or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › your favorite Dark Brown shoe style
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

your favorite Dark Brown shoe style - Page 2

post #16 of 98
Those Canalis that Cravate Noir was selling.

post #17 of 98
...all kinds and all shades...if I had to pick one it would be the upper-left or the upper-right shoe...
post #18 of 98
What Milosh said. Punchcap oxford first. Those Vass are beauties.

I can't imagine only having one pair of dark brown shoes though, so one should also have a derby.

post #19 of 98
I believe it was Doc that said that the RLPL McKay (EG Asquith) in Dk. Oak on the 888 is perhaps the perfect (brown) shoe: http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8062/12020801pr.jpg
post #20 of 98
How about these:

Sutor Mantellassi Tonal Stitched Oxford.
LL
post #21 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by fritzl View Post
i like their simplicity:


http://cobblersweb.style.coocan.jp/b...s/DSC00036.JPG

Fritzl's Hungarian shoes refined a bit by Marini in Rome.
I prefer three or four eyelets

St Crispin's are bit pointy ( and pricey) for my taste but with a slightly rounder toe
I'd go for them.

http://www.saint-crispins.com/e_pret/images16.html
post #22 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by comrade View Post
http://cobblersweb.style.coocan.jp/b...s/DSC00036.JPG

Fritzl's Hungarian shoes refined a bit by Marini in Rome.
I prefer three or four eyelets

St Crispin's are bit pointy ( and pricey) for my taste but with a slightly rounder toe
I'd go for them.

http://www.saint-crispins.com/e_pret/images16.html

obviously the pictures don't do them really justice. nevermind

like the marini's. no love for the sc.
post #23 of 98
Thread Starter 
Great suggestions so far, guys. Thanks. Pls keep them coming. I'm leaning toward the punched cap oxford or a plain cap oxford. But Teddie's suggestion of a derby, combined w/ woolymammoth's pics, have me looking that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkn View Post
I have not met mine yet, probably will have to go bespoke to get the blackest of brown [or the right patina] possible. One formal and one casual as far as styling, probably. Will remember to post once I have some.
What are your ideas for the two pairs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne View Post
Hmmm, on second glance, I just noticed the punching along the toe cap on those Vass Adelaides could've been more centered between the 2 rows of stitching...
Ya, that's not good.
post #24 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by emptym View Post
Great suggestions so far, guys. Thanks. Pls keep them coming. I'm leaning toward the punched cap oxford or a plain cap oxford.

Voilà:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel222 View Post
Here are the pics from my shoe porn post:



post #25 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne View Post
I believe it was Doc that said that the RLPL McKay (EG Asquith) in Dk. Oak on the 888 is perhaps the perfect (brown) shoe: http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8062/12020801pr.jpg

My first EG...and still the best IMO.

Regards.
post #26 of 98
Martegani brown alligator loafers

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
post #27 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Bourne View Post
I believe it was Doc that said that the RLPL McKay (EG Asquith) in Dk. Oak on the 888 is perhaps the perfect (brown) shoe: http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8062/12020801pr.jpg

+1 on the Asquith. A very close second is the EG Dover in dark oak on the 606 last.
post #28 of 98
For me, it's the EG Dover in Dark Oak on the 606 last.
post #29 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
What Milosh said. Punchcap oxford first. Those Vass are beauties.

I can't imagine only having one pair of dark brown shoes though, so one should also have a derby.


ooh h lord
post #30 of 98
here are some brown beauties:








New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › your favorite Dark Brown shoe style