or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › What is your thermostat set at?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What is your thermostat set at?

post #1 of 21
Thread Starter 
...during the daytime? Do you change (i.e. lower) it at night? Is it the same all year round?
post #2 of 21
71 is my average for the day. I sleep at 67.

I open things up when I go out to keep the air fresh. In the winter I usually leave my windows open at night.

In a perfect world, it would be 68 all day, and 50 a night. I read somewhere Dick Cheney had his hotel rooms set to 68 prior to his arrival. That little fact humanized him for me.
post #3 of 21
I don't set it at all for ~10 months out of the year.
post #4 of 21
70 or 72 is about average
post #5 of 21
78-79 all time until I lower it to 76 when I sleep.
post #6 of 21
I turn the heat on about three times a year. For example, we had an exceptional snow storm in Seattle this year, normally I don't turn it on at all. I prefer to be cold.
post #7 of 21
Summer: 68 Winter:60, I like it cool.

A/C & heat are off for much of spring and early fall.
post #8 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post
78-79 all time until I lower it to 76 when I sleep.

Wow, close to 80 and you're in Texas? I need it at 72 here in Maryland.
post #9 of 21
76 F during the day in summer. Using Vornado fans with the AC makes it possible to up the thermostat a few degrees.

67 F during the day in winter. I like the heating bill to be lower than the mortgage payment.
post #10 of 21
When I am not at home. It's turned off. In the summer around 70. In the winter, usually pretty low. I like my place cold, it helps me sleep better.
post #11 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
Wow, close to 80 and you're in Texas? I need it at 72 here in Maryland.

I'm in Texas, and mine is 78 during the day and 76 at night. AC gets expensive quick, and the difference between 97-100 and 78 is substantial enough to do the job.
post #12 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by HgaleK View Post
I'm in Texas, and mine is 78 during the day and 76 at night. AC gets expensive quick, and the difference between 97-100 and 78 is substantial enough to do the job.

We had close to a $300 electric bill last month for 2000 sq. ft. We live in a new house, cost rise very quickly in the summer.
post #13 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhowie View Post
We had close to a $300 electric bill last month for 2000 sq. ft. We live in a new house, cost rise very quickly in the summer.

Does your electric company allow you to average out the bill based on annual use?
post #14 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slopho View Post
Does your electric company allow you to average out the bill based on annual use?

We've lived there less than 6 months, and I dont know if they allow that.
post #15 of 21
In my apartment I would love to sleep with it at 68. But my roomate gets cold easily so it's at 70-72 at night or sometimes off like last night. Hence I woke up stuck to my sheets.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › What is your thermostat set at?