Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 4:26 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Momotaro - Page 200
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2987 of 350710/21/13 at 4:11pmI've had my Momotaro vintage label for about a year and a half, 2 washes... Pocket bags are falling apart, threading throughout the denim is coming loose had to re stitch both back pockets on, pink thread on inside of leg is coming out... super disappointed for only being 1 1/2 years old. I hate to say I'll most likely stay away from momo next time =/post #2988 of 350710/21/13 at 4:14pmpost #2989 of 350710/21/13 at 5:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by kraska
I've had my Momotaro vintage label for about a year and a half, 2 washes... Pocket bags are falling apart, threading throughout the denim is coming loose had to re stitch both back pockets on, pink thread on inside of leg is coming out... super disappointed for only being 1 1/2 years old. I hate to say I'll most likely stay away from momo next time =/
You're not washing your denim enough. For reals.
Denim is so prone to breaks when not cleaned.post #2990 of 350710/21/13 at 7:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by kraska
I've had my Momotaro vintage label for about a year and a half, 2 washes... Pocket bags are falling apart, threading throughout the denim is coming loose had to re stitch both back pockets on, pink thread on inside of leg is coming out... super disappointed for only being 1 1/2 years old. I hate to say I'll most likely stay away from momo next time =/Quote:
What he said - wash your jeans. Not any fault of the denim - washes will strengthen the denim. Research it a little and you'll see..post #2991 of 350710/21/13 at 8:31pmpost #2992 of 350710/22/13 at 2:34ampost #2993 of 350710/27/13 at 2:31ampost #2994 of 350710/28/13 at 5:57pm
I have a pair of Momo 702BRs that I want to shrink (can't return them at this point; they've been chain-stitched/hemmed). They are brand new, never been washed/rinsed or worn. I know they're sanforized so the shrinkage might be minimal.
What's the best way to shrink them as much as possible without compromising the indigo/color?post #2995 of 350710/28/13 at 7:09pmpost #2996 of 350710/28/13 at 7:57pmpost #2997 of 350710/28/13 at 8:58pm
Good answer! But Dbear did reply...
I'll try to take some pics tomorrow. I was too disappointed and frustrated today to take any.Quote:
That's discouraging news. I'll have to mull over what my plan of action is. Real 1st world problem.post #2998 of 350710/29/13 at 1:43pm
Here's a fit pic (sort of) of the 702BR that I'd like to try to shrink as much as possible. As you can see, I should have sized down one.
Since I can't return/exchange them, I am wanting to shrink them as much as possible, even at the cost of compromising the indigo/color. What is the best approach to achieve as much shrinkage with as little color loss as possible? TIA.post #2999 of 350710/29/13 at 1:46pm
Styleforum Top Picks
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 4 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 5 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?