Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 7:18 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Momotaro - Page 181post #2702 of 35304/10/13 at 6:23pmQuote:Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I'm far from a denim expert, but isn't the "point" of buying raw denim that the wear and fading patterns that ultimately show up are unique to you, and to how and where you wear your jeans? Otherwise, you may as well just buy a pre-distressed pair with the "pattern" you want, no?
That was the point he was trying to make; if you want that particular type if fading, you would have to wear a looser-fitting pair of jeans.post #2703 of 35304/11/13 at 9:50amQuote:Quote:
ahhh ok. I'm noticing I get these creases when I sit with my legs spread wide too. I'm gonna be sitting cross legged a lot now, I effing love those lines !
My comment was not to the 'combs but to the high-contrast fading on the mid-low thighs. I have creases just like that on my thighs from sitting cross legged (lotus) and the original poster verified I was correct, that the lines he was referring were being caused by the tension from crossing legs, because he recreated those same creases when he spread his legs apart.post #2704 of 35304/11/13 at 7:16pmpost #2705 of 35304/11/13 at 7:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by tozfeekum
So I just received these from BlueOwl and I'm worried they're too tight in the thighs and ass. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!
IF you ask then you're likely not comfortable with the fit. Personal comfort levels is most critical. Russell Brand might want his tighter than that. Robert De Niro might not.
As an outside observer they look fine currently. Tight mens jeans are a cyclical trend and IDK how much longer they'll be fashionable this time around, but for today they're fine. Barely, but still so. They are giving you a little muffin and I doubt they stretch much.
At least you could get yours on. I got my pair to mid thigh before I couldn't get any further.
Of course my opinion is worth not shit here. I'm sure you'll await El Arge...'s final word.post #2706 of 35304/11/13 at 7:35pmpost #2707 of 35304/11/13 at 7:38pmpost #2708 of 35304/11/13 at 7:41pmpost #2709 of 35304/12/13 at 10:00ampost #2710 of 35304/12/13 at 11:53ampost #2711 of 35304/12/13 at 3:38pmpost #2712 of 35304/12/13 at 3:53pm
I have BOM004 & BOM005 and love the denim.
Found one small issue on both pairs. The front pocket opening is very tight to the point that it feels like cutting the back of my hand as I reach into them. Never experienced this on any of my other raw jeans, even if they are new or well worn in.post #2713 of 35304/12/13 at 10:33pmQuote:Originally Posted by BlackPig
I have BOM004 & BOM005 and love the denim.
Found one small issue on both pairs. The front pocket opening is very tight to the point that it feels like cutting the back of my hand as I reach into them. Never experienced this on any of my other raw jeans, even if they are new or well worn in.
same thing i noticed on mine! glad it's not just me, front pockets are pretty useless and you'll look dumb struggling to get a lighter or coins out. not complaining though, the bom005 is the only pair that fit as well as the nf weird guy fit on me.post #2714 of 35304/12/13 at 10:35pmQuote:
looks good, let me know when you see any fading starting to show up on your pair.post #2715 of 35304/12/13 at 11:40pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Stupid political crap your friends post on facebook. 6 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 7 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 13 minutes ago
- › New With Tags Zegna Mens Blazer, size 40 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding