or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Momotaro - Page 140

post #2086 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post

hopefully getting the top button on within the next day or 2 foo.gif

Top button officially on, next step: re-gain circulation in my balls.
post #2087 of 3315

Just got my 0705sp's in the mail today - god damn these are like feather soft compared to my 0701 experience! Went with a size 29, got 'em buttoned all the way up, gonna go take the dog for a walk and break these bad boys in biggrin.gif

post #2088 of 3315
Regarding 701 measurements, can someone explain the difference between Jay's and BIG's? The waist and thigh in particular seem inconsistent.

I'm trying to find my size, and the only reference point I can offer are my APC NS tagged 30 measuring 33.5 waist 10.75 rise 11 u/t, in which I could use another 0.5-1.0 inches in both the waist and thigh. Given that, if Jay's measurements are correct I'd take a 33, and if BIG's measurements are correct I'd take a 32. Any ideas?
post #2089 of 3315
I can't speak to BiG, but I've ordered several pairs of jeans from Jay and have always found his measurements to be spot on.

If your size 30 APC NS (after stretching) are too tight, IMO you'll need at least a 33 in the raw 701...maybe even 34. Keep in mind, unlike APC, the Momo denim stretches very little.
post #2090 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by cturner View Post

Regarding 701 measurements, can someone explain the difference between Jay's and BIG's? The waist and thigh in particular seem inconsistent.
I'm trying to find my size, and the only reference point I can offer are my APC NS tagged 30 measuring 33.5 waist 10.75 rise 11 u/t, in which I could use another 0.5-1.0 inches in both the waist and thigh. Given that, if Jay's measurements are correct I'd take a 33, and if BIG's measurements are correct I'd take a 32. Any ideas?

Each Momotaro run will have slightly different measurements. We can always measure exact inventory to provide measurements of our current stock. Our posted measurements are accurate, but every denim will vary slightly and it does not hurt to double check. Just e-mail us when you are ready to order and we will e-mail measurements and let you choose the best pair based on measurements.

BIG uses a similar measuring system, so I am not sure why their measurements are so different. But I will say we try to keep our measurements accurate to our current stock. With every large shipment we receive, we update our posted measurements.
post #2091 of 3315
Introducing a new denim to the Japan Blue line up - - Japan Blue 12.5oz "African Cotton " Tapered


Introducing a new denim to the Japan Blue line up, the "African Cotton" tapered denim JB0404. This denim features a 12.5oz selvedge made with African cotton that is rope dyed in pure indigo. The African cotton has a beige color and the denim will fade to light beige with consistent wear. This type of cotton becomes very soft with wear and the weight and color is great for year round wear. This fabric is only offered in the tapered fit.

Japan Blue 12.5oz "African Cotton" Tapered Raw Selvedge Denim - Model JB0404
* 12.5oz sanforized raw selvedge denim fabric
* Rope dyed indigo
* Japan Blue custom engraved antique gold finish buttons
* Button fly
* Antique gold rivets
* Japan Blue logo stanp on interior pocket bag
* Hidden coin pocket selvedge
* Natural eather patch
* Red & white selvedge
* Blue interior inseam thread
* 100% cotton
* Available in sizes 28-34, 36
* Made in Japan



Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7666000

More on our recent blog post:http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/11/japan-blue-125oz-african-cotton-tapered.html
post #2092 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-D View Post

Introducing a new denim to the Japan Blue line up - - Japan Blue 12.5oz "African Cotton " Tapered


Introducing a new denim to the Japan Blue line up, the "African Cotton" tapered denim JB0404. This denim features a 12.5oz selvedge made with African cotton that is rope dyed in pure indigo. The African cotton has a beige color and the denim will fade to light beige with consistent wear. This type of cotton becomes very soft with wear and the weight and color is great for year round wear. This fabric is only offered in the tapered fit.
Japan Blue 12.5oz "African Cotton" Tapered Raw Selvedge Denim - Model JB0404
* 12.5oz sanforized raw selvedge denim fabric
* Rope dyed indigo
* Japan Blue custom engraved antique gold finish buttons
* Button fly
* Antique gold rivets
* Japan Blue logo stanp on interior pocket bag
* Hidden coin pocket selvedge
* Natural eather patch
* Red & white selvedge
* Blue interior inseam thread
* 100% cotton
* Available in sizes 28-34, 36
* Made in Japan



Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7666000
More on our recent blog post:http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/11/japan-blue-125oz-african-cotton-tapered.html

 

Interesting. 

post #2093 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by malikadog View Post

Just got my 0705sp's in the mail today - god damn these are like feather soft compared to my 0701 experience! Went with a size 29, got 'em buttoned all the way up, gonna go take the dog for a walk and break these bad boys in biggrin.gif

Great jeans huh?Haven't taken mine off since I got'em.
post #2094 of 3315

JB0101 In direct sunlight yesterday and today on my walk to class

 

700700

and a fit pic x post SuFu

 

700

post #2095 of 3315

Momotaro Grand Indigo ER007-2B. Worn everyday for 2 months. I've taken a break from them as I am working on a pair of N&F x Oni.

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

1000

 

post #2096 of 3315
^ Looks great!
post #2097 of 3315

This might be a bit too general of a question but what would a good "intro to Momotaro" jean be?  I've been rocking my Rogue Territory Stantons and love the fit and was curious as to what a comparable cut would be.  The denim quality looks awesome and the fades look great, plus I'm going to Singapore in December and it seems like a few places carry Momotaro there.  I can't seem to find any place in Austin, Texas that sells 'em.

post #2098 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broark View Post

This might be a bit too general of a question but what would a good "intro to Momotaro" jean be?  I've been rocking my Rogue Territory Stantons and love the fit and was curious as to what a comparable cut would be.  The denim quality looks awesome and the fades look great, plus I'm going to Singapore in December and it seems like a few places carry Momotaro there.  I can't seem to find any place in Austin, Texas that sells 'em.

"Intro to Momotaro" laugh.gif

Most people first experience a 70x (last digit designates denim used and other variables) cut, classified as a "tight straight." It's universally appealing, well proportioned, and fits just about anybody well assuming sizing is correct. It is the most readily available cut in the US. A slightly more "slim straight" cut is the 20x. This will have more room in the thigh.

The 701 or 201 will both get you the same denim in one of these two most popular cuts.

The 90x is more rare in the US. It's one of the fullest cuts available. The 40x is a tapered cut, a bit more generous in the thigh and seat, and then coming way in on the leg opening. In addition, Blue Owl (SF-affiliate & vendor) offers a true "skinny" cut. I'm not sure of the numeric designation on that, but it's the slimmest possible offering by Momotaro. I'm sure others are available of which I'm not currently aware.

For a no-frills start, I would suggest the 701 or 705 (same denim, w/ battle stripes). 705 will be sanforized, so don't have to worry about initial shrinkage. It all depends on what you're looking for.

I would highly suggest contacting user Jay-D (owner/operator of Blue Owl, based near Seattle) and consulting the best fit for you based on your own measurements. His service is second-to-none.

Best of luck, and welcome to the club. You won't be disappointed.
post #2099 of 3315
^ Perfect reply.

Contact Jay and he'll hook you up.
post #2100 of 3315
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post


"Intro to Momotaro" laugh.gif
Most people first experience a 70x (last digit designates denim used and other variables) cut, classified as a "tight straight." It's universally appealing, well proportioned, and fits just about anybody well assuming sizing is correct. It is the most readily available cut in the US. A slightly more "slim straight" cut is the 20x. This will have more room in the thigh.
The 701 or 201 will both get you the same denim in one of these two most popular cuts.
The 90x is more rare in the US. It's one of the fullest cuts available. The 40x is a tapered cut, a bit more generous in the thigh and seat, and then coming way in on the leg opening. In addition, Blue Owl (SF-affiliate & vendor) offers a true "skinny" cut. I'm not sure of the numeric designation on that, but it's the slimmest possible offering by Momotaro. I'm sure others are available of which I'm not currently aware.
For a no-frills start, I would suggest the 701 or 705 (same denim, w/ battle stripes). 705 will be sanforized, so don't have to worry about initial shrinkage. It all depends on what you're looking for.
I would highly suggest contacting user Jay-D (owner/operator of Blue Owl, based near Seattle) and consulting the best fit for you based on your own measurements. His service is second-to-none.
Best of luck, and welcome to the club. You won't be disappointed.

Thanks for the awesome reply!  I've been doing a little bit of looking at the measurements on Blue Owl and I think I'm going to shoot Jay a message and see what he has to say.  

The measurements for my size in the Rogue Territory Stantons look an awful lot like the measurements for the 701 (slightly bigger in the knee, but that's it) but I've yet to venture into the shrink-to-fit territory.  It looks like the 201 might be a bit too big in the thigh for my taste, but that's just looking at measurements.

Also the Copper Label G017-MBs look great, but they are washed once and not technically raw correct?

I'll see what Jay has to say and I'm looking forward to it.  My wallet is going to hate me.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro