or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Momotaro - Page 208

post #3106 of 3370

Thanks. And it was one wash if that makes any different

post #3107 of 3370
I'm strongly considering the 0705BIG for my next pair... can anyone give me any opinions on the raw vs. the one wash? Is the one wash basically the equivalent of buying the raw and doing my own soak? Any particular reason to stick with the raws?
post #3108 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by crafty35a View Post

I'm strongly considering the 0705BIG for my next pair... can anyone give me any opinions on the raw vs. the one wash? Is the one wash basically the equivalent of buying the raw and doing my own soak? Any particular reason to stick with the raws?

No. The 0705BiG will not shrink that much though. I would stick with a regular pair of 0705SP's if I were you. Unless you like The burnt red inseam stitch better than the original pink one.
post #3109 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post

No. The 0705BiG will not shrink that much though. I would stick with a regular pair of 0705SP's if I were you. Unless you like The burnt red inseam stitch better than the original pink one.

No it's not equivalent, or no there's no reason to go with the raws over the one wash? I do prefer the burnt red stitching, that's the main reason I am considering the 0705BIG. Still not entirely sure how I feel about the battle stripes, either.
post #3110 of 3370
IMO, don't bother w/ the raws. Too many sizing mistakes have resulted in the history of STF denim to bother. Just get the O/W - there will be no difference in indigo behavior, plus you'll know immediately if they will fit or not.
post #3111 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by crafty35a View Post

I'm strongly considering the 0705BIG for my next pair... can anyone give me any opinions on the raw vs. the one wash? Is the one wash basically the equivalent of buying the raw and doing my own soak? Any particular reason to stick with the raws?

I'm wearing my 0705SP's today. Nice jean, great texture and feel to it. They won't shrink much on you, or really stretch all that much either. I went TTS, and aside form putitng about 9 months of wear in them, and slimming down a bit weight wise, they fit pretty much the same as the day I bought them. No washes or soaks yet.
post #3112 of 3370
IMO, sizing, basically depends on what your intentions are with your RAW pair of denim__ if you're going for the "NOW" look, then TTS or size down to w/e makes for a slim/"clean" aesthetic look ... but, if you're planning to hold on to them 'til they fall apart, then you need to "Future-size".

on Momos or Samurais or SDAs, etc., i'm sizing up 1 these days ... 'does not matter if they're not/partially/fully sanforized, @the back end [ie, after years of wear & multiple washes] the denim tend to shrink a bit more. of course, you can always stretch them out, but IMO that's just cumbersome. besides, i love my old vintage-looking pair to look comfy & nonchalant, not snug & confining.
post #3113 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by crafty35a View Post

No it's not equivalent, or no there's no reason to go with the raws over the one wash? I do prefer the burnt red stitching, that's the main reason I am considering the 0705BIG. Still not entirely sure how I feel about the battle stripes, either.

Sorry, I meant the latter. I've had discussion about this particular model and the outcome was, they did not shrink much, though they are advertised as raw.
post #3114 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

IMO, don't bother w/ the raws. Too many sizing mistakes have resulted in the history of STF denim to bother. Just get the O/W - there will be no difference in indigo behavior, plus you'll know immediately if they will fit or not.

While this may apply to One Wash denim in general, Momotaro denim isn't hard washed using industrial laundry machines. They are cold washed using seawater. There will or might be some shrinkage left on the OW variants.
post #3115 of 3370
This is the current state of my bom005..I am in love with these jeans. Idk how long its been exactly but I ordered them the day of release. Washed once at some point. My legs are too skinny to ever get good whiskers but I love the fit on these.
[IMG]
post #3116 of 3370
post #3117 of 3370
Nice job. My BOM005's are still bleeding like a mofo, even after some solid break in time.
post #3118 of 3370
Just an update on the Okayama Denim fiasco -- still no refund & very spotty communication. Contemplating chargeback
post #3119 of 3370

Okay Guys - Help me out.. Having a Bit of trouble in deciding between the 0205SPs, the 0805SPs, and the 0705SPs. I'm a Momotaro newb, but do have previous denim experience lol. I'm looking for something with possibly around a weird guy cut? Something baggier than Nudie Grim Tims, but not anti-fit baggy. After having difficulties with measurements from BiG, I'm not as trusting when it comes to buying denim online. My waist is somewhere between a 30-31. I was thinking a 31 in both the 0205s and the 0805s just to be safe instead of having to risk them being to small, but that does also run the risk of them possibly being too baggy? I was also considering the 0705s in a 32, which right now looks like my best bet, since Even though the prices w/ shipping are lower at Okayama, I believe Blue Own has better customer service and return policies, which is probably worth the extra $40-$50?

 

any input would be greatly appreciated :D 

post #3120 of 3370
Out of those 3 cuts, the 705 would be most like what you claim to be looking for. If your waist measures 30-31, it's likely a tagged-31 would be fine for you. However, make sure the thigh measurement is adequate or you'll never be comfortable in them.

I'll fully vouch for Blue Owl - the best people through which I've ever bought denim.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro