Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 5:21 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Momotaro - Page 169post #2521 of 34242/11/13 at 7:50pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2522 of 34242/11/13 at 8:10pmQuote:
The fit on the W+H chinos is great, hands down favourite chinos. If you found them at a good price, I say definitely give them a shot, if they work for you, you will not be dsappointed.post #2523 of 34242/12/13 at 5:35ampost #2524 of 34242/12/13 at 5:37ampost #2525 of 34242/12/13 at 9:12ampost #2526 of 34242/12/13 at 9:13ampost #2527 of 34242/12/13 at 12:48pmpost #2528 of 34242/13/13 at 3:33pmpost #2529 of 34242/13/13 at 3:56pmQuote:
The washing procedure consist of washing the fabric with seawater. Afterwards they let them dry in the air. Shrinkage can be expected when washed at higher temperatures (than the allready mentioned seawater), though it won't be much.post #2530 of 34242/14/13 at 4:24am
Okay I'm thinking about finally pulling the trigger on some momo's, but I'm still not sure what fit/size to get. My past experience in raw denim was when I was slightly slimmer and wore a size 32 waist. I foolishly took the nooby advice of buying the smallest size N&F's that I could fit into and ended up in a size 30 Weird Guy indigo/indigo denim. Needless to say after wearing them about 3 times I realized I had made a mistake. The thighs were just agonizingly too small. According to Tate and Yoko the size of the thighs in the 30 WG is 11.5".
A couple questions, first: given that I'm now a size 34 waist and I shouldn't be foolishly trying to slip into some 32's, should I be going for a slim straight fit for my thighs, or would I be able to fit into a tapered straight?
Furthermore, what fits should be TTS and what should I size up in? I like the thigh room the slim straight has, but I really would like some more taper past the knee than those seem to afford - they seem somewhat bootcut.
Also a lot of the sizing seems to be vanity sized - is this mainly to account for shrinkage of unsaforized jeans? It seems like the tapered fit is good for me, but these seem to be vanity sized and I kind of like the vintage and copper label looks better. Are there any plans in the work for a tapered fit in the copper label or vintage label? Maybe I'm too hard to please, but Ideally I'd like a tapered fit without the GTB stripes, the classic leather patch rather than the more simplistic collaboration ones, and a tapered fit.
Finally I should mention I'm quite tall, so I'd need an inseam around 35" ideally, maybe a bit longer if I'm looking for stacking/cuffing.
Let me know what key information I left out of this rambling, and I hope you guys can help me out in all your expertise.post #2531 of 34242/14/13 at 10:15ampost #2532 of 34242/16/13 at 9:08ampost #2533 of 34242/16/13 at 10:35ampost #2534 of 34242/16/13 at 11:26am
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 16 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 23 seconds ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Can anyone tell me what jacket this is? 3 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 8 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 10 minutes ago
- › need a good vest, and some shirts 11 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...