or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Momotaro - Page 119

post #1771 of 3318
Yeah I can see where you are coming from, nevertheless I feel like your comparasent is a tad over exaggerated and kinda misses the point. For one momo and JB share more things in common than NF and Sam. Secondly, they are both made in Japan and are owned by the same group, and share similar silohuettes etc. Where as NF and Sams don't even share a similar aesthetic. That and you said put ars and a tab on nf which does not follow the same logic, it would be more like, a momo tab on a pair of JBs. I would be happier with a peach tab, thus preserving the Momo detailing, but in the end it's just a little DIY I want to indulge in for my Jawnz. Plus Momo ad JB have plenty of little details that set them apart from one another. The pink inseam and selvedge for one, deerskin patch, momo rivets denim weight and indigo used yahdahyahda. But this is all redundant at this point lol.
Thanks for the input anyways.
cheers
Edited by Rightyow77 - 10/17/12 at 5:14pm
post #1772 of 3318

post #1773 of 3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboy_oboy View Post

Can you guys help me out? I'm finding three (very) different measurements for what i think is the same model: Japan Blue Tight Straight-JB0101
Context
Blue Owl
Need Supply (though there is a discrepancy in the page copy and the link copy (URL line) so not sure what to make of that)
Can any one of these be "verified" as most accurate? The waist/thigh relationship is my key number, so I'm trying to compare a few different models (and brands) but this one is throwing me off.
Many thanks to anyone who owns a pair--I'm specifically looking for what tagged size has a measured waist closest to 32" and what the real thigh measurement is for that pair.

In my experience, Blue Owl wins here. I measured my JB0101 BiG style and the numbers matched up pretty much perfectly

post #1774 of 3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightyow77 View Post

Yeah I can see where you are coming from, nevertheless I feel like your comparasent is a tad over exaggerated and kinda misses the point. For one momo and JB share more things in common than NF and Sam. Secondly, they are both made in Japan and are owned by the same group, and share similar silohuettes etc. Where as NF and Sams don't even share a similar aesthetic. That and you said put ars and a tab on nf which does not follow the same logic, it would be more like, a momo tab on a pair of JBs. I would be happier with a peach tab, thus preserving the Momo detailing, but in the end it's just a little DIY I want to indulge in for my Jawnz. Plus Momo ad JB have plenty of little details that set them apart from one another. The pink inseam and selvedge for one, deerskin patch, momo rivets denim weight and indigo used yahdahyahda. But this is all redundant at this point lol.
Thanks for the input anyways.
cheers

Yeah, I was exaggerating a bit indeed. But you get my point. JB should stay JB.
post #1775 of 3318
Okay guys Argentino and I have been working on the rules for the momo contest, I should have everything ready by the end of this week.
post #1776 of 3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

Okay guys Argentino and I have been working on the rules for the momo contest, I should have everything ready by the end of this week.
lurker[1].gif
post #1777 of 3318
Why end of the week? :P
post #1778 of 3318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbear View Post

^ I would say Blue Owl.  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterymeatpete View Post

In my experience, Blue Owl wins here. I measured my JB0101 BiG style and the numbers matched up pretty much perfectly

Thanks fellas. This cut will not work then, but I appreciate the input very much.
post #1779 of 3318

I want to get in on this 0702 contest!! Think I might go for the BOM 003 though, still debating on what fit I want.

post #1780 of 3318
Some help is appreciated.

Looking for a Momo 0901. I'm considering a 33 or 34. I'd like whatever I get to end up POST-stretch as about 34, maybe 34.5".

Measurements seem to place a 34 at around 34" - 34.5". So, taking into consideration possible further shrinkage plus they're greater reluctance to stretch (over other types of denim), what would you guys recommend, a 33 or 34? Thanks.
post #1781 of 3318
I would take the size 34. Momotaro's don't stretch that much, so you'll probably end up with the same numbers as if raw, when washed and stretched out again.

Though, with the fuller cuts size down is possible, TTS is mostly advised.
post #1782 of 3318
Waiting on rules for competition before I buy my momos. biggrin.gif
post #1783 of 3318
CalTex saying end of the week probably means: This week, only a year further...

GIMME THOSE GODDAMN RULES, DAMMIT! biggrin.gif
post #1784 of 3318
plain.gif

Thanks for singling me out.

plain.gif

Okay so the rules have been ready but I am keeping you guys waiting to build up the hype. wink.gif

By the end of today, Sunday, I will post the rules. I give you my word.
post #1785 of 3318
Well, the clock is ticking then :P
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro