Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Visit to Chan for first real suit
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Visit to Chan for first real suit - Page 5

post #61 of 71
Didn't someone once post a picture of a bespoke with a full sized magazine pocket? (magazine for reading, not for shooting )
post #62 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by new obsession
Didn't someone once post a picture of a bespoke with a full sized magazine pocket? (magazine for reading, not for shooting )
I'm considering magazine pockets for all bespoke suit purchases. If anyone has a comment on how they wear, I'd be much obliged.

Tom
post #63 of 71
The suit and shirt both look really nice. I didn't know Chan could readily do slim suits like this...all the ones I've seen before are a major traditional, fuller fit. Also, the shoulder padding on your suit isn't as much as most Chan's I've seen. One minor criticism: you seem to be struggling to show cuff. Under normal activity, the cuff might disappear. Maybe it's more due to the length of the shirt sleeves - they're shorter than standard...but I personally like them that length. If it were my outfit, I'd shorten the jacket sleeves and keep wearing shirts with that sleeve length. And a question...if I wanted to order a Jantzen shirt that fit as snugly as this Chan shirt Kent is wearing, should I specify the "tight" fit? This is slimmest fitting real-life, not-pinned shirt photo I've seen and it looks pretty good.
post #64 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdsvs
One minor criticism: you seem to be struggling to show cuff. Under normal activity, the cuff might disappear. Maybe it's more due to the length of the shirt sleeves - they're shorter than standard...but I personally like them that length. If it were my outfit, I'd shorten the jacket sleeves and keep wearing shirts with that sleeve length.
I usually get the shirt sleeves made a bit longer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdsvs
And a question...if I wanted to order a Jantzen shirt that fit as snugly as this Chan shirt Kent is wearing, should I specify the "tight" fit? This is slimmest fitting real-life, not-pinned shirt photo I've seen and it looks pretty good.
This is a copy of a shirt from Jantzen, with which I always specify the "tight" fit. I think the back fits a little better than my Jantzens because Chan put in some darts in the back.
post #65 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang View Post




I decided to add a bit of roping on the shoulders. The shirt is also by Chan.

The roll of the lapel is nice but is not quite as big (i.e. the diameter of the roll) as I've seen elsewhere. Is the size of the roll dependent on the fabric, e.g. a thicker fabric like tweed would be able to form a much bigger roll than with a thinner worsted?

Do the trousers look like they could be cut slimmer, or are they just right? Any other thoughts on the fit?

Sorry for bumping such a old thread, but I got some questions for you. Did you asked them to make your trouser slimmer? It doesn't seem fitted and it appears that there is a bit of fabric; at least that's what I see in the pics. How slim can they make your trouser if you request it to be slim or fitted?
post #66 of 71
Thread Starter 
Yes, the trousers were made slimmer than they were initially. I feel it is a good fit; any slimmer and it would be too tight and be unbalanced with the jacket. Chan can certainly make anything you desire, though you may need to be firm and insistent at times.
post #67 of 71
Hmm, I like the slim cut and the close fitting nature of the shirt. However, I don't particularly like the idea of darts on the shirt. I find that darts are uncomfortable when they rub and chafe against the skin and that they are more commonly found in female blouses. My two cents.
post #68 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Wang View Post
Yes, the trousers were made slimmer than they were initially. I feel it is a good fit; any slimmer and it would be too tight and be unbalanced with the jacket.

Chan can certainly make anything you desire, though you may need to be firm and insistent at times.

Do you think you can take a new picture of your slim trousers?
post #69 of 71
I thought the trousers looked really good in the pictures Kent posted -- I'd certainly qualify them as slim.
post #70 of 71
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
Do you think you can take a new picture of your slim trousers?
I meant that at the first fitting they were not as slim. These photos are of the trousers in their final form, after modification.
post #71 of 71
I recently had my first suit done by WW Chan in Shanghai. Overall experience and outcome was good. A few issues need to be worked out and I will know for next time where to emphasize more (tighter sleeves, padding, pants..).

One issue I really struggled to communicate and get the expected outcome was waist suppression. I have a fairly flat belly so I believe I can get nice waist suppression without showing pulling at the front. I have a couple of RTW suits and one MTM which show some nice figure.

What and when should I tell Chan to do so as to get the figure I want?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Visit to Chan for first real suit