Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Momotaro - Page 154
Styleforum Top Picks
Hey guys, I talked to Jay about this yesterday when I went in to Blue Owl, but I was wondering what you guys thought of this idea as well.
Instead of painting on battle stripes, have the stripes be made out of a thick fabric and sewn on to the pocket. Furthermore, instead of having the stripes on the outside, have them on the inside of the back pocket. This way the battle stripes would only become visible after the jeans get some wear. I think this would be a cool feature for a future blue owl x momo collab.
(I'm kind of wondering whether I can do this to my jb401s myself...)
I allready mentioned this in the BO affiliate thread.
I'm about a year into my exposure to raw denim now and have just two pair so far --- one pair of Nudies (my first) and a pair of Raleigh's. I'd like to get a pair of Momotaro's as my next pair and thinking about the following:
- Grand Indigo's
- Deep Indigo's
The first two would be different from what I have as there'd be no contrast stitching and the warp and weft both being dark. The 701 is more traditional but might be a good introduction to Momo's before venturing into other varying styles. One reason I selected the above three is the Blue Owl measurements shown for each as they approximate what I think would be a good fit for me. Some of the BOM collaborations are really nice but have a too tapered/skinny look for me (make my legs look skinnier than they are).
Any suggestions or opinions on each of the above to assist in helping me choose would be appreciated.
This. The 701 will be around for many years to come. As are many other "traditional" denims. Venture into something different.
Too true. I think you've helped me decide. As you say, I can always get the 701 later on if I want. Thanks guys.
You guys crack me up! Sounds like a cult worth joining. The 702s are definitely one of the top three now. What do you guys think of the Blue Owl/Momotaro "silk/Zimbabwe" BOM004? Walking around feeling like silk sheets are wrapped around your legs sounds wonderful! Also, does anybody have the Grand Indigo? Thoughts on that one?
Yes. They are a fantastic pair of denim. After enough wear they become silky smooth and have a great greasy look to them. Fading takes a while, and they don't stretch out near as much as other labels. But they are phenomenal and well worth the money.
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 57 seconds ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 2 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 3 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 3 minutes ago
- › Can I get some help deciding between these 3 pairs of shoes? 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 4 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...