Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 9:56 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Momotaro - Page 181
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2702 of 34604/10/13 at 6:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I'm far from a denim expert, but isn't the "point" of buying raw denim that the wear and fading patterns that ultimately show up are unique to you, and to how and where you wear your jeans? Otherwise, you may as well just buy a pre-distressed pair with the "pattern" you want, no?
That was the point he was trying to make; if you want that particular type if fading, you would have to wear a looser-fitting pair of jeans.post #2703 of 34604/11/13 at 9:50amQuote:Quote:
ahhh ok. I'm noticing I get these creases when I sit with my legs spread wide too. I'm gonna be sitting cross legged a lot now, I effing love those lines !
My comment was not to the 'combs but to the high-contrast fading on the mid-low thighs. I have creases just like that on my thighs from sitting cross legged (lotus) and the original poster verified I was correct, that the lines he was referring were being caused by the tension from crossing legs, because he recreated those same creases when he spread his legs apart.post #2704 of 34604/11/13 at 7:16pmpost #2705 of 34604/11/13 at 7:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by tozfeekum
So I just received these from BlueOwl and I'm worried they're too tight in the thighs and ass. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
IF you ask then you're likely not comfortable with the fit. Personal comfort levels is most critical. Russell Brand might want his tighter than that. Robert De Niro might not.
As an outside observer they look fine currently. Tight mens jeans are a cyclical trend and IDK how much longer they'll be fashionable this time around, but for today they're fine. Barely, but still so. They are giving you a little muffin and I doubt they stretch much.
At least you could get yours on. I got my pair to mid thigh before I couldn't get any further.
Of course my opinion is worth not shit here. I'm sure you'll await El Arge...'s final word.post #2706 of 34604/11/13 at 7:35pmpost #2707 of 34604/11/13 at 7:38pmpost #2708 of 34604/11/13 at 7:41pmpost #2709 of 34604/12/13 at 10:00ampost #2710 of 34604/12/13 at 11:53ampost #2711 of 34604/12/13 at 3:38pmpost #2712 of 34604/12/13 at 3:53pm
I have BOM004 & BOM005 and love the denim.
Found one small issue on both pairs. The front pocket opening is very tight to the point that it feels like cutting the back of my hand as I reach into them. Never experienced this on any of my other raw jeans, even if they are new or well worn in.post #2713 of 34604/12/13 at 10:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by BlackPig
I have BOM004 & BOM005 and love the denim.
Found one small issue on both pairs. The front pocket opening is very tight to the point that it feels like cutting the back of my hand as I reach into them. Never experienced this on any of my other raw jeans, even if they are new or well worn in.
same thing i noticed on mine! glad it's not just me, front pockets are pretty useless and you'll look dumb struggling to get a lighter or coins out. not complaining though, the bom005 is the only pair that fit as well as the nf weird guy fit on me.post #2714 of 34604/12/13 at 10:35pmQuote:
looks good, let me know when you see any fading starting to show up on your pair.post #2715 of 34604/12/13 at 11:40pm
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 2 minutes ago
- › LEMAIRE 2 minutes ago
- › Ten C : The Emperor's New Clothes 3 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 3 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth