or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Momotaro - Page 122

post #1816 of 3349
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

If Argentino says yes they are.

Fine by me.
post #1817 of 3349

Will we be able to enter after the 6th? May have to wait a bit since I has bills, and I want to buy in with my 003's. Like will people be able to enter/ buy in after the initial Nov. 6th date? I plan on having my pair purchased hemmed and ready to go by november, but it may be later in the month. 

post #1818 of 3349

Just ordered some 003s from Jay at Blue Owl!  Can't wait till they get here and I hope I sized right.  Also if anybody is interested there are fit pics of the 003 on superfuture and they got me even more excited.  The denim looks beautiful and I was really curious to see how this cut fit.  

post #1819 of 3349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightyow77 View Post

Will we be able to enter after the 6th? May have to wait a bit since I has bills, and I want to buy in with my 003's. Like will people be able to enter/ buy in after the initial Nov. 6th date? I plan on having my pair purchased hemmed and ready to go by november, but it may be later in the month. 

I'd think you'd be fine. I don't want to discourage anyone from participating just because of a financial holdup. As long as your denim is in-line you should be fine. In the end, I doubt 2 weeks of extra wear will make all the difference in a 702 day contest.
post #1820 of 3349
If I buy a pair, is the chain stitching done prior to me receiving it? I've been looking at this brand and finally found this thread.
Are there any specials running around? I'm concerned about the fit.
post #1821 of 3349

The contest looks awesome, but idk if I'll get my pair in time.  I'm still trying to figure out which would fit me best haha.  Either the 702 or going to a japan blue tapered cut.  I wish there was somewhere around Orange County CA to try them on!  Even up in LA would work - I just want the perfect pair of raw denim finally!

post #1822 of 3349

Also, Argentino - how does that 400sp pair fit you? Since it's a tapered cut with wider thighs and you're next going to the slimmer 702s, what would you say the fit difference is?

 

I have 22" thighs, measured around, and usually wear a 31 in N&F weird guys, but the thigh always seems to stretch to baggy proportions, and the knee gets the infamous "knee bags"...any ideas/thoughts?

 

The N&F skinny guy is a bit too skinny for me...do you think momo/JB cuts are better?

 

Thanks dude.

post #1823 of 3349
Awesome jay. I am in. Receive my 0702 from jay and waiting for the contest to start !!! Game on. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
post #1824 of 3349
Insomniac: I think 0700sp would suit u. But do take note about the thigh measurement. 0700 is quite tight at the thigh and a little tapered. Just my opinion.
post #1825 of 3349
i also may not be good to go by the 6th, but i don't think starting late should be a barrier to entry. if anything, it just puts you a little further behind.
post #1826 of 3349
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac341 View Post

Also, Argentino - how does that 400sp pair fit you? Since it's a tapered cut with wider thighs and you're next going to the slimmer 702s, what would you say the fit difference is?

I have 22" thighs, measured around, and usually wear a 31 in N&F weird guys, but the thigh always seems to stretch to baggy proportions, and the knee gets the infamous "knee bags"...any ideas/thoughts?

The N&F skinny guy is a bit too skinny for me...do you think momo/JB cuts are better?

Thanks dude.

My JB400 fits me far better than some N&F WGs that I'd had for a while. I enjoy the fit a lot. Fit difference for me between a Momo70- and JB400 is pretty much just the leg opening. I take a tagged-33 in the JB, and a tagged 36 in the 70-. Waist is about the same, upper thigh is about the same, and by then the only real difference is knee down. JBs are fairly vanity sized in comparison to true Momotaros which almost always run TTS. I'd done a 34 in a 701, but dem thighs were a dealbreaker, so I snagged a "small waisted" 36 for the 702 right when Jay started carrying them.

I think that both of them end up w/ an upper thigh between 12.5-12.75. Waist is a bit different, but JB400 for me sits lower, so I can afford a bit more slack on my hips. Jays measurements posted on BlueOwl are pretty spot on in every case.

I think knee bags are just part of the game eventually, especially if you're prone to really dense combs - all that fabric on the opposite side of the leg has to go somewhere.

Hope this helps.
post #1827 of 3349
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKMKMK View Post

Insomniac: I think 0700sp would suit u. But do take note about the thigh measurement. 0700 is quite tight at the thigh and a little tapered. Just my opinion.

Did you mean the 400sp? Thanks for the info though - I do think that I'm now leaning towards the 0401 or the 400sp since they are the same cut.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post


My JB400 fits me far better than some N&F WGs that I'd had for a while. I enjoy the fit a lot. Fit difference for me between a Momo70- and JB400 is pretty much just the leg opening. I take a tagged-33 in the JB, and a tagged 36 in the 70-. Waist is about the same, upper thigh is about the same, and by then the only real difference is knee down. JBs are fairly vanity sized in comparison to true Momotaros which almost always run TTS. I'd done a 34 in a 701, but dem thighs were a dealbreaker, so I snagged a "small waisted" 36 for the 702 right when Jay started carrying them.
I think that both of them end up w/ an upper thigh between 12.5-12.75. Waist is a bit different, but JB400 for me sits lower, so I can afford a bit more slack on my hips. Jays measurements posted on BlueOwl are pretty spot on in every case.
I think knee bags are just part of the game eventually, especially if you're prone to really dense combs - all that fabric on the opposite side of the leg has to go somewhere.
Hope this helps.

Awesome thanks for such an informative response.  I think I'll try for the 400sp or the JB0401.  I guess it just comes down to personal preference at that point.  How do the stripes on the back pocket hold up? Is the color nice in person?  I have a pair of LHT and I love the color but I'd imagine these are a bit darker? 

 

Sorry for so many questions haha I just am tight on money and want to get this right!

post #1828 of 3349

post #1829 of 3349
Hey guys if you plan on participating in the Momo 702 fade contest please PM me.

We would like to have a buy in of 10 USD.
post #1830 of 3349
I'm really bummed my 701s can't be in the contest...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro