Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 10:58 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Momotaro - Page 177
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2642 of 35073/27/13 at 9:12ampost #2643 of 35073/27/13 at 9:18ampost #2644 of 35073/27/13 at 9:19ampost #2645 of 35073/27/13 at 9:47amThe BiG description says it's only 10 oz in weight: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=12789&category_id=&manufacturer_id=42&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28&vmcchk=1post #2646 of 35073/27/13 at 9:59ampost #2647 of 35073/27/13 at 10:00ampost #2648 of 35073/27/13 at 10:22ampost #2649 of 35073/27/13 at 10:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Jay-D
Introducing the Momotaro x Blue Owl "Midnight Warrior" Tapered BOM005
Our 5th collaboration with Momotaro features a tapered version of the "Midnight Warrior" design from our first collaboration, the BOM001. It is a creative denim that uses a super dark indigo 15.7oz fabric with black stitching and details that makes the denim look black, yet will fade to a beautiful indigo full of variations and the black battle stripes.
Momotaro x Blue Owl "Midnight Warrior" Tapered 15.7oz Raw Selvedge - Model BOM005
* The "tapered" fit has never been produced by Momotaro. This fit has been borrowed from the Japan Blue line. The fit is slim in the top block, has a medium rise, enough room in the thigh to be comfortable, and begins to taper from the upper thigh all the way to the leg opening.
* 15.7oz sanforized raw selvedge
* Deep blue pure indigo denim using super-dense 6s yarn
* Deer skin patch
* Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story.
* Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story.
* 100% Zimbabwe cotton
* 100% natural cotton thread
* Available in sizes 28-34, 36
* Made in Japan
* Limited to 60 pairs for the first production
More on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/03/momotaro-x-blue-owl-midnight-warrior_26.html
Can you make this exact same jean with black denim (in straight leg) for your next collaboration with Momo Vintage Label?
post #2650 of 35073/27/13 at 11:03ampost #2651 of 35073/27/13 at 1:37pmpost #2652 of 35073/27/13 at 2:11pmpost #2653 of 35073/27/13 at 2:21pmpost #2654 of 35073/27/13 at 2:28pm
Other than the two distinctions (straight leg & denim color) it would be the exact same jean.
I know you were just trying to be a smart ass in your comment, but the statement "the exact same jean with black denim (in straight leg)" has greater linguistic economy than "another jean made with 15.7 oz. denim, woven w/ Zimbabwe cotton, with pink inseam and selvege line, black battle stripes and black denim." As a general rule, when attempting to make a smart ass statement, it helps to first make sure said statement is smart.
Edited by Ponyboy312 - 3/27/13 at 3:43pmpost #2655 of 35073/27/13 at 5:22pmQuote:
Thank you for the message. I looked at the measurements and they did not look accurate. I had a new employee measure and they were not done quite right. We just re-did the measurements and got them updated. Can you take a look at the measurements again? The fit is the same as BOM004, measurements are very similar but not exact as they are a different production run and different fabric.
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 1 minute ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › White Dinner Jacket/Tuxedo Jacket for Houston wedding 5 minutes ago
- › NWT Thom Browne for Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Grey Burgundy... 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 7 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...