or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Canada Goose
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Canada Goose - Page 60

post #886 of 1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suyi View Post

Goose Goose Duck: Everyone in T.Dot wears the same damn coat:

 



shog%5B1%5D.gif

meh. still don't see what the fuss is about. everyone in the US wears TNF or whatever other brand floats their boat. the fact that someone made a lame rap video about CG speaks volumes about the elitist attitude some people have about clothing.
post #887 of 1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseousclay View Post




meh. still don't see what the fuss is about. everyone in the US wears TNF or whatever other brand floats their boat. the fact that someone made a lame rap video about CG speaks volumes about the elitist attitude some people have about clothing.

 

You should come visit Toronto first.

post #888 of 1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindrop View Post

You should come visit Toronto first.

I believe everyone when they say CG is everywhere in Canada. But, no one really addresses my question with regard to alternatives - what the heck are people in Canada supposed to wear? All I know is that Canada is significantly colder than where I live, yet, there's this idea among hipsters that if you're wearing CG to keep warm then it's played out. if you don't like it don't wear it, but don't judge people for wearing a coat to keep warm. I think some of you are just pissed off because you bought a CG coat, saw some 60 year old granny wearing the same coat and decided it wasn't cool.
post #889 of 1104
I'm wearing uniqlo ultra down under a wool coat and it works for me. And I'm in Quebec.

This is a fucking fashion forum, you expect people to not care about this sort of thing?
post #890 of 1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseousclay View Post


I believe everyone when they say CG is everywhere in Canada. But, no one really addresses my question with regard to alternatives - what the heck are people in Canada supposed to wear? All I know is that Canada is significantly colder than where I live, yet, there's this idea among hipsters that if you're wearing CG to keep warm then it's played out. if you don't like it don't wear it, but don't judge people for wearing a coat to keep warm. I think some of you are just pissed off because you bought a CG coat, saw some 60 year old granny wearing the same coat and decided it wasn't cool.

 

There's many brands of down jackets.

 

There are many ways to keep warm, ex: layers, scarf

 

People choose Canada Goose.

post #891 of 1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseousclay View Post

I believe everyone when they say CG is everywhere in Canada. But, no one really addresses my question with regard to alternatives - what the heck are people in Canada supposed to wear? All I know is that Canada is significantly colder than where I live, yet, there's this idea among hipsters that if you're wearing CG to keep warm then it's played out. if you don't like it don't wear it, but don't judge people for wearing a coat to keep warm. I think some of you are just pissed off because you bought a CG coat, saw some 60 year old granny wearing the same coat and decided it wasn't cool.

I wear my CDW...there you go an alternative.
post #892 of 1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseousclay View Post

I believe everyone when they say CG is everywhere in Canada. But, no one really addresses my question with regard to alternatives - what the heck are people in Canada supposed to wear? All I know is that Canada is significantly colder than where I live, yet, there's this idea among hipsters that if you're wearing CG to keep warm then it's played out. if you don't like it don't wear it, but don't judge people for wearing a coat to keep warm. I think some of you are just pissed off because you bought a CG coat, saw some 60 year old granny wearing the same coat and decided it wasn't cool.

He's referring to Toronto, which is actually a warmer city than Minneapolis.

http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/USMN0503
http://www.weather.com/weather/wxclimatology/monthly/graph/CAXX0504

I don't want to call you ignorant... but Canada has a lot of major cities with warmer climates than a lot of Northern U.S. states do.

I've visited Toronto many times during the winter. His concern is accurate. You walk through a mall there, and everyone is wearing the same jacket.
The weather in Toronto is fairly mild; there's no need for a down jacket 90% of the time.
People in this city are just trendy yuppies with no personality. Moving to Toronto after university produces a lot of blind consumerism among this age group; all so you can fit in with the rest of the new young professionals making their mark in the city. The attitude and the conversations you hear these people have are nauseating - I fully sympathize with anyone getting annoyed at the trendiness of CG jackets in Toronto. It's just the tip of the iceberg.
post #893 of 1104
double.
post #894 of 1104
^I've worn my down jacket like a total of 5-6 times this season. 2 times I was shovelling my drive way. Yes it doesn't get that cold to warrent a down jacket all the time.
post #895 of 1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad-t View Post

I'm wearing uniqlo ultra down under a wool coat and it works for me. And I'm in Quebec.

good for you.
Quote:
This is a fucking fashion forum, you expect people to not care about this sort of thing?

there are plenty of people here that don't care about this sorta of thing. seems like a petty argument to make about a coat. I wear a coat to keep warm, not to please annoying hipsters
post #896 of 1104
we've flushed out the goose guys
post #897 of 1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseousclay View Post


good for you.
there are plenty of people here that don't care about this sorta of thing. seems like a petty argument to make about a coat. I wear a coat to keep warm, not to please annoying hipsters

 

Lots of coats keep you warm. Why aren't those discussed?

post #898 of 1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindrop View Post

Lots of coats keep you warm. Why aren't those discussed?

because a) people either don't know about them b) the other brands people talk about are more expensive than CG and c) the other coats mentioned are ugly. if everyone were to all of a sudden start wearing Moncler I guarantee there would be snarky comments made here about how 'those people' are a bunch of no-good consumers with too much money on their hands. let's be real. the only reason why some of you hate on CG is because you dislike other people wearing the same coat as you. I get it but I don't think it's cause to sneer at people for
post #899 of 1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaseousclay View Post


because a) people either don't know about them b) the other brands people talk about are more expensive than CG and c) the other coats mentioned are ugly. if everyone were to all of a sudden start wearing Moncler I guarantee there would be snarky comments made here about how 'those people' are a bunch of no-good consumers with too much money on their hands. let's be real. the only reason why some of you hate on CG is because you dislike other people wearing the same coat as you. I get it but I don't think it's cause to sneer at people for

 

I actually don't have a CG and will not buy one because of how they treat Canadians. CG regularly goes on sale in the US but it never goes on sale here (CG does not allow retailers to put it on sale) which is disappointing considering it's a "Canadian" company so we actually end up paying more for it despite it being manufactured here.

 

What you're saying is there's no known brands that are the same price as CG and not ugly. There actually are, but I don't want to spoil them in case they become the new CG.

post #900 of 1104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindrop View Post

 

I actually don't have a CG and will not buy one because of how they treat Canadians. CG regularly goes on sale in the US but it never goes on sale here (CG does not allow retailers to put it on sale) which is disappointing considering it's a "Canadian" company so we actually end up paying more for it despite it being manufactured here.

 

Simons ran a 20% off sale on their Canada Goose merchandise in January; your claim is patently untrue.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Canada Goose