or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Momotaro - Page 96

post #1426 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.R. View Post

Thanks. It's the Momotaro JB0101

Sanforized. Shrinkage will be minimal (3% or something).
post #1427 of 3370
Any stretch at all, in between washes? I've muscular legs, but like the slim fit, so not much is needed.
post #1428 of 3370
no, the thighs are the most important part to size correctly. If le package and thighs do not fit at the beginning, they will never fit.
post #1429 of 3370
I saw the little tag in the JB400sp that says it may shrink up to 3%. That's a far cry from the 10% claim on unsanforized denim, so I'd say that it's just a standard cotton sort of thing. Jay says they're all sanforized.

And Caltex, will get to your measurements in a bit - work's been crazy.
post #1430 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by afixedpoint View Post

Can anyone recommend a store in Tokyo to get Japan Blue x Momotaro? Specifically looking for the tapered straight either 0400SP or JB0401

I don't think they sell Japan Blue in Japan. They made the line specifically for international market. Momotaro line would be easy to find.

We ship worldwide. Easy to send you a pair.
post #1431 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

I saw the little tag in the JB400sp that says it may shrink up to 3%. That's a far cry from the 10% claim on unsanforized denim, so I'd say that it's just a standard cotton sort of thing. Jay says they're all sanforized.
And Caltex, will get to your measurements in a bit - work's been crazy.

That is more of a disclaimer. If you throw your denim in hot water and then cook it in the dryer for a couple hours, any denim will shrink 3%.
post #1432 of 3370
Update: Pops found me a pair of Japan Blue tapered straights in Tokyo for 13,000 yen
post #1433 of 3370

Long time lurker here, first time poster. I currently own a pair of JB0101s and as much as I love them they're pretty tight in the thighs, so I was thinking of selling them and then moving on to the JB0400sp. Can anyone comment on how they fit compared to N&F WeirdGuys? The numbers look pretty similar and I was gonna go to Barneys sometime this week to see if I could try on a pair of WGs to figure out my size on the 0400sp

post #1434 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterymeatpete View Post

Long time lurker here, first time poster. I currently own a pair of JB0101s and as much as I love them they're pretty tight in the thighs, so I was thinking of selling them and then moving on to the JB0400sp. Can anyone comment on how they fit compared to N&F WeirdGuys? The numbers look pretty similar and I was gonna go to Barneys sometime this week to see if I could try on a pair of WGs to figure out my size on the 0400sp


Personally, I wear the same size WG and JB400.
post #1435 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post


Personally, I wear the same size WG and JB400.


Would you say they fit similarly in the top block? Or is one slimmer than the other?

post #1436 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

no, the thighs are the most important part to size correctly. If le package and thighs do not fit at the beginning, they will never fit.

How exactly should the thighs and "le package" fit pre-soak on a pair of 0201s ordered TTS?  Loose or slim but not tight?

post #1437 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSmythe View Post

How exactly should the thighs and "le package" fit pre-soak on a pair of 0201s ordered TTS?  Loose or slim but not tight?

Depends on your build. For what it's worth, you can easily size down one on the 0201. Thighs are pretty roomy, so is the topblock.
post #1438 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistral View Post


Depends on your build. For what it's worth, you can easily size down one on the 0201. Thighs are pretty roomy, so is the topblock.

Great!  I have an athletic build so TTS will probably work out.

post #1439 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterymeatpete View Post


Would you say they fit similarly in the top block? Or is one slimmer than the other?

IMO, WG is lower rise, but thighs will measure about the same. The taper is also probably a bit more pronounced on WG, but the cut is similar enough.
post #1440 of 3370
Quote:
Originally Posted by itbegins View Post

If you don't mind, I'd love your input on my case.
True Waist:33.5"
Hips:35.75"
Upper Thigh:23"
Knee:14.75"
Desired Rise:~10"
I've got a pair of 0701 in a size 34 coming with the following measurements: 36.15" waist, 10.85" rise, 12.4" thigh, 9.4" knee, 39.5" inseam, 8.65" leg opening.
Good match? I plan on hot soaking them twice when they arrive, I'm a little worried about the thighs though...

I think the 34 will work out very well for you. Assume maybe 1.5 inches down in the waist would put it only slightly bigger than your given measurement. The thighs shouldn't be a huge issue either based on what you've written. Personally, I think the cut will work really well for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalTex View Post

thanks, the one thing I had and you ruin it for me. ugh, you're a typical guy.
True Wais (around navel?): 35.5 (I let myself go after my marriage)
Hips: 36.5
Upper Thigh: 24.25
Knee: 15.75
Desired Rise: I have no idea
calf: 16.25
le package: 7 cm
note: I dont wan't to look like a high school kid in skinny jeans, I am leaning more towards the MC side

Personally with your measurements, I'd go for the 36 in the STF 701 (or the sanforized versions of the 701/702). My hips are a tad smaller than yours but I still eventually needed to size up for comfort's sake. I could button the waist and fly on the 34, but it wasn't comfortable enough to be the practical go-to err'day jean I was looking for at the time. My true waist is smaller, and my thighs are larger than yours. The 701 is a fantastic cut of denim - I'd highly recommend it.

My second option before I decided to size up was to just go for a 201. Those are pretty roomy, a standard straight leg with very slight taper for shape's sake. I think you may really enjoy that cut if you're heading MC, as you say smile.gif

Also. I want your Stark.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro