or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Momotaro - Page 7

post #91 of 3370
I think if Momotaro stopped using pink selvage lines, it would have to change its name. I'm pretty sure they use the pink selvage lines because of their name Momotaro, comes from story where the main character Momotaro is found inside of a giant peach (momo in Japanese) by an elderly couple.
post #92 of 3370
Thread Starter 
I don't care about the pink line selvage. But the pink inseam stitching is tacky. Shouldn't be used on a guy's pair of jeans. I've had a lot of Japanese jeans and Momotaro makes some of the nicest stuff I've seen, but the pink inseam stitching is just not cool. It's bright and stands out. I know a lot of people say it's not noticeable but it really is. I've had a pair and it's a bad look.
post #93 of 3370
opps, sorry I was just about to post I just realized you said the inseam line, sorry. I do agree with you on the inseam stiching, I would prefer them to be something other than pink too.
post #94 of 3370
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobersti View Post
opps, sorry I was just about to post I just realized you said the inseam line, sorry. I do agree with you on the inseam stiching, I would prefer them to be something other than pink too.

Yea I don't get it. I know it sets them apart but the quality of their denim and construction is as good as anything I've had or seen. That should be enough. I had a pair of the 0201's and got lots of compliments on the fit, especially from girls. Then they saw the pink stitching and thought I had girl jeans on or something.
post #95 of 3370
I really like the pink inseam... Because it's different. I take your point about it looking a bit like a girlie thing, but I don't think I've ever had anyone notice it without me pointing it out. I really don't think it's a big deal at all. Even if I hated it, I'd keep buying and wearing them because of the awesome quality. They're unreal jeans. Interesting note on fading - I've had my 0701's since June and have worn them pretty much 7 days per week. There is barely any noticeable fades... The back pockets have the slightest wear on the edges, there is one faint contasty line coming out near the crotch and that's it. They sure retain their indigo! They look almost like the day I bought them. Itching to buy my 0201's.
post #96 of 3370
did they stretch much?
post #97 of 3370
^^ Nope. Not much at all. I got them hip-bruisingly tight, and they still fit real snug right now (though they have stretched and softended enough to be comfortable). The waistband stretched the most... Maybe an inch? Remember, I FORCED them to stretch due to tightness, and that's all that came out.
post #98 of 3370
Pink inseam makes it more interesting to me. Will laugh at people who try to associate pink with girls or gay. Luckily that dumb shit doesn't happen in Asia.

Not that I'm going to be getting any more denim for a long time, but if I need another pair then Momotaro is pretty high up on what I'm thinking of getting for next time.
post #99 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
^^ Nope. Not much at all. I got them hip-bruisingly tight, and they still fit real snug right now (though they have stretched and softended enough to be comfortable). The waistband stretched the most... Maybe an inch?

Remember, I FORCED them to stretch due to tightness, and that's all that came out.

Hey mate, where would be the best place to get these in Aus?
post #100 of 3370
^^ I bought them online from www.blueingreensoho.com with international shipping. If your size is out, they're getting more in the first week of November. Given the strong Aussie $, buying from the US is pretty good at the moment. They reckon it'll reach parity by Christmas though (and $1.10 by June!), so no harm in waiting Ohhh... I will be buying so much more clothing when that happens
post #101 of 3370
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
Pink inseam makes it more interesting to me. Will laugh at people who try to associate pink with girls or gay. Luckily that dumb shit doesn't happen in Asia.

Not that I'm going to be getting any more denim for a long time, but if I need another pair then Momotaro is pretty high up on what I'm thinking of getting for next time.


I'm not associating pink with anything. But it's bright and stands out regardless of what people who have them try to say. I've had a pair so I can speak from experience. I don't think bright stitching belongs on jeans regardless of what color it is, and why I hate orange stitching as well. It's not like it's a dull pink or anything. It's brighter in person then what pictures suggest.
post #102 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbreen1 View Post
Then they saw the pink stitching and thought I had girl jeans on or something.

I meant this part, I know you aren't going to think pink=gay/girl or else I figure you wouldn't have gotten them in the first place. Fair argument then, I turned down getting some Uniqlo jeans because of the color in stitching too.
post #103 of 3370
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeglus View Post
I meant this part, I know you aren't going to think pink=gay/girl or else I figure you wouldn't have gotten them in the first place. Fair argument then, I turned down getting some Uniqlo jeans because of the color in stitching too.

O ok I gotcha. But yea people definitely associate pink with girls for the most part I think. I wouldn't even mind a dull pink/salmon color but it's just so bright. Like a cotton candy color but almost neon. The fit is the best I've seen in the 0201, at least for me. And the denim has so much texture and the perfect weight. I thought they would darken when you soak them but the indigo really doesn't bleed much.
post #104 of 3370
How odd. See, I don't think the pink is very prominent at all - it's just not that visible. I don't think many people look you up and down and examine your outfit to the extent that they notice you have a pink inseam... I know I never do...

I guess it polarises opinion - love it or hate it.
post #105 of 3370
Thread Starter 
I wonder if you could get it ripped out and restitched in a better color. I bet you could, just wonder how much it would cost.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro