Originally Posted by Despos
I'll dip my toe into the water here.
I like the jacket and trouser combo. The tie style/texture looks off from the jacket. I would give Vox the same advice he gives on pocket squares and use a more relaxed/organic knot. This looks like an office knot as in office pants look. The tie texture is too slick for the jacket. I like the roll of the shirt collar but if you look at the close up shot (not shown here) the buttons need to be relocated. Collar button position of button downs often change after laundering.
I think the jacket has had quite a bit of adjustments/altering, especially the right side/shoulder. Vox will have to confirm. Jacket is longer than his other jackets.
Overall it is good enough to advance Vox to the next round.
I love this format...good work, gdl.
1. Tie texture. It's a very matte silk and cotton mix...very casual. Limits of photography, I guess.
2. Knot. I don't ever see changing my knots...I'm goinig chalk that up to old man contrariness.
3. BD roll. You know, all the BD rolls from the Neopolitans are too dramatic. I think that is one of the reasons that iammatt and I have gravitated back to Brooks Brothers ever since the Black Fleece versions of the shirts came out (with the slimmed up body and sleeves, higher armhole, and nicer buttons.) I'm not doing anything to my RTW shirts...I'll let the cleaners destroy them over time. My attention is focused on picking a shirtmaker.
4. Yep...if you bought this jacket from a store back when it was available, it would not look or fit like the jacket I have. It's been...evolved...shall we say. It's also longer than my bespoke stuff.
5. Advancing to the next round. What's the prize?