• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to polish blue shoes?

ranker

Reaction score
How does one polish blue calf leather shoes? I can't seem to find any dark blue polish.

jlvale2.jpg

On another note, if one can't match the shade of polish to the shoe exactly, would one use the nearest tone that's lighter or darker?

Thanks for all the advice in advance.

JordanH.

Reaction score
try ebay. they have different shades of blue Meltonian shoe polish. I have seen navy and i think there's royal and another one too.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get blue creme polish at any good shoe repair place. And, you can get blue wax polish at Berluti in NYC. I believe a pair of shoes needs a good coat of wax a few times a year to protect the leather from water and grease.

ranker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
You can get blue creme polish at any good shoe repair place. And, you can get blue wax polish at Berluti in NYC. I believe a pair of shoes needs a good coat of wax a few times a year to protect the leather from water and grease.

Thanks for the great advice. If only I had asked this question prior to coming back from the weekend shopping trip to NYC!

Is there a specific brand I should be looking for or an online retailer to purchase reliable shoe products from?

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Go to Valmour website and buy some saphir products..They're the best on the market.
Don't buy Lobb products ,they're overpriced...
I have a few pairs of dark blue shoes and I always use navy cream with them..

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Go to Valmour website and buy some saphir products..They're the best on the market.
Don't buy Lobb products ,they're overpriced...
I have a few pairs of dark blue shoes and I always use navy cream with them..

+1. I've got Navy cream and Navy polish from Saphir. Outside of the Bay and the US, Valmour seems to be the only place that sells Saphir.

Nice shoes, BTW!!

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Museum from John Lobb..

Was that meant for me? Thanks for the heads up.

I've seen the Museum colours from Lobb before, but as yet, I'm not an owner of one.

I've also kinda fallen out with the Factory Shop people, so I'll have to see whether there are still any bridges that require mending and get a couple.

I must admit that the double monk (Vale or Chappel is it) does look lovely.

Cheers

Clint

_AMD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by clintonf
+1. I've got Navy cream and Navy polish from Saphir. Outside of the Bay and the US, Valmour seems to be the only place that sells Saphir.

Nice shoes, BTW!!

Franco's (www.francos.com) sells Saphir products as well, and they offer great service imo.

Aaron

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by _AMD
Franco's (www.francos.com) sells Saphir products as well, and they offer great service imo.

Aaron

I've seen blue polish but can't remember the brand or where I saw it. I need some myself and will probably get it from Franco's if it's available.

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
I've seen blue polish but can't remember the brand or where I saw it. I need some myself and will probably get it from Franco's if it's available.

+1,Franco's have blue saphir,which I've been planning to order.I have a pair of navy shoes and I use neutral but I think navy polish would work much better.

Wes Bourne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ranker, you can also try Meltonian; I have a jar of their navy shoe cream I picked up at a local drugstore. You can find navy Kiwi wax on ebay.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads