Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 4:06 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Momotaro - Page 167post #2491 of 34232/10/13 at 4:10am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2492 of 34232/10/13 at 6:06amQuote:
I went TTS and wore them while they were drying after a hot soak. Ended up having them shrink only a little bit and they've stretched back since. If you look at the BOM001 page Jay-D found the same thing happen with his test pair: http://blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB_Bridge3.dll?VBPROG=\bin\shop.prodt.detail&SKU=7932000.post #2493 of 34232/10/13 at 8:01ampost #2494 of 34232/10/13 at 10:25ampost #2495 of 34232/10/13 at 10:29am
Yes - Jay chainstitched them for me upon purchase.
"Bucks" are essentially plain-toe bluchers, most often in suede. @dustruffle, they're actually the Nordstrom house brand from a few years ago, before they converted to the "1901" moniker. My wife bought them for me before I got into SF, but they've held up very well in retrospect.post #2496 of 34232/10/13 at 1:38pmpost #2497 of 34232/10/13 at 3:23pmQuote:
He's on that next level shit.post #2498 of 34232/10/13 at 3:37pmQuote:
Ok ok, I probably misspoke. "I don't care jeans".... I'm not quite that baller.
I just meant to say that I have had a few pairs of raws in the past, and have never been able to coax out great fades through my normal routine. I bought this pair as more of an "experiment" to see what could happen if I didn't baby my denim so much. I didn't intend to beat them into the ground, and they're still completely intact structurally, but after the first 6 hours of digging irrigation in Las Vegas soil, in early summer, it became much easier to say "whatever" and throw these on when I knew there was a chance of getting dirty or roughed up.
Hence, jumping in pools with friends while wearing them (lots of chemicals here, at least), more labor (sprinkler systems, crushing rock, etc - to even just mowing the yard and helping my mom with gardening), a few imprompteu soccer matches, etc.
Normally w/ my other jeans, it's just work/school/home repeat, so I wanted to see what would happen.
I'm not really that baller.post #2499 of 34232/10/13 at 3:51pmpost #2500 of 34232/10/13 at 5:47pmpost #2501 of 34232/10/13 at 6:34pmpost #2502 of 34232/10/13 at 7:07pmpost #2503 of 34232/11/13 at 12:48pmpost #2504 of 34232/11/13 at 2:06pmQuote:Originally Posted by Broark
Pretty bummed about my Blue Owl x Japan Blue x Momotaro Going To Battle chinos not fitting. The rise was just too low and I can only get the bottom two buttons buttoned. They're reeeeally skinny too. Think I'm going to return them and maybe get some 701s or 201s. Not sure yet.
Did you go TTS or size up? Per Jay's reccomendation I sized up one, and though they are still pretty damn slim, they fit me well. Mine are brekaing in pretty nicely too.post #2505 of 34232/11/13 at 2:19pm
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 13 seconds ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 37 seconds ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › FS Pocket Squares!!! The Hill Side, General Knot, Mark Mcnairy 1 minute ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 2 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Ralph Lauren Sale? 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan