Thanks. And it was one wash if that makes any different
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 11:29 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Momotaro - Page 208
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3107 of 34241/6/14 at 7:14ampost #3108 of 34241/6/14 at 8:50amQuote:
No. The 0705BiG will not shrink that much though. I would stick with a regular pair of 0705SP's if I were you. Unless you like The burnt red inseam stitch better than the original pink one.post #3109 of 34241/6/14 at 11:01amQuote:
No it's not equivalent, or no there's no reason to go with the raws over the one wash? I do prefer the burnt red stitching, that's the main reason I am considering the 0705BIG. Still not entirely sure how I feel about the battle stripes, either.post #3110 of 34241/6/14 at 1:05pmpost #3111 of 34241/6/14 at 2:42pmQuote:
I'm wearing my 0705SP's today. Nice jean, great texture and feel to it. They won't shrink much on you, or really stretch all that much either. I went TTS, and aside form putitng about 9 months of wear in them, and slimming down a bit weight wise, they fit pretty much the same as the day I bought them. No washes or soaks yet.post #3112 of 34241/6/14 at 6:15pmIMO, sizing, basically depends on what your intentions are with your RAW pair of denim__ if you're going for the "NOW" look, then TTS or size down to w/e makes for a slim/"clean" aesthetic look ... but, if you're planning to hold on to them 'til they fall apart, then you need to "Future-size".
on Momos or Samurais or SDAs, etc., i'm sizing up 1 these days ... 'does not matter if they're not/partially/fully sanforized, @the back end [ie, after years of wear & multiple washes] the denim tend to shrink a bit more. of course, you can always stretch them out, but IMO that's just cumbersome. besides, i love my old vintage-looking pair to look comfy & nonchalant, not snug & confining.post #3113 of 34241/7/14 at 7:06amQuote:
Sorry, I meant the latter. I've had discussion about this particular model and the outcome was, they did not shrink much, though they are advertised as raw.post #3114 of 34241/7/14 at 7:10amQuote:
While this may apply to One Wash denim in general, Momotaro denim isn't hard washed using industrial laundry machines. They are cold washed using seawater. There will or might be some shrinkage left on the OW variants.post #3115 of 34241/19/14 at 7:34ampost #3116 of 34241/19/14 at 7:35ampost #3117 of 34241/19/14 at 8:08ampost #3118 of 34241/19/14 at 10:48ampost #3119 of 34241/25/14 at 7:58pm
Okay Guys - Help me out.. Having a Bit of trouble in deciding between the 0205SPs, the 0805SPs, and the 0705SPs. I'm a Momotaro newb, but do have previous denim experience lol. I'm looking for something with possibly around a weird guy cut? Something baggier than Nudie Grim Tims, but not anti-fit baggy. After having difficulties with measurements from BiG, I'm not as trusting when it comes to buying denim online. My waist is somewhere between a 30-31. I was thinking a 31 in both the 0205s and the 0805s just to be safe instead of having to risk them being to small, but that does also run the risk of them possibly being too baggy? I was also considering the 0705s in a 32, which right now looks like my best bet, since Even though the prices w/ shipping are lower at Okayama, I believe Blue Own has better customer service and return policies, which is probably worth the extra $40-$50?
any input would be greatly appreciatedpost #3120 of 34241/26/14 at 12:05amOut of those 3 cuts, the 705 would be most like what you claim to be looking for. If your waist measures 30-31, it's likely a tagged-31 would be fine for you. However, make sure the thigh measurement is adequate or you'll never be comfortable in them.
I'll fully vouch for Blue Owl - the best people through which I've ever bought denim.
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 25 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 2 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...