or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Momotaro - Page 207

post #3091 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven7seven View Post

Just got Japan Blue 201s and took about 5 minutes to get the top button done. Everything else fits nice. Should I sell them now before I even attempt to stretch them out?

Yes. You should not significantly struggle to put on your pants.
post #3092 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

Yes. You should not significantly struggle to put on your pants.
^ This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven7seven View Post

Just got Japan Blue 201s and took about 5 minutes to get the top button done. Everything else fits nice. Should I sell them now before I even attempt to stretch them out?

Are these offered in raw and "one wash"?

If raw, did you soak them yet?
Edited by Zekdafied - 12/24/13 at 12:29am
post #3093 of 3362
Yes they are Raw and one wash. These are raw and no soak.

Turns out the waist is 32 and inseam is 34.5. It's a size 33 and the waist SHOULD be 34.5 with a 37.5 inseam.

Got from Okayama denim. Won't be ordering there again that's for sure.
post #3094 of 3362
Forgot to quote you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekdafied View Post

^ This.
Are these offered in raw and "one wash"?

If raw, did you soak them yet?
post #3095 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven7seven View Post

Yes they are Raw and one wash. These are raw and no soak.

Turns out the waist is 32 and inseam is 34.5. It's a size 33 and the waist SHOULD be 34.5 with a 37.5 inseam.

Got from Okayama denim. Won't be ordering there again that's for sure.

you're giving contradicting statements.
they're either RAW [ie, haven't touched water__ ever] or one wash ... can't be both. it's not about about if you've soaked them, but the state of the denim when you got them smile.gif

from actual measurement posted, seems O/W. if they are, indeed, O/W, you might still be good.

post some close up pix of the jeans & also a fit photo & we'll try to sort it out. wink.gif

AFAIK, Okayama's got a good rep here for customer service. did you ask questions, like sizing or specify RAW [not O/W], before you ordered?
post #3096 of 3362
Sorry, I meant the jeans come in both one wash and raw. These are raw. And they are not going to work out, the waist is 3 inches smaller than what my favorite broken in pair is. There were measurements on Okayama (the measurements I posted in my last post). Okayama wants me to pay the international shipping to get them swapped which I don think is right when they shipped very misrepresented jeans based on their size guide (waist off by 2.5+ inches and inseam off by 3+.. Not even close)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post

you're giving contradicting statements.
they're either RAW [ie, haven't touched water__ ever] or one wash ... can't be both. it's not about about if you've soaked them, but the state of the denim when you got them smile.gif

from actual measurement posted, seems O/W. if they are, indeed, O/W, you might still be good.

post some close up pix of the jeans & also a fit photo & we'll try to sort it out. wink.gif

AFAIK, Okayama's got a good rep here for customer service. did you ask questions, like sizing or specify RAW [not O/W], before you ordered?
post #3097 of 3362

Wearing my BM005s today.  Really a nice jean.  The black over indigo color is pretty cool, with either the black or the blue being emphasized depending on the top, shoes, and belt.

post #3098 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven7seven View Post

Sorry, I meant the jeans come in both one wash and raw. These are raw. And they are not going to work out, the waist is 3 inches smaller than what my favorite broken in pair is. There were measurements on Okayama (the measurements I posted in my last post). Okayama wants me to pay the international shipping to get them swapped which I don think is right when they shipped very misrepresented jeans based on their size guide (waist off by 2.5+ inches and inseam off by 3+.. Not even close)

 

This is the exact time when you can use the ability to contest the charges on your credit card.  The CC company will want you to try work it out with the vendor first.  Then if you can't reach a compromise, the CC company usually credits you the full amount and then will investigate the issue for you.

post #3099 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootSpell View Post

This is the exact time when you can use the ability to contest the charges on your credit card.  The CC company will want you to try work it out with the vendor first.  Then if you can't reach a compromise, the CC company usually credits you the full amount and then will investigate the issue for you.

Great, thanks for the tip. Okayama stopped responding to my emails after I said I wasn't happy paying to ship them back. Will give them a couple days then I will go the CC dispute route.
post #3100 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by seven7seven View Post

Great, thanks for the tip. Okayama stopped responding to my emails after I said I wasn't happy paying to ship them back. Will give them a couple days then I will go the CC dispute route.

That's a bummer. They answered my emails in a timely manner. I'm sure the holiday orders and inquiries has their hands full. I would try to email them again incase the previous one fell through the cracks.

You can try BiG if you'd like a US company. I think even though the prices are a bit higher initially, the shipping costs and the fact they do free hemming on a pair you purchase from them, it may actually work out to be cheaper. If anything it'll be a tad bit more money but you can have the same pair of jeans quicker and hemmed.

Best of luck. I hope it gets resolved fairly and quickly.
Zeki
post #3101 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekdafied View Post

That's a bummer. They answered my emails in a timely manner. I'm sure the holiday orders and inquiries has their hands full. I would try to email them again incase the previous one fell through the cracks.

You can try BiG if you'd like a US company. I think even though the prices are a bit higher initially, the shipping costs and the fact they do free hemming on a pair you purchase from them, it may actually work out to be cheaper. If anything it'll be a tad bit more money but you can have the same pair of jeans quicker and hemmed.

Best of luck. I hope it gets resolved fairly and quickly.
Zeki

After another email I got in touch with them. They have offered to refund my shipping charges, so I mailed them back. Will update on if I get a refund or not!
post #3102 of 3362

I have shopped at Okayama Denim several times and have never had a problem. Sounds to me like you missed sized man. my JB406 measured exactly how they were advertised. Stop trying to squeeze into your jeans buy the right size. The size chart is only for reference, if you were uncertain before you bought the jeans you should have emailed them and asked for them to measure the pair they were going to send you. That or just shop with Blue Owl they are a great local shop. 

post #3103 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightyow77 View Post

I have shopped at Okayama Denim several times and have never had a problem. Sounds to me like you missed sized man. my JB406 measured exactly how they were advertised. Stop trying to squeeze into your jeans buy the right size. The size chart is only for reference, if you were uncertain before you bought the jeans you should have emailed them and asked for them to measure the pair they were going to send you. That or just shop with Blue Owl they are a great local shop. 

Thanks, but I didn't miss size -- it must just be a factory defect. Have tried on the exact size before which fits great. Like I said in my original post, 34.5" inseam is a significant difference from 37.6". And 32" waist when measurements provided by seller were 34.6" is also ridiculous. However, it seems like the company has recognized their error and is going to resolve the issue, so all should be good.
post #3104 of 3362

Here is a pair of Momotaro jeans i bought couple of years ago at TAKE5. I removed the tag. Could anyone help me out with the model? Thanks in advance

http://www.styleforum.net/t/371987/momotaro-jeans-0701-0705-0703-actual-w31-32

post #3105 of 3362
I allready mentioned it in your sale thread due to a mistake from my side... But those are a pair of 0701's.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro