Sanforized. Shrinkage will be minimal (3% or something).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Yesterday at 1:15 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Momotaro - Page 96
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1427 of 34248/2/12 at 5:18pmpost #1428 of 34248/2/12 at 5:25pmpost #1429 of 34248/2/12 at 9:06pmI saw the little tag in the JB400sp that says it may shrink up to 3%. That's a far cry from the 10% claim on unsanforized denim, so I'd say that it's just a standard cotton sort of thing. Jay says they're all sanforized.
And Caltex, will get to your measurements in a bit - work's been crazy.post #1430 of 34248/3/12 at 1:16pmQuote:
I don't think they sell Japan Blue in Japan. They made the line specifically for international market. Momotaro line would be easy to find.
We ship worldwide. Easy to send you a pair.post #1431 of 34248/3/12 at 1:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by El Argentino
I saw the little tag in the JB400sp that says it may shrink up to 3%. That's a far cry from the 10% claim on unsanforized denim, so I'd say that it's just a standard cotton sort of thing. Jay says they're all sanforized.
And Caltex, will get to your measurements in a bit - work's been crazy.
That is more of a disclaimer. If you throw your denim in hot water and then cook it in the dryer for a couple hours, any denim will shrink 3%.post #1432 of 34248/7/12 at 7:19ampost #1433 of 34248/7/12 at 1:54pm
Long time lurker here, first time poster. I currently own a pair of JB0101s and as much as I love them they're pretty tight in the thighs, so I was thinking of selling them and then moving on to the JB0400sp. Can anyone comment on how they fit compared to N&F WeirdGuys? The numbers look pretty similar and I was gonna go to Barneys sometime this week to see if I could try on a pair of WGs to figure out my size on the 0400sppost #1434 of 34248/7/12 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by mysterymeatpete
Long time lurker here, first time poster. I currently own a pair of JB0101s and as much as I love them they're pretty tight in the thighs, so I was thinking of selling them and then moving on to the JB0400sp. Can anyone comment on how they fit compared to N&F WeirdGuys? The numbers look pretty similar and I was gonna go to Barneys sometime this week to see if I could try on a pair of WGs to figure out my size on the 0400sp
Personally, I wear the same size WG and JB400.post #1435 of 34248/8/12 at 7:39ampost #1436 of 34248/8/12 at 9:40amQuote:
How exactly should the thighs and "le package" fit pre-soak on a pair of 0201s ordered TTS? Loose or slim but not tight?post #1437 of 34248/8/12 at 10:30amQuote:
Depends on your build. For what it's worth, you can easily size down one on the 0201. Thighs are pretty roomy, so is the topblock.post #1438 of 34248/8/12 at 11:34ampost #1439 of 34248/8/12 at 3:26pmpost #1440 of 34248/8/12 at 3:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by itbegins
If you don't mind, I'd love your input on my case.
I've got a pair of 0701 in a size 34 coming with the following measurements: 36.15" waist, 10.85" rise, 12.4" thigh, 9.4" knee, 39.5" inseam, 8.65" leg opening.
Good match? I plan on hot soaking them twice when they arrive, I'm a little worried about the thighs though...
I think the 34 will work out very well for you. Assume maybe 1.5 inches down in the waist would put it only slightly bigger than your given measurement. The thighs shouldn't be a huge issue either based on what you've written. Personally, I think the cut will work really well for you.Quote:Originally Posted by CalTex
thanks, the one thing I had and you ruin it for me. ugh, you're a typical guy.
True Wais (around navel?): 35.5 (I let myself go after my marriage)
Upper Thigh: 24.25
Desired Rise: I have no idea
le package: 7 cm
note: I dont wan't to look like a high school kid in skinny jeans, I am leaning more towards the MC side
Personally with your measurements, I'd go for the 36 in the STF 701 (or the sanforized versions of the 701/702). My hips are a tad smaller than yours but I still eventually needed to size up for comfort's sake. I could button the waist and fly on the 34, but it wasn't comfortable enough to be the practical go-to err'day jean I was looking for at the time. My true waist is smaller, and my thighs are larger than yours. The 701 is a fantastic cut of denim - I'd highly recommend it.
My second option before I decided to size up was to just go for a 201. Those are pretty roomy, a standard straight leg with very slight taper for shape's sake. I think you may really enjoy that cut if you're heading MC, as you say
Also. I want your Stark.
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › In Praise (but also Suspicion) of Patterned Pants 1 minute ago
- › Motorcycles 9 minutes ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 17 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 23 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 25 minutes ago
- › Why are people willing to pay more for mainstream high fashion... 30 minutes ago
- › Viberg for Styleforum GMTO Pre-orders, Round 2, 2015 - Proposal... 31 minutes ago
- › LAB PAL ZILERI JACKET BLAZER 33 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 34 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...