Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 2:37 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Momotaro - Page 167post #2491 of 35302/10/13 at 4:10ampost #2492 of 35302/10/13 at 6:06amQuote:
I went TTS and wore them while they were drying after a hot soak. Ended up having them shrink only a little bit and they've stretched back since. If you look at the BOM001 page Jay-D found the same thing happen with his test pair: http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7932000.post #2493 of 35302/10/13 at 8:01ampost #2494 of 35302/10/13 at 10:25ampost #2495 of 35302/10/13 at 10:29am
Yes - Jay chainstitched them for me upon purchase.
"Bucks" are essentially plain-toe bluchers, most often in suede. @dustruffle, they're actually the Nordstrom house brand from a few years ago, before they converted to the "1901" moniker. My wife bought them for me before I got into SF, but they've held up very well in retrospect.post #2496 of 35302/10/13 at 1:38pmpost #2497 of 35302/10/13 at 3:23pmQuote:
He's on that next level shit.post #2498 of 35302/10/13 at 3:37pmQuote:
Ok ok, I probably misspoke. "I don't care jeans".... I'm not quite that baller.
I just meant to say that I have had a few pairs of raws in the past, and have never been able to coax out great fades through my normal routine. I bought this pair as more of an "experiment" to see what could happen if I didn't baby my denim so much. I didn't intend to beat them into the ground, and they're still completely intact structurally, but after the first 6 hours of digging irrigation in Las Vegas soil, in early summer, it became much easier to say "whatever" and throw these on when I knew there was a chance of getting dirty or roughed up.
Hence, jumping in pools with friends while wearing them (lots of chemicals here, at least), more labor (sprinkler systems, crushing rock, etc - to even just mowing the yard and helping my mom with gardening), a few imprompteu soccer matches, etc.
Normally w/ my other jeans, it's just work/school/home repeat, so I wanted to see what would happen.
I'm not really that baller.post #2499 of 35302/10/13 at 3:51pmpost #2500 of 35302/10/13 at 5:47pmpost #2501 of 35302/10/13 at 6:34pmpost #2502 of 35302/10/13 at 7:07pmpost #2503 of 35302/11/13 at 12:48pmpost #2504 of 35302/11/13 at 2:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Broark
Pretty bummed about my Blue Owl x Japan Blue x Momotaro Going To Battle chinos not fitting. The rise was just too low and I can only get the bottom two buttons buttoned. They're reeeeally skinny too. Think I'm going to return them and maybe get some 701s or 201s. Not sure yet.
Did you go TTS or size up? Per Jay's reccomendation I sized up one, and though they are still pretty damn slim, they fit me well. Mine are brekaing in pretty nicely too.post #2505 of 35302/11/13 at 2:19pm
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Unhappy Bespoke Experience Review 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › Offical Barbour Thread 1 minute ago
- › NFL 2016-17 Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 10 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Dress in Academia 11 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 12 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 14 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...