Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 11:29 am in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Momotaro - Page 154
Styleforum Top Pickspost #2297 of 342412/31/12 at 3:41amQuote:Originally Posted by lobstertainment
Hey guys, I talked to Jay about this yesterday when I went in to Blue Owl, but I was wondering what you guys thought of this idea as well.
Instead of painting on battle stripes, have the stripes be made out of a thick fabric and sewn on to the pocket. Furthermore, instead of having the stripes on the outside, have them on the inside of the back pocket. This way the battle stripes would only become visible after the jeans get some wear. I think this would be a cool feature for a future blue owl x momo collab.
(I'm kind of wondering whether I can do this to my jb401s myself...)
I allready mentioned this in the BO affiliate thread.post #2298 of 342412/31/12 at 10:36ampost #2299 of 34241/1/13 at 2:49pm
I'm about a year into my exposure to raw denim now and have just two pair so far --- one pair of Nudies (my first) and a pair of Raleigh's. I'd like to get a pair of Momotaro's as my next pair and thinking about the following:
- Grand Indigo's
- Deep Indigo's
The first two would be different from what I have as there'd be no contrast stitching and the warp and weft both being dark. The 701 is more traditional but might be a good introduction to Momo's before venturing into other varying styles. One reason I selected the above three is the Blue Owl measurements shown for each as they approximate what I think would be a good fit for me. Some of the BOM collaborations are really nice but have a too tapered/skinny look for me (make my legs look skinnier than they are).
Any suggestions or opinions on each of the above to assist in helping me choose would be appreciated.post #2300 of 34241/1/13 at 2:58pmpost #2301 of 34241/1/13 at 3:28pmQuote:
This. The 701 will be around for many years to come. As are many other "traditional" denims. Venture into something different.post #2302 of 34241/1/13 at 3:47pmQuote:Quote:
Too true. I think you've helped me decide. As you say, I can always get the 701 later on if I want. Thanks guys.post #2303 of 34241/1/13 at 8:21pmpost #2304 of 34241/1/13 at 8:44pmpost #2305 of 34241/1/13 at 10:56pmpost #2306 of 34241/2/13 at 11:17amQuote:
You guys crack me up! Sounds like a cult worth joining. The 702s are definitely one of the top three now. What do you guys think of the Blue Owl/Momotaro "silk/Zimbabwe" BOM004? Walking around feeling like silk sheets are wrapped around your legs sounds wonderful! Also, does anybody have the Grand Indigo? Thoughts on that one?post #2307 of 34241/2/13 at 12:27pmQuote:
Yes. They are a fantastic pair of denim. After enough wear they become silky smooth and have a great greasy look to them. Fading takes a while, and they don't stretch out near as much as other labels. But they are phenomenal and well worth the money.post #2308 of 34241/2/13 at 2:31pmpost #2309 of 34241/6/13 at 3:19pm
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 32 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 55 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 58 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Seconds - Salvagable? 4 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 8 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...