Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Yesterday at 10:34 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Momotaro - Page 204
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3047 of 342412/5/13 at 5:56pm
Sure. The jeans are 60% denim and 40% silk. The weft is made of silk, making the jeans appear blue grey. When I wear them it feels like I'm wearing silk pajamas, or at least how I imagine they feel. For a pair of jeans that are not that slubby, they appear to have a really nice texture from a distance. They fit a bit bigger than Momotaro's regular line; the BM004, a tagged 29, fits looser than the 007-2B, tagged 30, I own. If I had to pay full price for these I would've bought a different pair of jeans (Studio D'artisan, Oni, or Samurai), but I couldn't pass them up because I got such a great deal on them.post #3048 of 342412/5/13 at 10:43pmpost #3049 of 342412/6/13 at 3:57ampost #3050 of 342412/6/13 at 4:17amQuote:Originally Posted by seeldoger47
Sure. The jeans are 60% denim and 40% silk. The weft is made of silk, making the jeans appear blue grey. When I wear them it feels like I'm wearing silk pajamas, or at least how I imagine they feel. For a pair of jeans that are not that slubby, they appear to have a really nice texture from a distance. They fit a bit bigger than Momotaro's regular line; the BM004, a tagged 29, fits looser than the 007-2B, tagged 30, I own. If I had to pay full price for these I would've bought a different pair of jeans (Studio D'artisan, Oni, or Samurai), but I couldn't pass them up because I got such a great deal on them.
So they don't feel like raw denim when you wear them but do they crinkle like so?
Also, hotter or cooler than other comparible jeans?
Edited by JSAN - 12/6/13 at 4:34ampost #3051 of 342412/6/13 at 5:26amQuote:
Well, the 0705 is a very slim fit with minimal to no taper. The XX-011 is a tapered fit which tapers from the knee down. Both pairs have fairly tight thigh areas, so key is to size this right. Furthermore the knee on PBJ's is very slim.
The LHT fabric stretches more than the tight weave Momo's have. Hope this helps a bit.post #3052 of 342412/6/13 at 6:07ampost #3053 of 342412/6/13 at 7:03ampost #3054 of 342412/6/13 at 7:49ampost #3055 of 342412/6/13 at 7:51amQuote:
These will develop fades over time - it just won't be the atari fades everyone is looking for. These do a better job keeping my body heat in than heavier weighted denim.post #3056 of 342412/7/13 at 5:48pmpost #3057 of 342412/7/13 at 6:30pmpost #3058 of 342412/7/13 at 6:53pmpost #3059 of 342412/7/13 at 7:05pmQuote:
Indeed. Stop sizing down, people. Wear a size that buttons up easily, if snugly, when you first get them. The guy who posted that picture, you are easily a size 32. A 31 *might* work, but they will still be tight. I would guess that you are a size 32. (which, incidentally, is my size). Here is a good rule of thumb. If when you first put them on, you get male muffin top, you have 2 choices: 1) Lose 10-15 lbs, 2) Size up 1-2 sizes.post #3060 of 342412/7/13 at 7:13pm
These are what Jay from Blue Owl recommended based on my waist measurement of a 32. When i got them, I could not get the top 3 buttons done. He told me to keep wearing them and they will stretch to be perfect. They did stretch, but not enough. The thighs were skin tight at first for the guy asking about them loosening .
My Bom006 are a 30 and are great
My N&F skinny guy are also a 30 and I have to wear a belt with those...dont "have" to but sometimes they will slide too much without.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 11 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 20 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 36 seconds ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 40 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Alden Color 8 Burgundy Shell Cordovan Shortwing Balmoral Brooks... 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 4 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...