or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Momotaro - Page 68

post #1006 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_SFU View Post

Just bought a pair of 705BIG that came back in stock in my size. icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

show of. pics when they come.
post #1007 of 3362
702s out for delivery this morning! Fit pics to come.

Jay is great - order went out Friday at midday, and monday morning they've arrived. Fantastic service yet again.
post #1008 of 3362
are Grand Indigos & 702s from the same [Japan Blue] denim? i tried on the the latter @BiG 2 days ago & seems i'll be sizing up 1_ as i did on the 701s.
post #1009 of 3362
Does anyone have evo pics of the 0705BIG?

I haven't been around these parts in a long time but it's a shame to see whatever123 has been banned, always seemed like a strong contributor to the forum and he and I had several pieces in common.

If anyone knows how I can get in touch with him or any other details, I would appreciate a PM.

Thinking about pulling trigger on either 0705BIG or 0701....comes down to details..
post #1010 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyute View Post

I haven't been around these parts in a long time but it's a shame to see whatever123 has been banned, always seemed like a strong contributor to the forum and he and I had several pieces in common.

he was an deluded, passive aggressive nut job. but he was OUR deluded, passive aggressive nut job. in a crazy kind of way, i miss him.
post #1011 of 3362
^^sorry to learn that about w/e123. but, pertaining to your queries about 0705BIG, there are quite a few knowledgeable members here [ie, who've handled Momos] who might be able to help you out on your particular quest.

as for the cut/model is concerned, 705 is basically the same as the 701 except for the tapered hem [of the former] & a slightly roomier thigh of the latter [approx 0.5" measured flat for tagged W32].

as for the denim itself, same 15.7oz Zimbabwean cotton. there's abundant evo photo of the denim here, SuFu & MyNudies. here is a link to mine_ 2 updates in same page [close to top & for current evo, scroll down to the bottom].

http://www.styleforum.net/t/163400/how-do-you-rock-em-jeans-fit-pics-description/375
post #1012 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyute View Post

Does anyone have evo pics of the 0705BIG?
I haven't been around these parts in a long time but it's a shame to see whatever123 has been banned, always seemed like a strong contributor to the forum and he and I had several pieces in common.
If anyone knows how I can get in touch with him or any other details, I would appreciate a PM.
Thinking about pulling trigger on either 0705BIG or 0701....comes down to details..
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post

^^sorry to learn that about w/e123. but, pertaining to your queries about 0705BIG, there are quite a few knowledgeable members here [ie, who've handled Momos] who might be able to help you out on your particular quest.
as for the cut/model is concerned, 705 is basically the same as the 701 except for the tapered hem [of the former] & a slightly roomier thigh of the latter [approx 0.5" measured flat for tagged W32].
as for the denim itself, same 15.7oz Zimbabwean cotton. there's abundant evo photo of the denim here, SuFu & MyNudies. here is a link to mine_ 2 updates in same page [close to top & for current evo, scroll down to the bottom].
http://www.styleforum.net/t/163400/how-do-you-rock-em-jeans-fit-pics-description/375

What IIIrd Icon said about the cut is spot on, IMO. I just wanted to add that the two models use the same base denim, but the denim in the 701 is unsanforized while the denim in the 705BIG is sanforized.
post #1013 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post

are Grand Indigos & 702s from the same [Japan Blue] denim? i tried on the the latter @BiG 2 days ago & seems i'll be sizing up 1_ as i did on the 701s.

From talking w/ Jay, I'm under the impression that they aren't, but would appreciate any clarification. I sized up on the 702s as well, still looks amazing.

Camera is with the wife and daughter on vacation, but pics will come. I'm overdue in a few threads.
post #1014 of 3362
^what i found out so far is, that the weight on both are same @15oz, but the dye used are different.. Gordon said that aside from the darker indigo dye used on the 702 warp, the weft is black dyed__ vs GI's indigo weft. hence, a darker 702.

btw, here's what m1stral wrote on his reply:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1stral 
@ brownmetallic

As far as I know the fabricage both come grond the Rampuya mill. The fabric is exactly the same, bureau both modelsvare sanforized to a different degree and the 0702 features another "type" of indigo, because of that the color is much darker.

GI sports Copper Label arcs and white tab and misses the pink selvage ID. 0702 comes with it, but doesn't have tab and arc

Edited by IIIrd Icon - 2/29/12 at 11:48am
post #1015 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

From talking w/ Jay, I'm under the impression that they aren't, but would appreciate any clarification. I sized up on the 702s as well, still looks amazing.
Camera is with the wife and daughter on vacation, but pics will come. I'm overdue in a few threads.

The denim they use is similar but not exactly the same. The warp threads of the two denims are dyed with a different indigo mix from each other. Side-by-side, in their raw state, the 702 denim is noticeably darker than the Grand Indigo.
post #1016 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post

^what i found out so far is, that the weight on both are same @15oz, but the dye used are different.. Gordon said that aside from the darker indigo dye used on the warp, the weft is black dyed__ vs GI's indigo weft. hence, a darker 702.
btw, here's what m1stral wrote on his reply:

The Grand Indigo actually has a black weft, not indigo.
post #1017 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler View Post

The Grand Indigo actually has a black weft, not indigo.

I thought it was the other way around - 702 w/ black weft, Grand Indigo w/ indigo&indigo.
post #1018 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

I thought it was the other way around - 702 w/ black weft, Grand Indigo w/ indigo&indigo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler View Post

The Grand Indigo actually has a black weft, not indigo.

checked out the 702 weft & it appeared as black as my bamboo ink-dyed weft 5000ai [when i 1st got them]. i asked Gordon & he confirmed they were, indeed, dyed black.

so, in that case, both models have black weft, then.
post #1019 of 3362
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Argentino View Post

I thought it was the other way around - 702 w/ black weft, Grand Indigo w/ indigo&indigo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon View Post

checked out the 702 weft & it appeared as black as my bamboo ink-dyed weft 5000ai [when i 1st got them]. i asked Gordon & he confirmed they were, indeed, dyed black.
so, in that case, both models have black weft, then.

As IIIrd Icon said, both have black wefts.
post #1020 of 3362
So, ultimately...after soak/wash/shrink whatever....0701 will be substantially tighter than 0705BIG (which wont change much at all)...safe assumption?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Momotaro