EDIT: Eh, cold soak only. Maybe not.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. Last post on Yesterday at 7:00 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
What I Learned from Slim Denim
Last edited: 12/21/14
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and TrousersLast edited: 11/11/15
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- The Styleforum Brief: May 2015Last edited: 5/7/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Momotaro - Page 71post #1051 of 34663/11/12 at 9:48am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #1052 of 34663/11/12 at 9:54ampost #1053 of 34663/11/12 at 10:56amQuote:Originally Posted by El Argentino
Also a question:
From that listing, just noticed that the 705SP out of Blue Owl have the back pocket tab, while the BiG versions of the same jean do not. Both are one-wash, and other than that can't find any differences at all.
Any ideas from those more educated than I?
BiG is not allowed to deliver products sporting arcuates and/or tabs, due to regulations after a certain lawsuit.
Don't know the exact facts about it, though.post #1054 of 34663/11/12 at 11:33ampost #1055 of 34663/11/12 at 12:20pmpost #1056 of 34663/11/12 at 1:48pmpost #1057 of 34663/11/12 at 2:22pmAbove size 34, only 36,38 and 40 are produced. So 36 would be your best bet. Give them a good hot soak, so they shrink a fair bit.
Or, at your own risk, go for a 34, which should measure somewhat around 35" in raw condition. Beat the crap out of them, wearing raw and soak/wash after prolonged time of wear in raw state... Or cold soak them and put something between the waistband.post #1058 of 34663/11/12 at 6:17pmpost #1059 of 34663/11/12 at 11:55pmQuote:
Most brands of jeans, even the high end Japanese brands, are vanity sized to some extent. Momotaro is one of the few notables that is generally not vanity sized, so what you are saying about your experience with sizing definitely makes sense.post #1060 of 34663/12/12 at 9:16am^^theganjalife kept effing up sizing cuz he insisted the 701/702 cut to work for him, but he had "thighs" issues. finally, he took advice to go on the 201 route instead & it worked out. omg.... he ate quite a bit of loss [depreciation] reselling all those mis-sized pairs.
anyway, main thing is that you get what you want.
life is short & you only got a pair of legs to break those mofos inQuote:Originally Posted by TheloniusDrunk
My waist measures 34 and my thigh's aren't the biggest, I think I had issues with my N&F weird guys in the thighs because I got a size 30...Quote:Can you link to these two jeans you speak of? Can't see them in the B&SOriginally Posted by TheloniusDrunk
Ah, saw these but unfortunately the inseam is a bit short considering I'm 194 cm (6'4") and I need around a 35, more if I want to cuff/stack. Also the thigh is 12.25 but after shrinking might be a bit too tight for me. But the BiG site lists the 701's as having a bigger thigh.
yea, seems you sized down too many.
i'd be W33 on most Momos & W32 on the N&F collabs.
measurements on my 1.5 y/o 701:
w=35, f/rise= 9.75, u/t= 12 from crotch &
11.5 from 2" below crotch, w/c i found to be more accurate for thigh measurement
*thigh measurement is always critical__ waist will eventually stretch.
make sure to make allowance for inseam shrinkage. my 702 was supposedly fully sanforized, but already got 1 full inch shrinkage @33.5 in 2 soaks.
btw, the dudes i mentioned are @SuFu. check this link & just pm them if still available:
Edited by IIIrd Icon - 3/12/12 at 1:20pmpost #1061 of 34663/12/12 at 2:07pm
Sounds like people wanted to see some 201 fit picks, here you go. This is size 36. I think 35 would have been perfect on me had it existed. Waist originally measured 38 using the BO method, shrank to 37 after hot soak, and has stretched back to 38. These are unhemmed, I'm 6'5" with long legs and wary of looking like I have stick legs, so I'm not worried if they're just a little baggy. Only about 15-20 wears so far.
I also have 3sixteen SL-100x which is borderline too tight for me. I think I could squeeze into the 701, but it would be close.post #1062 of 34663/12/12 at 2:31pmpost #1063 of 34663/12/12 at 3:08pmQuote:
Though I'd like to say his fit is good... It actually isn't. Fit from the legs down is good, but the topblock looks kinda sloppy if you ask me. Or it could just be me, but the area around the buttonfly looks kinda off.post #1064 of 34663/12/12 at 4:06pmQuote:
No tag 35 is made, but each production might be a little different. We just received a restock and have multiple pairs of each size. We can measure everything and might find a 34 that runs big or a 36 that runs small. E-mail me if you need asistance. I personally would just wear 34 and no soak.post #1065 of 34663/12/12 at 4:13pmQuote:
You're right - I was looking at the legs more than anything.
Styleforum Top Picks
- The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Denim and Trousers
- › Alden 975 LWB in Color 8 Burgundy Shell Cordovan 8C Barrie 18 seconds ago
- › Spectator Porn 3 minutes ago
- › Murl the Squirl's Adventure Across the Pond 6 minutes ago
- › Saphir Pate de Luxe 100ml Black and Medium Brown Color 10 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 13 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › ***The Official Rick Owens Thread*** 16 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 18 minutes ago
- › ALFRED SARGENT Appreciation: Handgrade, Exclusive, etc. 24 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories