Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 9:32 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & Hide
Last edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Momotaro - Page 169post #2521 of 35062/11/13 at 7:50pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2522 of 35062/11/13 at 8:10pmQuote:
The fit on the W+H chinos is great, hands down favourite chinos. If you found them at a good price, I say definitely give them a shot, if they work for you, you will not be dsappointed.post #2523 of 35062/12/13 at 5:35ampost #2524 of 35062/12/13 at 5:37ampost #2525 of 35062/12/13 at 9:12ampost #2526 of 35062/12/13 at 9:13ampost #2527 of 35062/12/13 at 12:48pmpost #2528 of 35062/13/13 at 3:33pmpost #2529 of 35062/13/13 at 3:56pmQuote:
The washing procedure consist of washing the fabric with seawater. Afterwards they let them dry in the air. Shrinkage can be expected when washed at higher temperatures (than the allready mentioned seawater), though it won't be much.post #2530 of 35062/14/13 at 4:24am
Okay I'm thinking about finally pulling the trigger on some momo's, but I'm still not sure what fit/size to get. My past experience in raw denim was when I was slightly slimmer and wore a size 32 waist. I foolishly took the nooby advice of buying the smallest size N&F's that I could fit into and ended up in a size 30 Weird Guy indigo/indigo denim. Needless to say after wearing them about 3 times I realized I had made a mistake. The thighs were just agonizingly too small. According to Tate and Yoko the size of the thighs in the 30 WG is 11.5".
A couple questions, first: given that I'm now a size 34 waist and I shouldn't be foolishly trying to slip into some 32's, should I be going for a slim straight fit for my thighs, or would I be able to fit into a tapered straight?
Furthermore, what fits should be TTS and what should I size up in? I like the thigh room the slim straight has, but I really would like some more taper past the knee than those seem to afford - they seem somewhat bootcut.
Also a lot of the sizing seems to be vanity sized - is this mainly to account for shrinkage of unsaforized jeans? It seems like the tapered fit is good for me, but these seem to be vanity sized and I kind of like the vintage and copper label looks better. Are there any plans in the work for a tapered fit in the copper label or vintage label? Maybe I'm too hard to please, but Ideally I'd like a tapered fit without the GTB stripes, the classic leather patch rather than the more simplistic collaboration ones, and a tapered fit.
Finally I should mention I'm quite tall, so I'd need an inseam around 35" ideally, maybe a bit longer if I'm looking for stacking/cuffing.
Let me know what key information I left out of this rambling, and I hope you guys can help me out in all your expertise.post #2531 of 35062/14/13 at 10:15ampost #2532 of 35062/16/13 at 9:08ampost #2533 of 35062/16/13 at 10:35ampost #2534 of 35062/16/13 at 11:26am
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 second ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's... 2 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 7 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 11 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 12 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...