or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Momotaro - Page 233

post #3481 of 3565
Any idea how much will 701 shrink after a warm soak in rise, thigh, knee, leg opening?

Thought I should indicate I m referring to the raw version.

Tks a million
post #3482 of 3565
Shrink about an inch in the waist and up to 2 inches in length. I have found that after a few wears post wash/soak, the waist will open back up a bit
post #3483 of 3565
Tks for your advice.
post #3484 of 3565

AJ0705-MB Kojima Ajino store limited edition. 

post #3485 of 3565

I'm assuming if the waist isn't tight, there's no reason for it to stretch out?

Ended up going +1 on the 701's (tag 34): perfect fit in the thigh (comfortable now, should be spot on after a hot soak), but I'm swimming in the waist.  BIG shows their one wash goes down to 33.75 (from 35.25"raw).  I'm just hesitant to keep them as I can't fathom them shrinking that much based on how big they seem now.

 

I ordered some 202's from BIG in 33, and was going to wait until they arrived to compare fits.  But they went from Seattle to LA instead of north to Vancouver, BC.  

 

I'm more just venting in my own frustration in my incomprehension in sizing jeans.  I've read all the Momo threads, compared them to my other jeans, and even made up spreadsheets!  It's been about 2 years since my last pair of STF (SDA-103, tag 33), and I nailed that sizing.  I think I might have f*d up here.

post #3486 of 3565
I think your best bet is to trust the one wash measurements. From there they'll stretch out a little bit, but not a lot.
post #3487 of 3565
0702 Deep Indigo x Black tag size 33. I've been wearing IH-666, but decided to try Momotaro.

IMG_0119_zpsigp2nkqq.jpg

IMG_0120_zps2qowkbjd.jpg

IMG_0122_zpshk1ovnuk.jpg
post #3488 of 3565
Quote:
Originally Posted by luck View Post

0702 Deep Indigo x Black tag size 33. I've been wearing IH-666, but decided to try Momotaro.
  Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_0119_zpsigp2nkqq.jpg

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_0120_zps2qowkbjd.jpg

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
IMG_0122_zpshk1ovnuk.jpg

 

How do the 0702's fit compared to the IH-666s? Are they as tight in the thigh?

post #3489 of 3565
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikW View Post

How do the 0702's fit compared to the IH-666s? Are they as tight in the thigh?

I haven't measured them, but they are very close in the thighs. I think the 666s may be a fraction roomier, but not by very much at all. I personally have plenty of space in both with my build.
post #3490 of 3565
Just got a pair of raw 0701's, they are so stiff that I literally cut my finger trying to button them. Probably could have sized up one in the waist, but looking forward to breaking these in.
post #3491 of 3565
Quote:
Originally Posted by luck View Post

I haven't measured them, but they are very close in the thighs. I think the 666s may be a fraction roomier, but not by very much at all. I personally have plenty of space in both with my build.

Did u pick up the same size? I'm a 32 in my IH555 but have sized up to 33 in my momotaro 305..
post #3492 of 3565
Quote:
Originally Posted by zola View Post

Did u pick up the same size? I'm a 32 in my IH555 but have sized up to 33 in my momotaro 305..

I did pick up the same tag size- 33 in both. The 666 measured 33.4 and the 0702 measured 34 at t he waist both pre soak. I soaked them both in cold and did cold wash. the 666 now measure right at 33.2 and the 0702 33.6 after the soak. I'm a 32.8 measured, so both have some room, which is how I like them to fit. I believe I may have been able to size down in the 0702, but didn't want to risk it.
post #3493 of 3565
Quote:
Originally Posted by luck View Post

I did pick up the same tag size- 33 in both. The 666 measured 33.4 and the 0702 measured 34 at t he waist both pre soak. I soaked them both in cold and did cold wash. the 666 now measure right at 33.2 and the 0702 33.6 after the soak. I'm a 32.8 measured, so both have some room, which is how I like them to fit. I believe I may have been able to size down in the 0702, but didn't want to risk it.

Ok. The 305 is a very slim cut, so with the 702 one could probably go one size down..
post #3494 of 3565
Quote:
Originally Posted by zola View Post

Ok. The 305 is a very slim cut, so with the 702 one could probably go one size down..
Never size down on 701. I SU1 & still ended tight @top block down the line.

702 is an auto size up.
post #3495 of 3565
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post

Never size down on 701. I SU1 & still ended tight @top block down the line.

702 is an auto size up.

I was referring to my iron heart size = same size 702. Or would u even go up sizewise compared to the momo 305? That would be a 34 and my usual size is 31..
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro