Would appreciate if someone could post a fit picture of JB201
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Momotaro - Page 205
Styleforum Top Picks
These are what Jay from Blue Owl recommended based on my waist measurement of a 32. When i got them, I could not get the top 3 buttons done. He told me to keep wearing them and they will stretch to be perfect. They did stretch, but not enough. The thighs were skin tight at first for the guy asking about them loosening .
My Bom006 are a 30 and are great
My N&F skinny guy are also a 30 and I have to wear a belt with those...dont "have" to but sometimes they will slide too much without.
I personally prefer a little extra room. My rule of thumb, and I have done jeans for a long time (the first collab that I did, I believe was back in 2007), is that the jeans should button up, snugly, but not uncomfortably, from day 1. If you want a looser fit, they will button up comfortably from day 1.
Reading through all the measurement I am pretty sure I got THE smallest 30 in the batch. Because even now after the wear, its still not what the measurements say of 31.5
I would say the 0200sp thigh area stretched enough for some people ,...although i still cant lift my leg high enough to skip two stairs walking up or to flush a toilet with my foot for example.
Indeed. Stop sizing down, people. Wear a size that buttons up easily, if snugly, when you first get them. The guy who posted that picture, you are easily a size 32. A 31 *might* work, but they will still be tight. I would guess that you are a size 32. (which, incidentally, is my size). Here is a good rule of thumb. If when you first put them on, you get male muffin top, you have 2 choices: 1) Lose 10-15 lbs, 2) Size up 1-2 sizes.
DEAR LORD THANK YOU FOR SPEAKING TRUTH FOK.
All this "size down" crap has to run its course soon.
This can't be a serious question? They are a cotton article of clothing, unless you have worn them soaked them in your sweat and left them an extremely humid/unventilated place they will remain as you have left them. Jeans are not this magical, revolutionary thing. They have been around for a long time after all, part of what makes them a "heritage" "classic" article of clothing. Miners and cowboys would live in these things. Meditate on that for a bit, now ask yourself, how the F is storing them, at what I can only imagine is near or below room temp, going to change them at the molecular level? Furthermore, these are not some perishable item like say, a tomato they go on your body. They are meant to be worn WTF!
I have a closet which turns unworn jeans into beautiful faded pairs. True story.
I don't post much, but wanted to show some fit pics for others to utilize. This is my third pair of "high end" denim. I've had Iron Heart 634s and Sugarcane Okinawa. I've gained some weight so I decided it was time to get a new pair and try a cut I haven't had before.
I am 5'10'' , 182 pounds.
I went with Momotaro 0901 Vintage Label - Regular Straight. I like that they are 15.7oz Zimbabwe cotton, with slight hairy slubiness. Here are pictures post soak.
I soaked them once in cold water while wearing them in the tub for 30 minutes. They were still not as snug as I'd like to break them in, so I did a hot soak:
One hour hot water soak. Drained water. Another one hour hot water soak.
They tightened up a bit. I don't think as much as people fear they will though. The waist fits great. I'm not sure I'm in love with the cut/style quite yet, but getting them hemmed to proper inseam, I'm expecting will make a big difference. Obviously they are a bit stiff still.
Anyways, here are the post soak fit pictures. Tag size 33. Let me know your opinions. I'm torn between these and maybe getting a pair of 0201's for a smaller more fitted leg opening.
(Sorry for the phone quality pics)
Here are pre soak pics. I know the background color makes it hard to see but might as well post them...
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 11 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Proposal Stage, 2 weeks!: Viberg for Styleforum preorders Round1 -... 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Ermenegildo Zegna Chocolate Flannel trousers -- Flat Front - 36 x... 4 minutes ago
- › Shell Cordovan Wallet Pron 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 College Football Season Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 8 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...
- › Knit Blazers: What Even Are They?
- › Fok’s Pitti Pick: Wear Coat, Get Blogged
- › What it Means to be Made in Italy
- › How to Smell Fabulous in Florence (and Beyond)
- › The Current State of Americana
- › The Styleforum Brief: February 2015
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...