or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Momotaro - Page 133

post #1981 of 3354
There will be no extra cash. The money from the buy-in is used to buy the giftcard, more people join = higher giftcard value. We are not pocketing anything you joos.
post #1982 of 3354
Quote:
Originally Posted by itbegins View Post

so where/who does the extra buy-in cash go to?

10 entries at 10 dollars buys a $100 dollar gift card to Blue Owl.
post #1983 of 3354
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSmythe View Post

The winner I assume.
Contest looks very interesting but unfortunately I'm still breaking in a pair of 0201s. Does anyone know of another fit of Momos (preferably dyed weft) that has a thigh at least as wide as the 0201?
 

 

0202.

 

cut of 0201 fabric of 0702

post #1984 of 3354
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusttruffle View Post

0202.

cut of 0201 fabric of 0702

Yup. You could probably do a special order through Jay, or track them down on Rakuten
post #1985 of 3354
Would buy 0902 if it existed
post #1986 of 3354
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

you joos.

confused.gif
post #1987 of 3354
Quote:
Originally Posted by meso View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

you joos.

confused.gif

Sup brah, I was just playing. smile.gif

Go join the contest!!!!
post #1988 of 3354
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSmythe View Post

The winner I assume.
Contest looks very interesting but unfortunately I'm still breaking in a pair of 0201s. Does anyone know of another fit of Momos (preferably dyed weft) that has a thigh at least as wide as the 0201?

0202, available via special order @ Blue Owl, I guess. Jay can probably arrange it for you.

Same fit as 0201, featuring the dyed weft, the 0702 also has.
post #1989 of 3354

700

 

The color on the ER007-2Bs is amazing. They appear a little bit darker in just incandescent light. Haven't seen them in natural light yet. Great fit too. Just got them from Jay at Blue Owl. Time to break these in. 

post #1990 of 3354
Just got my first pair of Momotaro in the mail - 0701s. I've had raw denim before, but these are beastly! My wast is 29.5, and I got a size 28 (only size left for a great price on Revolve). I can get 'em buttoned up barely, but their definitely gonna have to stretch in the top block if I want children someday. I usually don't soak my denim, and I was hoping I could go that route with these, cuz if they got soaked, there's no way they'd fit. I'm planning to just wear them as much as I can and not wash them for a long, long time. Any ideas as to how much stretch I can expect? I'm pretty damn active lots of walking, skating, etc. Basically I just really wanna keep these and make 'them work for me, and any help would be much appreciated.
post #1991 of 3354
I'd wait to hear from others who wear their jeans super tight but I wouldn't take the tags off. Momotaros are known for having very little stretch
post #1992 of 3354
Quote:
Originally Posted by malikadog View Post

Just got my first pair of Momotaro in the mail - 0701s. I've had raw denim before, but these are beastly! My wast is 29.5, and I got a size 28 (only size left for a great price on Revolve). I can get 'em buttoned up barely, but their definitely gonna have to stretch in the top block if I want children someday. I usually don't soak my denim, and I was hoping I could go that route with these, cuz if they got soaked, there's no way they'd fit. I'm planning to just wear them as much as I can and not wash them for a long, long time. Any ideas as to how much stretch I can expect? I'm pretty damn active lots of walking, skating, etc. Basically I just really wanna keep these and make 'them work for me, and any help would be much appreciated.

If they're an unsanforized 701, you're out of luck. Return them. They will never be big enough for you. They may stretch a tad, but will shrink down dramatically when washed, soaked, etc. They are notoriously resilient denim and won't stretch a ton.

Return them, save your money, and buy a size that works. It will cost less money that way than having to flip a pair once they're washed after being beat up and then buy new.
post #1993 of 3354

That or sell them to me!  Yeah I wouldn't suggest not soaking them, listen to Arg. he knows his shit.

No but on the reals PM me

post #1994 of 3354
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

If they're an unsanforized 701, you're out of luck. Return them. They will never be big enough for you. They may stretch a tad, but will shrink down dramatically when washed, soaked, etc. They are notoriously resilient denim and won't stretch a ton.
Return them, save your money, and buy a size that works. It will cost less money that way than having to flip a pair once they're washed after being beat up and then buy new.

I'm in the same boat as he. It worked for me, though. Don't forget that after the denim is washed/soaked, the fabric get's really soft and more comfortable. I'd recommend wearing the raw for a long time and a shower soak/wash when the time is there.
post #1995 of 3354
Unless you have a super small penor, you are going to be in pain. Trust me.

I had this mentality with Glow in the dark Naked and Famous jeans in a size 32 when I wear a 33. I wore them but then I realized they weren't stretching and my penor was always uncomfortable. Now I am trying to sell them and no one is interested in buying. What makes it worse is that I paid msrp and I could have sized up.

Return them, your penor will thank you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro