Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 6:08 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Momotaro - Page 181
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2702 of 34244/10/13 at 6:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I'm far from a denim expert, but isn't the "point" of buying raw denim that the wear and fading patterns that ultimately show up are unique to you, and to how and where you wear your jeans? Otherwise, you may as well just buy a pre-distressed pair with the "pattern" you want, no?
That was the point he was trying to make; if you want that particular type if fading, you would have to wear a looser-fitting pair of jeans.post #2703 of 34244/11/13 at 9:50amQuote:Quote:
ahhh ok. I'm noticing I get these creases when I sit with my legs spread wide too. I'm gonna be sitting cross legged a lot now, I effing love those lines !
My comment was not to the 'combs but to the high-contrast fading on the mid-low thighs. I have creases just like that on my thighs from sitting cross legged (lotus) and the original poster verified I was correct, that the lines he was referring were being caused by the tension from crossing legs, because he recreated those same creases when he spread his legs apart.post #2704 of 34244/11/13 at 7:16pmpost #2705 of 34244/11/13 at 7:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by tozfeekum
So I just received these from BlueOwl and I'm worried they're too tight in the thighs and ass. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
IF you ask then you're likely not comfortable with the fit. Personal comfort levels is most critical. Russell Brand might want his tighter than that. Robert De Niro might not.
As an outside observer they look fine currently. Tight mens jeans are a cyclical trend and IDK how much longer they'll be fashionable this time around, but for today they're fine. Barely, but still so. They are giving you a little muffin and I doubt they stretch much.
At least you could get yours on. I got my pair to mid thigh before I couldn't get any further.
Of course my opinion is worth not shit here. I'm sure you'll await El Arge...'s final word.post #2706 of 34244/11/13 at 7:35pmpost #2707 of 34244/11/13 at 7:38pmpost #2708 of 34244/11/13 at 7:41pmpost #2709 of 34244/12/13 at 10:00ampost #2710 of 34244/12/13 at 11:53ampost #2711 of 34244/12/13 at 3:38pmpost #2712 of 34244/12/13 at 3:53pm
I have BOM004 & BOM005 and love the denim.
Found one small issue on both pairs. The front pocket opening is very tight to the point that it feels like cutting the back of my hand as I reach into them. Never experienced this on any of my other raw jeans, even if they are new or well worn in.post #2713 of 34244/12/13 at 10:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by BlackPig
I have BOM004 & BOM005 and love the denim.
Found one small issue on both pairs. The front pocket opening is very tight to the point that it feels like cutting the back of my hand as I reach into them. Never experienced this on any of my other raw jeans, even if they are new or well worn in.
same thing i noticed on mine! glad it's not just me, front pockets are pretty useless and you'll look dumb struggling to get a lighter or coins out. not complaining though, the bom005 is the only pair that fit as well as the nf weird guy fit on me.post #2714 of 34244/12/13 at 10:35pmQuote:
looks good, let me know when you see any fading starting to show up on your pair.post #2715 of 34244/12/13 at 11:40pm
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 31 seconds ago
- › 38S/R RLPL St. Andrews Navy 3-Button Suit 59 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 1 minute ago
- › RLPL St. Andrews 3-Button Navy Suit -- 38 S/R 4 minutes ago
- › Style help 6 minutes ago
- › JOHN LOBB BLACK TWO-EYELET DERBY UK 8E 20 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 23 minutes ago
- › SW&D Sneakers and Trainers Challenge: 1 August – 9 August 2015 24 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 26 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...