Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I love this format...good work, gdl.
1. Tie texture. It's a very matte silk and cotton mix...very casual. Limits of photography, I guess.
2. Knot. I don't ever see changing my knots...I'm goinig chalk that up to old man contrariness.
3. BD roll. You know, all the BD rolls from the Neopolitans are too dramatic. I think that is one of the reasons that iammatt and I have gravitated back to Brooks Brothers ever since the Black Fleece versions of the shirts came out (with the slimmed up body and sleeves, higher armhole, and nicer buttons.) I'm not doing anything to my RTW shirts...I'll let the cleaners destroy them over time. My attention is focused on picking a shirtmaker.
4. Yep...if you bought this jacket from a store back when it was available, it would not look or fit like the jacket I have. It's been...evolved...shall we say. It's also longer than my bespoke stuff.
5. Advancing to the next round. What's the prize?
Tie is growing on me. Knot just lacks the sprezzatura of the jacket. Too confined to the relaxed look of the jacket.
I agree about the N. shirt collars. This point length is 1/2 to 3/4" too long but I like BD's to roll over the straight look.
Your tailor is great. He brings a consistent look to your jackets regardless of brand.
Best jacket length, to my eye, is to the tip of your left thumb. A few of your jackets are that length.
I hear the prize is a guest shot on Maffoo's blog or a free foof. I have heard both rumors spreading around.