Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 5:34 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Momotaro - Page 204
Styleforum Top Pickspost #3047 of 350712/5/13 at 5:56pm
Sure. The jeans are 60% denim and 40% silk. The weft is made of silk, making the jeans appear blue grey. When I wear them it feels like I'm wearing silk pajamas, or at least how I imagine they feel. For a pair of jeans that are not that slubby, they appear to have a really nice texture from a distance. They fit a bit bigger than Momotaro's regular line; the BM004, a tagged 29, fits looser than the 007-2B, tagged 30, I own. If I had to pay full price for these I would've bought a different pair of jeans (Studio D'artisan, Oni, or Samurai), but I couldn't pass them up because I got such a great deal on them.post #3048 of 350712/5/13 at 10:43pmpost #3049 of 350712/6/13 at 3:57ampost #3050 of 350712/6/13 at 4:17amQuote:Originally Posted by seeldoger47
Sure. The jeans are 60% denim and 40% silk. The weft is made of silk, making the jeans appear blue grey. When I wear them it feels like I'm wearing silk pajamas, or at least how I imagine they feel. For a pair of jeans that are not that slubby, they appear to have a really nice texture from a distance. They fit a bit bigger than Momotaro's regular line; the BM004, a tagged 29, fits looser than the 007-2B, tagged 30, I own. If I had to pay full price for these I would've bought a different pair of jeans (Studio D'artisan, Oni, or Samurai), but I couldn't pass them up because I got such a great deal on them.
So they don't feel like raw denim when you wear them but do they crinkle like so?
Also, hotter or cooler than other comparible jeans?
Edited by JSAN - 12/6/13 at 4:34ampost #3051 of 350712/6/13 at 5:26amQuote:
Well, the 0705 is a very slim fit with minimal to no taper. The XX-011 is a tapered fit which tapers from the knee down. Both pairs have fairly tight thigh areas, so key is to size this right. Furthermore the knee on PBJ's is very slim.
The LHT fabric stretches more than the tight weave Momo's have. Hope this helps a bit.post #3052 of 350712/6/13 at 6:07ampost #3053 of 350712/6/13 at 7:03ampost #3054 of 350712/6/13 at 7:49ampost #3055 of 350712/6/13 at 7:51amQuote:
These will develop fades over time - it just won't be the atari fades everyone is looking for. These do a better job keeping my body heat in than heavier weighted denim.post #3056 of 350712/7/13 at 5:48pmpost #3057 of 350712/7/13 at 6:30pmpost #3058 of 350712/7/13 at 6:53pmpost #3059 of 350712/7/13 at 7:05pmQuote:
Indeed. Stop sizing down, people. Wear a size that buttons up easily, if snugly, when you first get them. The guy who posted that picture, you are easily a size 32. A 31 *might* work, but they will still be tight. I would guess that you are a size 32. (which, incidentally, is my size). Here is a good rule of thumb. If when you first put them on, you get male muffin top, you have 2 choices: 1) Lose 10-15 lbs, 2) Size up 1-2 sizes.post #3060 of 350712/7/13 at 7:13pm
These are what Jay from Blue Owl recommended based on my waist measurement of a 32. When i got them, I could not get the top 3 buttons done. He told me to keep wearing them and they will stretch to be perfect. They did stretch, but not enough. The thighs were skin tight at first for the guy asking about them loosening .
My Bom006 are a 30 and are great
My N&F skinny guy are also a 30 and I have to wear a belt with those...dont "have" to but sometimes they will slide too much without.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 21 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 2 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 5 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 7 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 8 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...