cause people to hoard the shoes they want by clicking on it, putting it in their shopping cart (hell, every pair in their size without reading the description, as soon as it goes online), and take their sweet time deciding which ones they want. While it may be a bit more unpredictable with the shopping cart issue, but I think getting rid of the shoe after it's been sold is really the fairest thing. People that will buy will buy, and there would be no one taking gross advantage of the system.

That said, it may be a tech issue, in which case, I would like to say to anyone who's buying shoes, please be a gentleman about it and put only shoes they want in good faith.

Sorry; I don't know why, but these things bother me way too much. There's nothing that randomly pisses me off more than some guy being the first to walk into a sale and picking up 15 pairs of shoes in different sizes, obviously not for personal consumption. I know that it may be within the rules, and perhaps they need to make a living, but it's still being a bad sport.
post #89 of 110
Any other 9's?
post #90 of 110
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthmover
Sorry to be a drag, but wouldn't this encourage bad behavior? To make the shoes disappear as soon as it goes into anyone's shopping cart seems to me to cause people to hoard the shoes they want by clicking on it, putting it in their shopping cart (hell, every pair in their size without reading the description, as soon as it goes online), and take their sweet time deciding which ones they want. While it may be a bit more unpredictable with the shopping cart issue, but I think getting rid of the shoe after it's been sold is really the fairest thing. People that will buy will buy, and there would be no one taking gross advantage of the system.

That said, it may be a tech issue, in which case, I would like to say to anyone who's buying shoes, please be a gentleman about it and put only shoes they want in good faith.

Sorry; I don't know why, but these things bother me way too much. There's nothing that randomly pisses me off more than some guy being the first to walk into a sale and picking up 15 pairs of shoes in different sizes, obviously not for personal consumption. I know that it may be within the rules, and perhaps they need to make a living, but it's still being a bad sport.

Good point, and yes it is a tech issue, look I am just a shoe salesman, not a very bright guy, and I do the best I can with the limited intelligence I have when it comes to building web sites. That said, I am doing the best I can, so hopefully everyone will play fair and not take gross advantage of the system or my inability to be a good webmater.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: B&S Archive
Styleforum › Forums › Archives › Buying and Selling (Archive) › B&S Archive › Monday morning, 8:30 AM EST