or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Momotaro - Page 129

post #1921 of 3316
Introducing Momotaro x Blue Owl collbaboration BOM004


Introducing the Momotaro x Blue Owl BOM004 collaboration denim. With our 4th collaboration we wanted something that has a luxury feel and ultimate comfort; and to introduce a new fit for the Momotaro label - tapered. What we created was a fabric using 100% Zimbabwe cotton for the warp threads and 100% silk on the weft. The result is a fabric that has an incredible soft interior giving the luxury feel and comfort and and exterior surface with good amount of slub and beautiful medium dark indigo color. The "tapered" fit is a great addition and we already have plans to expand the fit with future collaborations. This collaboration was limited to only 40 pairs.

Momotaro x Blue Owl "Silk + Zimbabwe" Tapered 13oz Raw Selvedge - Model BOM004
* 13oz sanforized raw selvedge (expect minimal shrinkage)
* Deer skin patch
* 5oz indigo chambray pocket bags
* Hidden back pocket rivets
* Stitching of peach logo on back right pocket
* Copper rivets and buttons all engraved with Momotaro logos
* Pink interior thread - representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story.
* 60% Zimbabwe cotton, 40% silk
* 100% natural cotton thread
* Available in sizes 29-34, 36
* Made in Japan
* Only 40 pairs have been produced



Link: http://www.blueowl.us/scripts/psp/VB...il&SKU=7750000


The fabric is a 13oz sanforized selvedge made with a blend of silk for the weft yarns and Zimbabwe cotton on the warp. The Zimbabwe cotton is rope dyed in pure indigo to a super dark color, but the actual color has a blue gray tone as the silk can be seen along the surface. The exterior surface has slubby texture and a soft feel with a touch of crispness. The interior is incredibly soft, like wearing silk bed sheets wrapped around your legs. Bottom line, this denim is pure luxury, plus it will fade well as the dark indigo will give a nice contrast after some wear. One other addition is the pink selvedge along the inseam, a signature of the Momotaro label.


The "tapered" fit has never been produced by Momotaro. This fit has been borrowed from the Japan Blue line. The fit is slim in the top block, has a medium rise, enough room in the thigh to be comfortable, and begins to taper from the upper thigh all the way to the leg opening. BOM005 is being finalized now and it will also use the tapered fit.

More on our recent blog post: http://blueowlworkshop.blogspot.com/2012/11/momotaro-x-blue-owl-silk-zimbabwe.html
post #1922 of 3316
^^^ looks great! What do you have in store for the BOM005?
post #1923 of 3316
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolero View Post

^^^ looks great! What do you have in store for the BOM005?

We are looking to bring back the Midnight Warrior design with a tapered fit. Still in the works, but should be final soon.
post #1924 of 3316

Agh debating whether or not I should join the 0702 contest...haven't worn them yet and just sent them out to Railcar for some tapering and hemming (bought from Revolve for 140!!)

post #1925 of 3316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-D View Post


We are looking to bring back the Midnight Warrior design with a tapered fit. Still in the works, but should be final soon.


Oh dear...Midnight Warrior in tapered fit - I must resist.

post #1926 of 3316
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterymeatpete View Post

Agh debating whether or not I should join the 0702 contest...haven't worn them yet and just sent them out to Railcar for some tapering and hemming (bought from Revolve for 140!!)

dang are you serious, 140 USD?!?!?!

Will Railcar undue the inside or outside of the leg to taper the leg, if the inside will they be able to reuse the pink thread?

You should join, have you seen the prizes?
post #1927 of 3316
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post


dang are you serious, 140 USD?!?!?!
Will Railcar undue the inside or outside of the leg to taper the leg, if the inside will they be able to reuse the pink thread?
You should join, have you seen the prizes?

Yea it was crazy (and a note to the smaller people- you can get a pair of size 28 0701s right now for 140 too). They had one pair that just so happened to be my size which was priced down to 200. And take off the 30% first time buyer discount...inlove.gif

 

...then I decided to get the tapering and hemming done which came out to ~90. Tapering is done on the inseam to preserve the selvedge outseam, and Steve at Railcar said that he had the exact color/size thread for Momotaro pink inseams. I guess I'll see how it all turns out when I get it back, but people on sufu have had success with Railcar so I've got my fingers crossed

post #1928 of 3316
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterymeatpete View Post

Yea it was crazy (and a note to the smaller people- you can get a pair of size 28 0701s right now for 140 too). They had one pair that just so happened to be my size which was priced down to 200. And take off the 30% first time buyer discount...inlove.gif

 

...then I decided to get the tapering and hemming done which came out to ~90. Tapering is done on the inseam to preserve the selvedge outseam, and Steve at Railcar said that he had the exact color/size thread for Momotaro pink inseams. I guess I'll see how it all turns out when I get it back, but people on sufu have had success with Railcar so I've got my fingers crossed

I'm considering getting mine tapered.  90 sounds like a lot!  How much was just tapering?

post #1929 of 3316
mysterymeatpete,

let us know how they turn out.

willrht,

+1 but I assume hemming was probably 20-30 USD so tapering was probably 50-60.
post #1930 of 3316
Quote:
Originally Posted by willrh1 View Post

I'm considering getting mine tapered.  90 sounds like a lot!  How much was just tapering?

 

CalTex is pretty much spot on. Railcar does tapering for 55 (+5 for return shipping unless you live near the store in Arcadia, CA).

post #1931 of 3316
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterymeatpete View Post

Yea it was crazy (and a note to the smaller people- you can get a pair of size 28 0701s right now for 140 too). They had one pair that just so happened to be my size which was priced down to 200. And take off the 30% first time buyer discount...inlove.gif

...then I decided to get the tapering and hemming done which came out to ~90. Tapering is done on the inseam to preserve the selvedge outseam, and Steve at Railcar said that he had the exact color/size thread for Momotaro pink inseams. I guess I'll see how it all turns out when I get it back, but people on sufu have had success with Railcar so I've got my fingers crossed

Just got the 0701s in my size for $140 icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif Thanks so much man you are awesome!
post #1932 of 3316
Well 140$ sure is a steal. Though I find they are worth retail.
post #1933 of 3316
Yeah I was actually about to get a new pair of 0702s at retail for the contest, but the price on the 0701s was too good to pass up!
post #1934 of 3316
Looks like they are out. Damn
post #1935 of 3316
Nothing is worth full retail....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro