EDIT: Eh, cold soak only. Maybe not.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Momotaro x Blue Owl Collaboration Series Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:37pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Denim Therapy Last post on 5/9/14 at 6:32pm in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- FS: KMW Kicking Mule Workshop PRICE DROP 7/5 Last post on 7/5/11 at 5:57pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- 7/10 DROPS! MASSIVE Closet Clearance Obo!! Last post on 7/10/11 at 8:05pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Momotaro - Page 71
Styleforum Top Picks
Also a question:
From that listing, just noticed that the 705SP out of Blue Owl have the back pocket tab, while the BiG versions of the same jean do not. Both are one-wash, and other than that can't find any differences at all.
Any ideas from those more educated than I?
BiG is not allowed to deliver products sporting arcuates and/or tabs, due to regulations after a certain lawsuit.
Don't know the exact facts about it, though.
Or, at your own risk, go for a 34, which should measure somewhat around 35" in raw condition. Beat the crap out of them, wearing raw and soak/wash after prolonged time of wear in raw state... Or cold soak them and put something between the waistband.
Most brands of jeans, even the high end Japanese brands, are vanity sized to some extent. Momotaro is one of the few notables that is generally not vanity sized, so what you are saying about your experience with sizing definitely makes sense.
anyway, main thing is that you get what you want.
life is short & you only got a pair of legs to break those mofos in
My waist measures 34 and my thigh's aren't the biggest, I think I had issues with my N&F weird guys in the thighs because I got a size 30...
Ah, saw these but unfortunately the inseam is a bit short considering I'm 194 cm (6'4") and I need around a 35, more if I want to cuff/stack. Also the thigh is 12.25 but after shrinking might be a bit too tight for me. But the BiG site lists the 701's as having a bigger thigh.
yea, seems you sized down too many.
i'd be W33 on most Momos & W32 on the N&F collabs.
measurements on my 1.5 y/o 701:
w=35, f/rise= 9.75, u/t= 12 from crotch &
11.5 from 2" below crotch, w/c i found to be more accurate for thigh measurement
*thigh measurement is always critical__ waist will eventually stretch.
make sure to make allowance for inseam shrinkage. my 702 was supposedly fully sanforized, but already got 1 full inch shrinkage @33.5 in 2 soaks.
btw, the dudes i mentioned are @SuFu. check this link & just pm them if still available:
Edited by IIIrd Icon - 3/12/12 at 1:20pm
Sounds like people wanted to see some 201 fit picks, here you go. This is size 36. I think 35 would have been perfect on me had it existed. Waist originally measured 38 using the BO method, shrank to 37 after hot soak, and has stretched back to 38. These are unhemmed, I'm 6'5" with long legs and wary of looking like I have stick legs, so I'm not worried if they're just a little baggy. Only about 15-20 wears so far.
I also have 3sixteen SL-100x which is borderline too tight for me. I think I could squeeze into the 701, but it would be close.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Though I'd like to say his fit is good... It actually isn't. Fit from the legs down is good, but the topblock looks kinda sloppy if you ask me. Or it could just be me, but the area around the buttonfly looks kinda off.
No tag 35 is made, but each production might be a little different. We just received a restock and have multiple pairs of each size. We can measure everything and might find a 34 that runs big or a 36 that runs small. E-mail me if you need asistance. I personally would just wear 34 and no soak.
You're right - I was looking at the legs more than anything.
- › Inverallan 3 minutes ago
- › Yanko Shoes - size 7.5 - Made in Spain - similar to Carmina 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 15 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 16 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 29 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 42 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 55 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays