Sanforized. Shrinkage will be minimal (3% or something).
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 5:54 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Momotaro - Page 96post #1427 of 35308/2/12 at 5:18pmpost #1428 of 35308/2/12 at 5:25pmpost #1429 of 35308/2/12 at 9:06pmI saw the little tag in the JB400sp that says it may shrink up to 3%. That's a far cry from the 10% claim on unsanforized denim, so I'd say that it's just a standard cotton sort of thing. Jay says they're all sanforized.
And Caltex, will get to your measurements in a bit - work's been crazy.post #1430 of 35308/3/12 at 1:16pmQuote:
I don't think they sell Japan Blue in Japan. They made the line specifically for international market. Momotaro line would be easy to find.
We ship worldwide. Easy to send you a pair.post #1431 of 35308/3/12 at 1:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by El Argentino
I saw the little tag in the JB400sp that says it may shrink up to 3%. That's a far cry from the 10% claim on unsanforized denim, so I'd say that it's just a standard cotton sort of thing. Jay says they're all sanforized.
And Caltex, will get to your measurements in a bit - work's been crazy.
That is more of a disclaimer. If you throw your denim in hot water and then cook it in the dryer for a couple hours, any denim will shrink 3%.post #1432 of 35308/7/12 at 7:19ampost #1433 of 35308/7/12 at 1:54pm
Long time lurker here, first time poster. I currently own a pair of JB0101s and as much as I love them they're pretty tight in the thighs, so I was thinking of selling them and then moving on to the JB0400sp. Can anyone comment on how they fit compared to N&F WeirdGuys? The numbers look pretty similar and I was gonna go to Barneys sometime this week to see if I could try on a pair of WGs to figure out my size on the 0400sppost #1434 of 35308/7/12 at 7:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by mysterymeatpete
Long time lurker here, first time poster. I currently own a pair of JB0101s and as much as I love them they're pretty tight in the thighs, so I was thinking of selling them and then moving on to the JB0400sp. Can anyone comment on how they fit compared to N&F WeirdGuys? The numbers look pretty similar and I was gonna go to Barneys sometime this week to see if I could try on a pair of WGs to figure out my size on the 0400sp
Personally, I wear the same size WG and JB400.post #1435 of 35308/8/12 at 7:39ampost #1436 of 35308/8/12 at 9:40amQuote:
How exactly should the thighs and "le package" fit pre-soak on a pair of 0201s ordered TTS? Loose or slim but not tight?post #1437 of 35308/8/12 at 10:30amQuote:
Depends on your build. For what it's worth, you can easily size down one on the 0201. Thighs are pretty roomy, so is the topblock.post #1438 of 35308/8/12 at 11:34ampost #1439 of 35308/8/12 at 3:26pmpost #1440 of 35308/8/12 at 3:32pmQuote:Originally Posted by itbegins
If you don't mind, I'd love your input on my case.
I've got a pair of 0701 in a size 34 coming with the following measurements: 36.15" waist, 10.85" rise, 12.4" thigh, 9.4" knee, 39.5" inseam, 8.65" leg opening.
Good match? I plan on hot soaking them twice when they arrive, I'm a little worried about the thighs though...
I think the 34 will work out very well for you. Assume maybe 1.5 inches down in the waist would put it only slightly bigger than your given measurement. The thighs shouldn't be a huge issue either based on what you've written. Personally, I think the cut will work really well for you.Quote:Originally Posted by CalTex
thanks, the one thing I had and you ruin it for me. ugh, you're a typical guy.
True Wais (around navel?): 35.5 (I let myself go after my marriage)
Upper Thigh: 24.25
Desired Rise: I have no idea
le package: 7 cm
note: I dont wan't to look like a high school kid in skinny jeans, I am leaning more towards the MC side
Personally with your measurements, I'd go for the 36 in the STF 701 (or the sanforized versions of the 701/702). My hips are a tad smaller than yours but I still eventually needed to size up for comfort's sake. I could button the waist and fly on the 34, but it wasn't comfortable enough to be the practical go-to err'day jean I was looking for at the time. My true waist is smaller, and my thighs are larger than yours. The 701 is a fantastic cut of denim - I'd highly recommend it.
My second option before I decided to size up was to just go for a 201. Those are pretty roomy, a standard straight leg with very slight taper for shape's sake. I think you may really enjoy that cut if you're heading MC, as you say
Also. I want your Stark.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › The Proper Kit Trunk Show, Saturday, Nov 5, New York, by Styleforum... 46 seconds ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › What to wear with this charcoal sports coat? 2 minutes ago
- › Double Breasted Style. 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 5 minutes ago
- › The "Actively Discovering 'New' Brands" Thread 8 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...