or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J.Crew x Alden Indy Boots
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

J.Crew x Alden Indy Boots - Page 7

post #91 of 165
Another difference between the J. Crew and the 403 is that the pattern of the stitching along the sides of the boots is completely different. 403's follow the traditional indy stitching, J. Crew did their own thing.
post #92 of 165
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
Another difference between the J. Crew and the 403 is that the pattern of the stitching along the sides of the boots is completely different. 403's follow the traditional indy stitching, J. Crew did their own thing.

Hmm, you seem to be right:

To be honest, I like the J. Crew stitching. The picture I posted is a pretty accurate representation of the stitching color on mine. It has darkened more with a year of wear.
post #93 of 165
I just got my JCrew Indys today (looked at all of the other options and just liked these best). They are super comfortable and look fantastic.

One thing I will have to get used to is the distinct *heel*heel*toe* sound/feeling when walking. Just something I am not used to...
post #94 of 165
How do these boots feel compared to others? Do they make you feel sturdy and solid like you are in a boot or are they more like desert boots where you feel like you are wearing a slipper? ( Obviously they have different soles)
post #95 of 165
Definitely feels more like a boot as you lace them up higher (notice you can lace them up pretty high if you want). They have a substantial feel to them without being too heavy.
post #96 of 165
I know I've been asking a lot of questions about these but it's alot of cash to drop for me and I don't have any place near to try any on. So how do they feel in terms of the sole, pretty solid, comfortable?

I hate my desert boots (crepe sole) and just want to make sure the Indy's don't feel like those.
I'll probably get them and try them out, if I don't like them I can return them.
post #97 of 165
No one wants to answer?
post #98 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapp View Post
Another difference between the J. Crew and the 403 is that the pattern of the stitching along the sides of the boots is completely different. 403's follow the traditional indy stitching, J. Crew did their own thing.
Definitely like the original 403 stitching better. The J. Crew stitching looks cheap to me.
post #99 of 165
"No one wants to answer?"

Are you serious? go to a J Crew store, there are tons of them.

Also, for what it's worth, I have them and I really like them. Very durable, comfortable, etc.
post #100 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Leer View Post
"No one wants to answer?"

Are you serious? go to a J Crew store, there are tons of them.

Also, for what it's worth, I have them and I really like them. Very durable, comfortable, etc.

Well, you obviously didn't read my post because in that post I stated that I have nowhere near me to try them on. It was a simple question that only needed a simple answer.

Goddamn why does it seem like everyone in this forum has a stick up their a##!
post #101 of 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newstyle View Post
Well, you obviously didn't read my post because in that post I stated that I have nowhere near me to try them on. It was a simple question that only needed a simple answer.

Goddamn why does it seem like everyone in this forum has a stick up their a##!

lurk moar, n00b.
post #102 of 165
Hey guys, I got a pair of the J. Crew x Alden Indy boots a few weeks ago and I was wondering what products you use to clean/condition them? Thanks.
post #103 of 165
Thread Starter 
I've tried a variety of things, Venetian Shoe Cream won.
post #104 of 165
Finally got a pair of these that fit (3rd try) and they're fantastic. I used to wear Clarks DB's and was going to go up to an Iron Ranger from those, but decided to try the J. Crew Alden 405 because I like the color a lot more than the standard 405 and they're fucking amazing. Fit and finish is way beyond the Iron Rangers (maybe they just feel more refined). I'd say they're well worth the price.
post #105 of 165
Let me get this straight....you bought those from a liquor store??????????????????????
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › J.Crew x Alden Indy Boots