Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 5:49 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Momotaro - Page 169post #2521 of 35302/11/13 at 7:50pmpost #2522 of 35302/11/13 at 8:10pmQuote:
The fit on the W+H chinos is great, hands down favourite chinos. If you found them at a good price, I say definitely give them a shot, if they work for you, you will not be dsappointed.post #2523 of 35302/12/13 at 5:35ampost #2524 of 35302/12/13 at 5:37ampost #2525 of 35302/12/13 at 9:12ampost #2526 of 35302/12/13 at 9:13ampost #2527 of 35302/12/13 at 12:48pmpost #2528 of 35302/13/13 at 3:33pmpost #2529 of 35302/13/13 at 3:56pmQuote:
The washing procedure consist of washing the fabric with seawater. Afterwards they let them dry in the air. Shrinkage can be expected when washed at higher temperatures (than the allready mentioned seawater), though it won't be much.post #2530 of 35302/14/13 at 4:24am
Okay I'm thinking about finally pulling the trigger on some momo's, but I'm still not sure what fit/size to get. My past experience in raw denim was when I was slightly slimmer and wore a size 32 waist. I foolishly took the nooby advice of buying the smallest size N&F's that I could fit into and ended up in a size 30 Weird Guy indigo/indigo denim. Needless to say after wearing them about 3 times I realized I had made a mistake. The thighs were just agonizingly too small. According to Tate and Yoko the size of the thighs in the 30 WG is 11.5".
A couple questions, first: given that I'm now a size 34 waist and I shouldn't be foolishly trying to slip into some 32's, should I be going for a slim straight fit for my thighs, or would I be able to fit into a tapered straight?
Furthermore, what fits should be TTS and what should I size up in? I like the thigh room the slim straight has, but I really would like some more taper past the knee than those seem to afford - they seem somewhat bootcut.
Also a lot of the sizing seems to be vanity sized - is this mainly to account for shrinkage of unsaforized jeans? It seems like the tapered fit is good for me, but these seem to be vanity sized and I kind of like the vintage and copper label looks better. Are there any plans in the work for a tapered fit in the copper label or vintage label? Maybe I'm too hard to please, but Ideally I'd like a tapered fit without the GTB stripes, the classic leather patch rather than the more simplistic collaboration ones, and a tapered fit.
Finally I should mention I'm quite tall, so I'd need an inseam around 35" ideally, maybe a bit longer if I'm looking for stacking/cuffing.
Let me know what key information I left out of this rambling, and I hope you guys can help me out in all your expertise.post #2531 of 35302/14/13 at 10:15ampost #2532 of 35302/16/13 at 9:08ampost #2533 of 35302/16/13 at 10:35ampost #2534 of 35302/16/13 at 11:26ampost #2535 of 35302/16/13 at 4:43pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 5 seconds ago
- › Nicholas Templeman: A Bespoke Shoemaker 46 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 1 minute ago
- › Raw Ingredient and Mise en Place porn thread. 1 minute ago
- › Colin Kaepernick is an a-hole 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 9 minutes ago
- › Poor Samuelsohn suit alteration? 10 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 10 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...