or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Canada Goose
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Canada Goose - Page 62

post #916 of 1104
Is CG from Altrec (store out of Oregon) authentic? It's no longer listed on CG website as authorized dealers (I think in the past it did), and all their CG stuff is at 30-40% off (red flag?)

Edit: chatted with their live agent, and they said CG took them off the list because they are not carrying new CG this season. They said they'd be on and off at list.
Edited by JChance - 9/23/13 at 9:03am
post #917 of 1104

^Not sure about the US, but CG pretty much never goes on sale publicly (online) in Canada. If  a retailer were to do that w/o CG's authorization, they would be removed from the authorized dealers list.

 

Perhaps they're clearing their remaining stock and no longer want to be a dealer? You should e-mail them.

post #918 of 1104
Some things have started to go sale for the last couple of years here, maybe due to the fast every sport retailer in the city carries CG and Nobia and I highly doubt that there's a market for all those jackets year after year.
post #919 of 1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Some things have started to go sale for the last couple of years here, maybe due to the fast every sport retailer in the city carries CG and Nobia and I highly doubt that there's a market for all those jackets year after year.

Whats the consensus for when to pick up the best deal on CG in US retailers/online retailers? The most I've seen is 50% off, still going on at DJ Bennett. Any veteran wanna pitch in?
post #920 of 1104

Anyone knows how the fitting is for Borden bomber? Fits true to size or do I need to size up/down?

 

Where can I find it in New York? I've tried going to bloomingdale but couldn't find it. (only can see it on their online store)

post #921 of 1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChance View Post

Whats the consensus for when to pick up the best deal on CG in US retailers/online retailers? The most I've seen is 50% off, still going on at DJ Bennett. Any veteran wanna pitch in?

I don't live in the us, so I wouldn't know, but a the end of season, if you want something at a discount.
post #922 of 1104
Altrec is a legitimate retailer of outdoor products. Highly doubt they would sell unauthentic goods. The 50% discount offered by DJ Bennett is about the best I've ever heard of - jump on it.
post #923 of 1104
Forgive my fashion ignorance, but can someone please point me to some stylish alternatives to CG as a starting point? I just moved to Calgary and my assortment of wool overcoats and peacoats seriously ain't gonna cut it. I've got a budget of under $1K. I have trouble finding Moncler stuff that I like. I just want a supercoat that I can basically throw on and not freeze to death. I don't think suggestions like "just layer" "wear a scarf" etc. are always practical, sensible or ideal.

What are some thoughts on the Branta collection? http://www.canada-goose.com/collections/travel/
post #924 of 1104
CG is not a bad choice for Calgary. They mostly look like blacked out parkas which lots of folks wear. Moncler will stand out a lot more both from styling and fabric perspective. Depends a bit on how much time you spend outside as well and whether you wear jackets/suits underneath.

I have a North Face Parka that looks like a CG (except for the logo of course). I use when it gets colder than minus 25 but that honestly does not happen that much anymore. I also have a down Penfield parka for weekends and driving to the ski hill. For most work days I wear a wool coat over suit. Lots of folks just use their warmer ski jacket when it gets colder. It is not a very formal city.
post #925 of 1104

Does anyone know how common folks wear CG in NYC? Thinking of copping a pair but don't want to look like everyone else. My only other option is Moncler but I'm leaning more towards CG due to design wise and CG feels like it can last longer.

post #926 of 1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by malaysian View Post

Does anyone know how common folks wear CG in NYC? Thinking of copping a pair but don't want to look like everyone else. My only other option is Moncler but I'm leaning more towards CG due to design wise and CG feels like it can last longer.

Not sure I understand that.....common folks put the jacket on and zip it up!

Do you mean how common it is to see people in NYC with CG? If so.....people wear CG. You won't be alone.....
post #927 of 1104
Damn plebs putting on coats and zipping them, what's next putting pants on the right way round.

Better wear your coat inside out so people can see you are not commoner.
post #928 of 1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Find Finn View Post

Damn plebs putting on coats and zipping them, what's next putting pants on the right way round.

Better wear your coat inside out so people can see you are not commoner.
Ha
post #929 of 1104

My bad, I meant how "common" it is to see people wearing CG in NYC, not "common folks."

 

Anyway just wondering which bomber jacket is the slimmest- is it the Borden bomber?

 

Singer22 is having 20% storewide but my size is all sold out :(

post #930 of 1104

When's the best time to get a pair of CG? During Black Friday?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Canada Goose