or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Momotaro - Page 214

post #3196 of 3349
I guess 15.7 oz, like OW GTB Label. Or 14.7. Most denims from Momo come in those weights.

Good fit on those IIIrd.
post #3197 of 3349
Thanx guys!

'Guess they're in for the long haul ... glad I sized up. Felt like they're identical w/the Ciscos. I'll check comparative measurements when I get a chance
post #3198 of 3349


Snuck my altered BOM006 to work today. Haven't had many chances to wear them. They fit pretty much like a pair of SLP 17.5 cm now in the leg.
post #3199 of 3349

Hello, I am going to buy my first pair of Momos, I am looking for a straight slim fit and I am choosing between the 0201 and 0701. I am looking at different charts but there is always a difference in measurements.

 

-I hear momotaro jeans dont strecth, just a bit, is this true?

-How much are they going to srink in the waist after first soak? BIG says two inches and BOW says one inch in the waist. I guess 0.5 for the rest must be right

 

it seems that the 0201 has roomy tights, is this correct?

 

 

cheers!

post #3200 of 3349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonney View Post
 

Hello, I am going to buy my first pair of Momos, I am looking for a straight slim fit and I am choosing between the 0201 and 0701. I am looking at different charts but there is always a difference in measurements.

 

-I hear momotaro jeans dont strecth, just a bit, is this true?

-How much are they going to srink in the waist after first soak? BIG says two inches and BOW says one inch in the waist. I guess 0.5 for the rest must be right

 

it seems that the 0201 has roomy tights, is this correct?

 

 

cheers!

 

Although the 201 might be described as "slim" in some places, I really don't think it is a slim fit at all, and the thighs are not that narrow.  The 701 is definitely a slimmer fit than the 201, but still not really "slim".  Both these are unsanforized so yes, they will definitely shrink. Not sure if you're set on unsanforized denim because my opinion is that unsanforized denim is always a crap shoot as to whether you'll really end up with the fit that you want.  There are some that swear by unsanforized denim but I now personally feel safer with sanforized raw denim.

 

And yes, Momos are known for not stretching very much.  Having said all that, I have three pairs of Momos and they are great.  Good luck.

post #3201 of 3349
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post
 

 

Although the 201 might be described as "slim" in some places, I really don't think it is a slim fit at all, and the thighs are not that narrow.  The 701 is definitely a slimmer fit than the 201, but still not really "slim".  Both these are unsanforized so yes, they will definitely shrink. Not sure if you're set on unsanforized denim because my opinion is that unsanforized denim is always a crap shoot as to whether you'll really end up with the fit that you want.  There are some that swear by unsanforized denim but I now personally feel safer with sanforized raw denim.

 

And yes, Momos are known for not stretching very much.  Having said all that, I have three pairs of Momos and they are great.  Good luck.

I agree with BootSpell. I have the 0701, 0702 and BOM006-T. They're slim-ish cuts. The 0702 and BOM006-T are both Sanforized, so they won't shrink as much. My 0701 did shrink, but not a lot. I bought a size 32 in the 0701 and 0702 and 31 in the BOM006-T and the 0701 is tightest around my thighs, but not by a significant margin. The BOM006-T is the most roomy in the thighs and waist despite being a 31 (it's a different cut). Also for reference, my waist is ~33.5". Also, they don't stretch a whole lot unlike other raw denim brands.

post #3202 of 3349
"Slim" is subjective, in relation to individual's built. Also, often confused w/ skinny

... e.g., 701/702 are "slim" on me, but not as slim on rail-thin built ... conversely, 201/202 are sorta "comfort-slim" on me, but slimmer on an athletic built dude wink.gif
post #3203 of 3349
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post

"Slim" is subjective, in relation to individual's built. Also, often confused w/ skinny

... e.g., 701/702 are "slim" on me, but not as slim on rail-thin built ... conversely, 201/202 are sorta "comfort-slim" on me, but slimmer on an athletic built dude wink.gif

Their tight ladies jeans are not small at all...I'm dying for a pair of Momos but even the smallest size would fall off me!

I was so desperate that my custom jeans maker has persuaded them to sell him a one off length of.tightly woven 20oz Deep Blue Selvedge denim, which will my 2015 jeans, as this year I'm having a pair of Kurabo 19oz jeans made (hoping for a pair of cobalt Pbjs for Xmas).
So much for my jeans ban!
smile.gif
I can't wait to have my own Momotaro jeans, although they'll end up costing far more than off the peg jeans-the denim seems pretty indestructible.

I've got a pair of bespoke 21oz Kurabo jeans that are 2 years old and they're indestructible.

I can't wait to post next years jeans on this thread!
They'll be awesome - unfortunately they wouldn't sell us a length of the natural indigo, but what I got is great.smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif
post #3204 of 3349

Thanks a lot for the advise, I guess they shrink one inch in the waist 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikW View Post
 

I agree with BootSpell. I have the 0701, 0702 and BOM006-T. They're slim-ish cuts. The 0702 and BOM006-T are both Sanforized, so they won't shrink as much. My 0701 did shrink, but not a lot. I bought a size 32 in the 0701 and 0702 and 31 in the BOM006-T and the 0701 is tightest around my thighs, but not by a significant margin. The BOM006-T is the most roomy in the thighs and waist despite being a 31 (it's a different cut). Also for reference, my waist is ~33.5". Also, they don't stretch a whole lot unlike other raw denim brands.

Thanks a lot for the advise, I guess they shrink one inch in the waist 

 

Could you please tell me the measurements of your 0701 in size 32?, I was thinking about that size, it would be a great reference for me, did they stretch back to the pre soak measure?


Edited by Bonney - 3/29/14 at 12:48pm
post #3205 of 3349

 My true waist is 32,  Kevin at BOW told me I should get size 31 in  0701 and 0201, both in raw version, since Momos don shrink or strecth too much. In the forums people is saying they shrink one inch afer first soak, so I am bit confused

post #3206 of 3349
They will shrink a bit, they will stretch a bit. General concensus is to go TTS on the 0701 and TTS or -1 on the 0201. Sizing down on 0701 is NOT advisable.
post #3207 of 3349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonney View Post

 My true waist is 32,  Kevin at BOW told me I should get size 31 in  0701 and 0201, both in raw version, since Momos don shrink or strecth too much. In the forums people is saying they shrink one inch afer first soak, so I am bit confused

I love BO, but don't agree at all. TTS in Momo is always the safest bet. Raw or not.
post #3208 of 3349
Size 31= 32" waist.
*edit* He followed our measuring guide and sent me his measurements off his favorite fitting pants, After comparing the thigh, rise and waist of his other best fitting pants to the 0701 I recommended a 31.
-Kevin
post #3209 of 3349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-D View Post

Size 31= 32" waist.
*edit* He followed our measuring guide and sent me his measurements off his favorite fitting pants, After comparing the thigh, rise and waist of his other best fitting pants to the 0701 I recommended a 31.
-Kevin

Well there you go. I can't compete against comparing measurements of pants. That's the ideal way to go.
post #3210 of 3349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-D View Post

Size 31= 32" waist.
*edit* He followed our measuring guide and sent me his measurements off his favorite fitting pants, After comparing the thigh, rise and waist of his other best fitting pants to the 0701 I recommended a 31.
-Kevin

Still I would recommend to go TTS.

The waist will stretch back to raw measurements, after prolonged wear... Which takes a decent time, due to the nature of the tight weave. But the thigh is a bitch to stretch. I'd rather not have to go stretching out denim after every wash.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro