or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Momotaro - Page 52

post #766 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxlfeng View Post
This is probably a dumb question by just want to be sure, what do You consider true to size? Measurin your waist or measuring your favourite pair of jeans using The BiG method?
why do you people measure using the "big" method and then go buy jeans at another place? you do realize each shop measures differently? the big method is not the only way to measure jeans nor will it give you your true waist size. if you want to learn to measure your true waist size i would do a quick google search.
post #767 of 3370
Well big meted is pretty widely used nowadays, context and blue owl adopt the
Same way of measuring. So according to big, I am a size 33, lol looks like
I got fat, most of my jeans are sz 32.
post #768 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxlfeng View Post
This is probably a dumb question by just want to be sure, what do
You consider true to size? Measurin your waist or measuring your
favourite pair of jeans using The BiG method?

I use my actual waist measure. i.e. if my waist is 31, jeans in 31's are usually juuuust right. in japanese denim anyway.
post #769 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkinwayne View Post
You have Copper Labels?

Got any pics?

Should be in the thread somewhere. Maybe whatever123 want to dig them up for you... :P
post #770 of 3370
I found them myself by the way:

Here's the fit: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=398

And some detailshots right here: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=401
post #771 of 3370
I just searched them up

Was going to ask for some wear pics, but it's only been a few months eh
post #772 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
I found them myself by the way:

Here's the fit: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=398

And some detailshots right here: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=401

where did you cop? I might have to pick up a pair after i'm done wearing these two 201's.
post #773 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
I found them myself by the way:

Here's the fit: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=398]

this fit is so perfect.
post #774 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx View Post
where did you cop? I might have to pick up a pair after i'm done wearing these two 201's.

Nordic Denim House (http://www.nordicdenimhouse.com). Mail them, Taavi can sort things out for you. Good service from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever123 View Post
this fit is so perfect.

Thanks
post #775 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by lxlfeng View Post
This is probably a dumb question by just want to be sure,
what do You consider true to size?
Measurin your waist or measuring your favourite pair of jeans using The BiG method
imo, one particular reason why some peeps are confused about sizing is, because they neglect to consider an important dimension to the equation, the rise. you can't compare waist measurement of pairs that don't have equal/same rises. direct waist to waist comparison only works if both jeans have the same rise [ie, front + back] & are of the same condition [which should be post soak/post wash].

so, to answer your 2nd question first, you need to measure ["your favorite pair..."] @about the point commensurate to a 701 rise. once you got the corresponding waist measurement, look for the post soak/wash waist measurement of a 701 that'll match [that]... & whatever the tagged size on that = your size.

as for TTS, it is just an approximation__ a base comparison to guage how you would like the cut/model to fit you. but, you will only be able to determine, if you already know your waist size on different cuts [ie, in relation to thigh + rise measurement], as well as denim behavior [shrink vs stretch].

hope that helps.
post #776 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post
imo, one particular reason why some peeps are confused about sizing is, because they neglect to consider an important dimension to the equation, the rise. you can't compare waist measurement of pairs that don't have equal/same rises. direct waist to waist comparison only works if both jeans have the same rise [ie, front + back] & are of the same condition [which should be post soak/post wash].

so, to answer your 2nd question first, you need to measure ["your favorite pair..."] @about the point commensurate to a 701 rise. once you got the corresponding waist measurement, look for the post soak/wash waist measurement of a 701 that'll match [that]... & whatever the tagged size on that = your size.

as for TTS, it is just an approximation__ a base comparison to guage how you would like the cut/model to fit you. but, you will only be able to determine, if you already know your waist size on different cuts [ie, in relation to thigh + rise measurement], as well as denim behavior [shrink vs stretch].

hope that helps.

WOW, I just got enlightened haha
This is probabaly the most concise and accurate guide i've seen.
Thanks IIIrd Icon!
post #777 of 3370
does anyone know if the BiG collab is something that will continue for more runs or is this more likely a one and done piece?
post #778 of 3370
Ask the man himself-Gordon. Also, for anyone interested, I have a pair of Momotaros in B&S for a good price.
post #779 of 3370
Update: Momo 701 @7mos[+PbJ 007]



post #780 of 3370
So bloody nice. A fine showing, sir.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro