Would appreciate if someone could post a fit picture of JB201
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 8:37 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Momotaro - Page 205post #3062 of 357712/7/13 at 7:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by sillyboybmxer
These are what Jay from Blue Owl recommended based on my waist measurement of a 32. When i got them, I could not get the top 3 buttons done. He told me to keep wearing them and they will stretch to be perfect. They did stretch, but not enough. The thighs were skin tight at first for the guy asking about them loosening .
My Bom006 are a 30 and are great
My N&F skinny guy are also a 30 and I have to wear a belt with those...dont "have" to but sometimes they will slide too much without.
I personally prefer a little extra room. My rule of thumb, and I have done jeans for a long time (the first collab that I did, I believe was back in 2007), is that the jeans should button up, snugly, but not uncomfortably, from day 1. If you want a looser fit, they will button up comfortably from day 1.post #3063 of 357712/7/13 at 7:21pmpost #3064 of 357712/7/13 at 7:28pm
Reading through all the measurement I am pretty sure I got THE smallest 30 in the batch. Because even now after the wear, its still not what the measurements say of 31.5
I would say the 0200sp thigh area stretched enough for some people ,...although i still cant lift my leg high enough to skip two stairs walking up or to flush a toilet with my foot for example.post #3065 of 357712/7/13 at 8:31pmpost #3066 of 357712/7/13 at 9:08pmQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
Indeed. Stop sizing down, people. Wear a size that buttons up easily, if snugly, when you first get them. The guy who posted that picture, you are easily a size 32. A 31 *might* work, but they will still be tight. I would guess that you are a size 32. (which, incidentally, is my size). Here is a good rule of thumb. If when you first put them on, you get male muffin top, you have 2 choices: 1) Lose 10-15 lbs, 2) Size up 1-2 sizes.
DEAR LORD THANK YOU FOR SPEAKING TRUTH FOK.
All this "size down" crap has to run its course soon.post #3067 of 357712/8/13 at 3:46amSizing down or up isn't that bad actually... But you should know your own dimensions to make it work. All these guys sizing down with unflattering fits in the end, mostly think they are smaller than tape measurer indicates. Just get your numbers right... Taking the right size ain't rocket science.post #3068 of 357712/8/13 at 9:39pmpost #3069 of 357712/9/13 at 3:11ampost #3070 of 357712/9/13 at 5:05pmpost #3071 of 357712/9/13 at 5:09pmpost #3072 of 357712/9/13 at 7:34pm
This can't be a serious question? They are a cotton article of clothing, unless you have worn them soaked them in your sweat and left them an extremely humid/unventilated place they will remain as you have left them. Jeans are not this magical, revolutionary thing. They have been around for a long time after all, part of what makes them a "heritage" "classic" article of clothing. Miners and cowboys would live in these things. Meditate on that for a bit, now ask yourself, how the F is storing them, at what I can only imagine is near or below room temp, going to change them at the molecular level? Furthermore, these are not some perishable item like say, a tomato they go on your body. They are meant to be worn WTF!post #3073 of 357712/10/13 at 9:52amQuote:
I have a closet which turns unworn jeans into beautiful faded pairs. True story.post #3074 of 357712/10/13 at 11:14amHi everyone!
I don't post much, but wanted to show some fit pics for others to utilize. This is my third pair of "high end" denim. I've had Iron Heart 634s and Sugarcane Okinawa. I've gained some weight so I decided it was time to get a new pair and try a cut I haven't had before.
I am 5'10'' , 182 pounds.
I went with Momotaro 0901 Vintage Label - Regular Straight. I like that they are 15.7oz Zimbabwe cotton, with slight hairy slubiness. Here are pictures post soak.
I soaked them once in cold water while wearing them in the tub for 30 minutes. They were still not as snug as I'd like to break them in, so I did a hot soak:
One hour hot water soak. Drained water. Another one hour hot water soak.
They tightened up a bit. I don't think as much as people fear they will though. The waist fits great. I'm not sure I'm in love with the cut/style quite yet, but getting them hemmed to proper inseam, I'm expecting will make a big difference. Obviously they are a bit stiff still.
Anyways, here are the post soak fit pictures. Tag size 33. Let me know your opinions. I'm torn between these and maybe getting a pair of 0201's for a smaller more fitted leg opening.
(Sorry for the phone quality pics)
Here are pre soak pics. I know the background color makes it hard to see but might as well post them...post #3075 of 357712/10/13 at 1:08pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 43 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › E.G. Cappelli Store now LIVE! 5 minutes ago
- › Quality clothing with free shipping? check out... 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 9 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 10 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 10 minutes ago
- › *** The official PATRIK ERVELL thread *** 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...