Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 2:34 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Momotaro - Page 177
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2642 of 34293/27/13 at 9:12ampost #2643 of 34293/27/13 at 9:18ampost #2644 of 34293/27/13 at 9:19ampost #2645 of 34293/27/13 at 9:47amThe BiG description says it's only 10 oz in weight: http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=12789&category_id=&manufacturer_id=42&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28&vmcchk=1post #2646 of 34293/27/13 at 9:59ampost #2647 of 34293/27/13 at 10:00ampost #2648 of 34293/27/13 at 10:22ampost #2649 of 34293/27/13 at 10:44amQuote:Originally Posted by Jay-D
Introducing the Momotaro x Blue Owl "Midnight Warrior" Tapered BOM005
Our 5th collaboration with Momotaro features a tapered version of the "Midnight Warrior" design from our first collaboration, the BOM001. It is a creative denim that uses a super dark indigo 15.7oz fabric with black stitching and details that makes the denim look black, yet will fade to a beautiful indigo full of variations and the black battle stripes.
Momotaro x Blue Owl "Midnight Warrior" Tapered 15.7oz Raw Selvedge - Model BOM005
* The "tapered" fit has never been produced by Momotaro. This fit has been borrowed from the Japan Blue line. The fit is slim in the top block, has a medium rise, enough room in the thigh to be comfortable, and begins to taper from the upper thigh all the way to the leg opening.
* 15.7oz sanforized raw selvedge
* Deep blue pure indigo denim using super-dense 6s yarn
* Deer skin patch
* Pink selvedge, pink interior thread - both representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story.
* Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the original folklore story.
* 100% Zimbabwe cotton
* 100% natural cotton thread
* Available in sizes 28-34, 36
* Made in Japan
* Limited to 60 pairs for the first production
More on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2013/03/momotaro-x-blue-owl-midnight-warrior_26.html
Can you make this exact same jean with black denim (in straight leg) for your next collaboration with Momo Vintage Label?
post #2650 of 34293/27/13 at 11:03ampost #2651 of 34293/27/13 at 1:37pmpost #2652 of 34293/27/13 at 2:11pmpost #2653 of 34293/27/13 at 2:21pmpost #2654 of 34293/27/13 at 2:28pm
Other than the two distinctions (straight leg & denim color) it would be the exact same jean.
I know you were just trying to be a smart ass in your comment, but the statement "the exact same jean with black denim (in straight leg)" has greater linguistic economy than "another jean made with 15.7 oz. denim, woven w/ Zimbabwe cotton, with pink inseam and selvege line, black battle stripes and black denim." As a general rule, when attempting to make a smart ass statement, it helps to first make sure said statement is smart.
Edited by Ponyboy312 - 3/27/13 at 3:43pmpost #2655 of 34293/27/13 at 5:22pmQuote:
Thank you for the message. I looked at the measurements and they did not look accurate. I had a new employee measure and they were not done quite right. We just re-did the measurements and got them updated. Can you take a look at the measurements again? The fit is the same as BOM004, measurements are very similar but not exact as they are a different production run and different fabric.
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 4 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 15 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Styleforum x Panta Madder Tie GMTO (official collaboration) 15 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 24 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 32 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 38 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 42 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 43 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015