Any experience with the 18oz denim in terms of strecth with wear?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 12:28 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Momotaro - Page 234post #3497 of 35691/22/16 at 9:58ampost #3498 of 35691/22/16 at 10:02amQuote:
Do you think the waist will open back to prewash size? like one inch? I heard momos vintage label dont strecth much.post #3499 of 35691/22/16 at 2:38pmQuote:
In my experience yes. I've only washed one of my Momo's, other two are still getting broken in. The pair I washed was a special light weight 10oz denim that Blue In Green did about 2 years ago. I've worn them into the ground. They have been washed three times in cold water, and hung dry. The 3rd wash they definitely got tighter in the waist than the two previous washes, but eventually opened back up. They are still a bit tighter, but fit great.
I have always bought Momo true to size in the waist, and though they are snug at first, they do eventually open up.post #3500 of 35691/24/16 at 11:03ampost #3501 of 35691/24/16 at 4:16pmQuote:
Yes, they are both the slim straight fit, should work for youpost #3502 of 35691/25/16 at 4:01amQuote:I got the 0305-2G indigo/gray in 18oz. They say it is 2 sizes smaller so I got a 33 (my usual waist size would be 31). Honestly I could have sized up to an 34.. I have it more than a year, no wash before 6 month of daily wear, now 3-4 washes.. The thing is still pretty stiff and not comfortable at all. The leg opening is super narrow and I wear them when I want to put them in the boots, a can not get them over higher/ engineer boots.
I have 3 momos and will start to sell them. I won't get more and prefer 3 sixteen and iron heart now. Better denim, better fit, better fading..post #3503 of 35691/25/16 at 5:54ampost #3504 of 35691/31/16 at 7:33pmQuote:
My size 31 momo 0701 went from 32" to 31" after a cold soak & stretched back to 32" after one wear. My tummy could be exerting a strong force.post #3505 of 35691/31/16 at 7:38pmpost #3506 of 35692/1/16 at 7:27ampost #3507 of 35692/7/16 at 5:47amAnybody here happens to have a new size 29 MOMOTARO JEANS G004-MB COPPER LABEL 14.7OZ that have not been worn or soaked yet?
The various thigh measurements posted by different retailers are confusing me. Denimio posted 11.7", Okayama posted 11.5" and scout heddels posted 11.25".
I know the G004 is one washed so i am assuming very minimal to no shrinkage in the thigh?
I am so damn confused !!!post #3508 of 35692/28/16 at 1:38am
Hello, I recently got the Momo 0701. Presoak fit is like I should size down one size if these were not shrink, should I size down?
I am usually reluctant to use hot water with clothes, since it may affect the look or appearance of the fabric. These jeans look quite nice in this raw presoak state, is hot water going to affect this look somehow? it´s my first pair of unsanforized denim, sorry about the newbie questions.post #3509 of 35692/28/16 at 5:46ampost #3510 of 35692/28/16 at 9:19amSome guys in the Ironheart forum used boiling water and cooked their leather patch. Makes no difference to shrinkage if it's boiling or hot.
I suggest a cold soak first to gauge your shrinkage for 1st soak. You can always do another warmer 2nd soak if u want more shrinkage.
Take it easy pal. Don't rush.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Poor man's watch thread 2 minutes ago
- › STYLEFORUM GIVES 2016 - OUR ANNUAL HOLIDAY CHARITY AUCTIONS FOR THE... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 4 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Interchangeable/Versatile Wardrobe Help: Charcoal Suit 11 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 11 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 13 minutes ago
- › 2016-17 College Football Season Threak 13 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 16 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...