Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 5:32 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Momotaro - Page 204post #3047 of 357712/5/13 at 5:56pm
Sure. The jeans are 60% denim and 40% silk. The weft is made of silk, making the jeans appear blue grey. When I wear them it feels like I'm wearing silk pajamas, or at least how I imagine they feel. For a pair of jeans that are not that slubby, they appear to have a really nice texture from a distance. They fit a bit bigger than Momotaro's regular line; the BM004, a tagged 29, fits looser than the 007-2B, tagged 30, I own. If I had to pay full price for these I would've bought a different pair of jeans (Studio D'artisan, Oni, or Samurai), but I couldn't pass them up because I got such a great deal on them.post #3048 of 357712/5/13 at 10:43pmpost #3049 of 357712/6/13 at 3:57ampost #3050 of 357712/6/13 at 4:17amQuote:Originally Posted by seeldoger47
Sure. The jeans are 60% denim and 40% silk. The weft is made of silk, making the jeans appear blue grey. When I wear them it feels like I'm wearing silk pajamas, or at least how I imagine they feel. For a pair of jeans that are not that slubby, they appear to have a really nice texture from a distance. They fit a bit bigger than Momotaro's regular line; the BM004, a tagged 29, fits looser than the 007-2B, tagged 30, I own. If I had to pay full price for these I would've bought a different pair of jeans (Studio D'artisan, Oni, or Samurai), but I couldn't pass them up because I got such a great deal on them.
So they don't feel like raw denim when you wear them but do they crinkle like so?
Also, hotter or cooler than other comparible jeans?
Edited by JSAN - 12/6/13 at 4:34ampost #3051 of 357712/6/13 at 5:26amQuote:
Well, the 0705 is a very slim fit with minimal to no taper. The XX-011 is a tapered fit which tapers from the knee down. Both pairs have fairly tight thigh areas, so key is to size this right. Furthermore the knee on PBJ's is very slim.
The LHT fabric stretches more than the tight weave Momo's have. Hope this helps a bit.post #3052 of 357712/6/13 at 6:07ampost #3053 of 357712/6/13 at 7:03ampost #3054 of 357712/6/13 at 7:49ampost #3055 of 357712/6/13 at 7:51amQuote:
These will develop fades over time - it just won't be the atari fades everyone is looking for. These do a better job keeping my body heat in than heavier weighted denim.post #3056 of 357712/7/13 at 5:48pmpost #3057 of 357712/7/13 at 6:30pmpost #3058 of 357712/7/13 at 6:53pmpost #3059 of 357712/7/13 at 7:05pmQuote:
Indeed. Stop sizing down, people. Wear a size that buttons up easily, if snugly, when you first get them. The guy who posted that picture, you are easily a size 32. A 31 *might* work, but they will still be tight. I would guess that you are a size 32. (which, incidentally, is my size). Here is a good rule of thumb. If when you first put them on, you get male muffin top, you have 2 choices: 1) Lose 10-15 lbs, 2) Size up 1-2 sizes.post #3060 of 357712/7/13 at 7:13pm
These are what Jay from Blue Owl recommended based on my waist measurement of a 32. When i got them, I could not get the top 3 buttons done. He told me to keep wearing them and they will stretch to be perfect. They did stretch, but not enough. The thighs were skin tight at first for the guy asking about them loosening .
My Bom006 are a 30 and are great
My N&F skinny guy are also a 30 and I have to wear a belt with those...dont "have" to but sometimes they will slide too much without.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 5 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 6 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 7 minutes ago
- › Alden 986 Shell Cordovan #8 LHS Loafers - Size 11 Narrow 7 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...