EDIT: Eh, cold soak only. Maybe not.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Today at 2:52 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 3/6/16
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Momotaro - Page 71post #1051 of 35773/11/12 at 9:48ampost #1052 of 35773/11/12 at 9:54ampost #1053 of 35773/11/12 at 10:56amQuote:Originally Posted by El Argentino
Also a question:
From that listing, just noticed that the 705SP out of Blue Owl have the back pocket tab, while the BiG versions of the same jean do not. Both are one-wash, and other than that can't find any differences at all.
Any ideas from those more educated than I?
BiG is not allowed to deliver products sporting arcuates and/or tabs, due to regulations after a certain lawsuit.
Don't know the exact facts about it, though.post #1054 of 35773/11/12 at 11:33ampost #1055 of 35773/11/12 at 12:20pmpost #1056 of 35773/11/12 at 1:48pmpost #1057 of 35773/11/12 at 2:22pmAbove size 34, only 36,38 and 40 are produced. So 36 would be your best bet. Give them a good hot soak, so they shrink a fair bit.
Or, at your own risk, go for a 34, which should measure somewhat around 35" in raw condition. Beat the crap out of them, wearing raw and soak/wash after prolonged time of wear in raw state... Or cold soak them and put something between the waistband.post #1058 of 35773/11/12 at 6:17pmpost #1059 of 35773/11/12 at 11:55pmQuote:
Most brands of jeans, even the high end Japanese brands, are vanity sized to some extent. Momotaro is one of the few notables that is generally not vanity sized, so what you are saying about your experience with sizing definitely makes sense.post #1060 of 35773/12/12 at 9:16am^^theganjalife kept effing up sizing cuz he insisted the 701/702 cut to work for him, but he had "thighs" issues. finally, he took advice to go on the 201 route instead & it worked out. omg.... he ate quite a bit of loss [depreciation] reselling all those mis-sized pairs.
anyway, main thing is that you get what you want.
life is short & you only got a pair of legs to break those mofos inQuote:Originally Posted by TheloniusDrunk
My waist measures 34 and my thigh's aren't the biggest, I think I had issues with my N&F weird guys in the thighs because I got a size 30...Quote:Can you link to these two jeans you speak of? Can't see them in the B&SOriginally Posted by TheloniusDrunk
Ah, saw these but unfortunately the inseam is a bit short considering I'm 194 cm (6'4") and I need around a 35, more if I want to cuff/stack. Also the thigh is 12.25 but after shrinking might be a bit too tight for me. But the BiG site lists the 701's as having a bigger thigh.
yea, seems you sized down too many.
i'd be W33 on most Momos & W32 on the N&F collabs.
measurements on my 1.5 y/o 701:
w=35, f/rise= 9.75, u/t= 12 from crotch &
11.5 from 2" below crotch, w/c i found to be more accurate for thigh measurement
*thigh measurement is always critical__ waist will eventually stretch.
make sure to make allowance for inseam shrinkage. my 702 was supposedly fully sanforized, but already got 1 full inch shrinkage @33.5 in 2 soaks.
btw, the dudes i mentioned are @SuFu. check this link & just pm them if still available:
Edited by IIIrd Icon - 3/12/12 at 1:20pmpost #1061 of 35773/12/12 at 2:07pm
Sounds like people wanted to see some 201 fit picks, here you go. This is size 36. I think 35 would have been perfect on me had it existed. Waist originally measured 38 using the BO method, shrank to 37 after hot soak, and has stretched back to 38. These are unhemmed, I'm 6'5" with long legs and wary of looking like I have stick legs, so I'm not worried if they're just a little baggy. Only about 15-20 wears so far.
I also have 3sixteen SL-100x which is borderline too tight for me. I think I could squeeze into the 701, but it would be close.post #1062 of 35773/12/12 at 2:31pmpost #1063 of 35773/12/12 at 3:08pmQuote:
Though I'd like to say his fit is good... It actually isn't. Fit from the legs down is good, but the topblock looks kinda sloppy if you ask me. Or it could just be me, but the area around the buttonfly looks kinda off.post #1064 of 35773/12/12 at 4:06pmQuote:
No tag 35 is made, but each production might be a little different. We just received a restock and have multiple pairs of each size. We can measure everything and might find a 34 that runs big or a 36 that runs small. E-mail me if you need asistance. I personally would just wear 34 and no soak.post #1065 of 35773/12/12 at 4:13pmQuote:
You're right - I was looking at the legs more than anything.
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 7 seconds ago
- › Hong Kong Shirt Makers 1 minute ago
- › Rubinacci "...Best Bespoke Tailor on Earth..." article 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 13 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Wanna get some advice about the suit. 17 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 20 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 26 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...