or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Vlaclav ,his habits
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Vlaclav ,his habits - Page 3  

post #31 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by m@T
We have a place just like that called filmnoirbuff.com
Apologies in advance, but everyone has to check this out, it's so absurdly intricate that it's like an Escher print.

http://www.filmnoirbuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=106

Okay, so Jimmy Stewart, who is really Marc Grayson, posts this thread. (You can tell it's Marc because his praise towards himself is just effusive - "One guy who is really experienced and has used almost every bespoke maker in the world..." - and because he manages to take several digs at Kabbaz.)

Grayson claims that the "marc39" in the AAAC thread isn't him, even though it's clearly his original account. Interestingly, Kevin Barron in the AAAC thread is also him under a false name.

Back at FNB, he then claims that the instances of him deriding others were entirely the work of others stealing his username. Somehow, these digital terrorists also managed to hijack his account just in time to demonstrate some appalling racism towards the French and get banned from SF.

And then... oh boy, and then, he comes out with this zinger:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Grayson
The Internet clearly is vulnerable to the release of false information and anyone with a computer and self-interested motives can access it. Doing so under false pretenses, using misleading usernames, is especially onerous.
It's like watching one of those reality TV shows where everyone's trapped in the house. Can't look away, even though you know you really should.
post #32 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M
Apologies in advance, but everyone has to check this out, it's so absurdly intricate that it's like an Escher print.

http://www.filmnoirbuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=106

Okay, so Jimmy Stewart, who is really Marc Grayson, posts this thread. (You can tell it's Marc because his praise towards himself is just effusive - "One guy who is really experienced and has used almost every bespoke maker in the world..." - and because he manages to take several digs at Kabbaz.)

Grayson claims that the "marc39" in the AAAC thread isn't him, even though it's clearly his original account. Interestingly, Kevin Barron in the AAAC thread is also him under a false name.

Back at FNB, he then claims that the instances of him deriding others were entirely the work of others stealing his username. Somehow, these digital terrorists also managed to hijack his account just in time to demonstrate some appalling racism towards the French and get banned from SF.

And then... oh boy, and then, he comes out with this zinger:

It's like watching one of those reality TV shows where everyone's trapped in the house. Can't look away, even though you know you really should.

LMFAO.

I really need to study...

Jon.
post #33 of 70
well i for one think this marc grayson chap is just brilliant. he's an artist, i say.
post #34 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by faustian bargain
well i for one think this marc grayson chap is just brilliant. he's an artist, i say.
Et tu, Faustus?
post #35 of 70
Whoops. Finger slipped and I posted over there.
post #36 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by j
Et tu, Faustus?

post #37 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M
Whoops. Finger slipped and I posted over there.
Why pull your punches in the last line?
post #38 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arethusa
Why pull your punches in the last line?
'Cause I'm a very civil kinda guy.
post #39 of 70
Psht. If you're going to let loose over something this enormously silly, might as well have some fun with it.
post #40 of 70
Looking at the AskAndy, there are some people who do not know what they are talking about. Gucci does not make their own shoes; Sergio Rossi does. Dunhill and ST.Dupont are equal in terms of firm quality. However, ST Dupont only began offering lighters, in an aluminum version, during the '40s when precious materials were scarce. Dunhill is the originator of the handheld lighter with Wise & Greenwood's iconic Unique design, which they made for Dunhill in both cigar and cigarette version in various materials. Caran d'Ache would be another highly regarded option for lighters but nobody has brought that up. I don't like butane lighters.
post #41 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M
'Cause I'm a very civil kinda guy.

Now you've got them all howling and baying. It's not even a full moon.

Aus_MD
post #42 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus_MD
Now you've got them all howling and baying. It's not even a full moon.
Ah, I'm pretty much done now.

I find Grayson to be the most fun of all the loonies. If they want him, they can have him, I've done my bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Looking at the AskAndy, there are some people who do not know what they are talking about.

Gucci does not make their own shoes; Sergio Rossi does. Dunhill and ST.Dupont are equal in terms of firm quality.
...
I don't like butane lighters.
Wrong thread?
post #43 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Looking at the AskAndy, there are some people who do not know what they are talking about.

Gucci does not make their own shoes; Sergio Rossi does. Dunhill and ST.Dupont are equal in terms of firm quality.

However, ST Dupont only began offering lighters, in an aluminum version, during the '40s when precious materials were scarce. Dunhill is the originator of the handheld lighter with Wise & Greenwood's iconic Unique design, which they made for Dunhill in both cigar and cigarette version in various materials.

Caran d'Ache would be another highly regarded option for lighters but nobody has brought that up.

I don't like butane lighters.
Wrong forum?

btw. Nick M. Lovely detective work!
post #44 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage
Wrong forum? btw. Nick M. Lovely detective work!
Do you like King Farouk?
post #45 of 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by T4phage
Nick M. Lovely detective work!
Ah, it's mostly painting-by-numbers with MG.

For what it's worth, I actually really enjoy FNBs pictorial essay thingies.

And he doesn't like the way the other forums are run, for better or worse, so rather than whining about it endlessly like some other forum refugees, he made his own. I give him points for that.

I'd just rather his forum didn't turn into GQ v.2 .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: General Chat
This thread is locked  
Styleforum › Forums › General › General Chat › Vlaclav ,his habits