or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Momotaro - Page 163

post #2431 of 3370
Just remember that I ordered a 702 (not a 701) which is sanforized. Regarding this it is supposed to shrink only by 0.5 inch.
Momotaro on FB told be that the 702 is able to stretch out to 0.75 inch.
Regarding that the tag32 which is measured as a W33 will evolve between W32.5 and W33.75. Since I am a 33 I just thought it would be ok.

Now concerning the JB0101 it is supposed to have the same cut as the JB0102 that I tried today in tag31 and tag33. The tag31 was way to small and the 33 way to loose. I just assumed the tag32 would be perfect.

To my eyes it makes sense but of course I could be completely wrong and I won't be ashamed to admit it here when I will receive them smile.gif !

Regarding the tight measurement, this is not really an issue for me since I really have thin thight. The worst thing that could happen is that it would be a bit too loose around them. My main pb in jeans sizing has always been the waist.

Anyway, I would really highlight the fact that I really appreciate your help and advices and I really take them into account among all the information I gathered on the web nod[1].gif
post #2432 of 3370

Got a new pair of 0705sp in 28 for sale, 250 shipped, check my thead thanks

post #2433 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexet View Post

Just remember that I ordered a 702 (not a 701) which is sanforized. Regarding this it is supposed to shrink only by 0.5 inch.
Momotaro on FB told be that the 702 is able to stretch out to 0.75 inch.
Regarding that the tag32 which is measured as a W33 will evolve between W32.5 and W33.75. Since I am a 33 I just thought it would be ok.

Now concerning the JB0101 it is supposed to have the same cut as the JB0102 that I tried today in tag31 and tag33. The tag31 was way to small and the 33 way to loose. I just assumed the tag32 would be perfect.

To my eyes it makes sense but of course I could be completely wrong and I won't be ashamed to admit it here when I will receive them smile.gif !

Regarding the tight measurement, this is not really an issue for me since I really have thin thight. The worst thing that could happen is that it would be a bit too loose around them. My main pb in jeans sizing has always been the waist.

Anyway, I would really highlight the fact that I really appreciate your help and advices and I really take them into account among all the information I gathered on the web nod[1].gif

While Jay's (BlueOwl) sizing is spot on, I found that the 0702 runs a tad smaller than the raw 0701's, I can fit a pair of 28's of them, though I couldn't even line up the button fly in the same size 0702's. Be warned, Momotaro's are a bitch to stretch. I advise to go TTS in the Tight Straight models.
post #2434 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post

While Jay's (BlueOwl) sizing is spot on, I found that the 0702 runs a tad smaller than the raw 0701's, I can fit a pair of 28's of them, though I couldn't even line up the button fly in the same size 0702's. Be warned, Momotaro's are a bitch to stretch. I advise to go TTS in the Tight Straight models.
Thank you Mistral for your advice. It is really hard to decide.
Just to be sure I understand well, when you say "going TTS", does it mean:
- the tag should match my waist or
- the measured waist related to the tag should match my waist

According to Jay, the tag32 should be fine with me but of course I know it is just a guess.
post #2435 of 3370
i'm gonna email needsupply too, but anyone know what model number these are? 401s?

http://needsupply.com/mens/brands/momotaro-jeans-by-japan-blue/tapered-vintage-straight.html
post #2436 of 3370
Should rename the thread to, "Argentino needs to prove himself to feel like a man thread"

Come at me brah
post #2437 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

Should rename the thread to, "Argentino needs to prove himself to feel like a man thread"

Come at me brah

Touché, amigo smile.gif
post #2438 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexet View Post

Thank you Mistral for your advice. It is really hard to decide.
Just to be sure I understand well, when you say "going TTS", does it mean:
- the tag should match my waist or
- the measured waist related to the tag should match my waist



According to Jay, the tag32 should be fine with me but of course I know it is just a guess.

TTS means that you take your own waist size as tagged. So if your waist measures 32", you take a tag 32. This often is done when measurements of a certain pair of jeans are close to what the tagsize implies, e.g. not vanity sized.
post #2439 of 3370
Ok I understand well smile.gif !
I'm gonna share your recommandation with Jay to see what he thinks about it.
Thank you again for you help Mistral !
Edited by rexet - 1/27/13 at 11:37am
post #2440 of 3370

of interest.

 

http://bit.ly/YalXKw

post #2441 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusttruffle View Post

of interest.

http://bit.ly/YalXKw
they don't provide greencast denim outside of europe!?!!!!!!!!!!!1
post #2442 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by TyCooN View Post

they don't provide greencast denim outside of europe!?!!!!!!!!!!!1

I just listed a pair of ER007-MB in size 31 to b/s/t if you're interested: http://www.styleforum.net/t/333752/momotaro-europe-label-er007-mb-31x35#post_6089867
post #2443 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparhawkJC View Post

I just listed a pair of ER007-MB in size 31 to b/s/t if you're interested: http://www.styleforum.net/t/333752/momotaro-europe-label-er007-mb-31x35#post_6089867
It looks great, but it's too big for me.

Do you know of any sites that sell greencast taros and ships to the US?eh.gif
post #2444 of 3370
Notsureifsrs....

Blueowl and Tate+yoko


edit: nm you meant actual green cast, thought you meant the grand indigo
Edited by TooAwesome - 1/29/13 at 7:06pm
post #2445 of 3370

have some recent pictures of my JB101 up on Sufu

didn't want to cross post

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/20098-japan-blue-momotaro/page__st__2490

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro