or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Canada Goose
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Canada Goose - Page 46

post #676 of 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by althanis View Post

Hi, I just wanted to show how my Chateau size Small fit. I'm about 5'10 and 125 pounds, so I'm pretty skinny. The XS I could barely get the bottom of the zip together to zip it up, so that would have been way too small for me.

You are very slim. I can't really tell by the photo, but knowing your stats, Small seems just right. The Chateau will retail for $695 next season, so it's good you got it when you did.

I'm interested in the Yukon bomber. But only at a great price (Craigslist, Ebay, or here if someone has it). It's crazy overpriced at retail ($625). It was $550 last season.

350
post #677 of 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by blairh View Post


You are very slim. I can't really tell by the photo, but knowing your stats, Small seems just right. The Chateau will retail for $695 next season, so it's good you got it when you did.
I'm interested in the Yukon bomber. But only at a great price (Craigslist, Ebay, or here if someone has it). It's crazy overpriced at retail ($625). It was $550 last season.
350


I checked out both colour-ways at Holt's the other day and they look amazing.

post #678 of 1103
Is there anyone here who owns a yukon bomber in xs? I have a question on sizing.
post #679 of 1103
I'm currently looking for a Langford Parka. It seems similar to the Chateau but is a bit longer, doesn't have outer buttons, and has two mid-level hand-warmer pockets in addition to two lower pockets. Both the Chateau and Langford are slim insulated fits.

Langford
20111110154421332.jpg

Chateau
Canada%20Goose%20Men%20Chateau%20navy.jpg
post #680 of 1103
Anyone know what the equivalent size in adult is for a Boys Large?
post #681 of 1103

Wow, I've been researching down coats for awhile now and this thread is the best info out there for CG.  Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post!

 

After tons of research I decided on the CG Ontario in Large.  I decided on Large after trying on a too tight fitting Medium CG (but another model) at Neimann.  Not many CG's to be found around here in St. Louis!  I'm 5'10", 175, EDIT: 43 Chest- 36 Waist.  Let me tell you, when it arrived yesterday it was apparent I ordered the wrong size and it wasn't even close!  Literally, my girlfriend and I fit into the jacket at the same time AND zipped it up without putting strain on the zipper or fabric.

 

I'm wanting to order a replacement Ontario or Chateau or Langford but now I'm scared to order a second CG!  The sizing seems so very inconsistent.  I thought a Chateau in Med but Blairh has me concerned it will be too small.  I'll typically wear business casual oxfords sometimes sport coat underneath and not concerned about layering.

 

Other brands/models I'm looking at that no one else in this thread has mentioned-

TNF Stone Sentinel ~$200: I ordered to compare side-by-side versus domestic models

Woolrich John Rich and Bros Arctic or Polar Parka: Made in Canada or USA models...about same prices as CG

 

 

 


Edited by sdiver68 - 1/29/12 at 9:35am
post #682 of 1103
TNF is pretty common and I think their cuts aren't very flattering.

When ordering or buying CG jackets, you have to take the type of fit into account.

For example:

Relaxed Insulated (heavy duty jackets like the Heli-Arctic, Expedition, Snow Mantra, etc) are the largest fits. You usually have to size down two sizes to be TTS.

Regular Insulated (Chilliwack, Constable, Ontario, etc): usually have to size down one size for TTS

Slim Insulated
(Banff, Calgary, Chateau, Yukon, etc): usually TTS

In terms of warmth, it probably goes: Relaxed insulated > Regular insulated > Slim insulated
post #683 of 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdiver68 View Post

Wow, I've been researching down coats for awhile now and this thread is the best info out there for CG.  Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post!

After tons of research I decided on the CG Ontario in Large.  I decided on Large after trying on a too tight fitting Medium CG (but another model) at Neimann.  Not many CG's to be found around here in St. Louis!  I'm 5'10", 175, 42 Chest- 34 Waist.  Let me tell you, when it arrived yesterday it was apparent I ordered the wrong size and it wasn't even close!  Literally, my girlfriend and I fit into the jacket at the same time AND zipped it up without putting strain on the zipper or fabric.

I'm wanting to order a replacement Ontario or Chateau or Langford but now I'm scared to order a second CG!  The sizing seems so very inconsistent.  I thought a Chateau in Med but Blairh has me concerned it will be too small.  I'll typically wear business casual oxfords sometimes sport coat underneath and not concerned about layering.

Other brands/models I'm looking at that no one else in this thread has mentioned-
TNF Stone Sentinel ~$200: I ordered to compare side-by-side versus domestic models
Woolrich John Rich and Bros Arctic or Polar Parka: Made in Canada or USA models...about same prices as CG



Hi. Um, you are a Large in both the Ontario and Chateau. I now have both coats myself and both in Large. I'm 2" taller than you, roughly your weight, a 40" chest, and 32" waist. With a sweater, suit, hoody, or any type of layer, it is the perfect size. Both the regular and slim fits are TTS. That's coming from Canada Goose, not me.

I think your problem is that you don't really plan on layering much under the coat itself. I had a Medium Chateau and it would have been just fine had I planned on wearing light layers under the coat at all times (essentially what you plan on doing). But I layer in the winter, so Medium wasn't going to cut it for me.

I'd like to know what model exactly you tried on that you felt was too tight in Medium (and what you were wearing when you tried the coat on). What's your body type? If you have a little bit of a gut (or if you are really muscular) then the slim fit coats might not be a great fit for you. They are ideal fit wise for people with slim or athletic builds.

While you probably won't agree, the Large would suit you fine (Ontario or Chateau) if you were going to layer. But seeing as you aren't, you will be all set in a Medium in whatever you opt for (as long as it's not an Expedition or Heli-Arctic).
post #684 of 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdBird View Post

Relaxed Insulated (heavy duty jackets like the Heli-Arctic, Expedition, Snow Mantra, etc) are the largest fits. You usually have to size down two sizes to be TTS.
Regular Insulated (Chilliwack, Constable, Ontario, etc): usually have to size down one size for TTS

Slim Insulated
(Banff, Calgary, Chateau, Yukon, etc): usually TTS
In terms of warmth, it probably goes: Relaxed insulated > Regular insulated > Slim insulated

The CSR on Canada Goose's Facebook wall has said several times these past months that regular fit coats are supposed to be TTS. If you don't plan on layering much then you can probably get away with sizing down one size for both slim and regular fits.

Also, here is a sizing chart that backs up my words.

175
post #685 of 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by blairh View Post

The CSR on Canada Goose's Facebook wall has said several times these past months that regular fit coats are supposed to be TTS. If you don't plan on layering much then you can probably get away with sizing down one size for both slim and regular fits.
Also, here is a sizing chart that backs up my words.
175

Well, what I posted was just my opinion. I don't usually layer that much (usually a button down and rarely a sweater) so I like slimmer-fitting profiles.
post #686 of 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdBird View Post

Well, what I posted was just my opinion. I don't usually layer that much (usually a button down and rarely a sweater) so I like slimmer-fitting profiles.

I understand. And I in turn am just sharing my personal experience and what I've picked up the past few months.
post #687 of 1103
Different coats for different folks. wink.gif

I hope there's an end-of-season clear out of CG jackets.
post #688 of 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdBird View Post

Different coats for different folks. wink.gif
I hope there's an end-of-season clear out of CG jackets.

Peter Glenn had the Citadel on sale for a few days last week. I'm guessing some American retailers will put their CG gear on sale but not till later in the winter or the spring.
post #689 of 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by blairh View Post

Peter Glenn had the Citadel on sale for a few days last week. I'm guessing some American retailers will put their CG gear on sale but not till later in the winter or the spring.

Oh? How much was it? Keep me updated on any sales, please. smile.gif
post #690 of 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by NerdBird View Post

Oh? How much was it? Keep me updated on any sales, please. smile.gif

It was $495. Limited sizes and colors.

Did you sell your Manitoba and Constable? Why do you want another Canada Goose coat? Are you going to sell them?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Streetwear and Denim
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Streetwear and Denim › Canada Goose