Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 1/16/17 at 7:03pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6667post #99991 of 1090539/23/14 at 9:21pmpost #99992 of 1090539/23/14 at 9:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by dieworkwear
Looks like someone built a Grailed knock off and immediately got hit with a DMCA
Hilarious, seeing that Grailed built it's user base by breaking the rules of just about every menswear forum, and using the PM systems to promote their product.
Maybe I should sue Grailed. Our IP lawyer tells me that there is a pretty good chance that we would win as well.post #99993 of 1090539/23/14 at 9:35pmpost #99994 of 1090539/23/14 at 9:38pmpost #99995 of 1090539/23/14 at 9:41pmpost #99996 of 1090539/23/14 at 9:54pmQuote:
I've submitted a tentative size filter, and we plan to make the category and size filters both mandatory. This should make filtering signiticantly easier. A brand filter is not very realistic, given the fluidity in brands, but I've also asked that the search in B&S be shored up in the upcoming development.
Since we do not process any payments, we still have to rely on sellers to actually close their listings when they are finished. We recently appointed a B&S tsar, @marblehouse, who has clearned up a lot of those. He is a pretty solid guy. If anyone wants to be in charge of moderating B&S: Streetwear&Denim, I'd be happy to hear from volunteeers.
Fok.post #99997 of 1090539/23/14 at 9:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by dieworkwear
Looks like someone built a Grailed knock off and immediately got hit with a DMCA
So according to that link Grailed claims that it holds the copyright to the phrase "make an offer"? hahahahapost #99998 of 1090539/23/14 at 10:02pmQuote:
I dunno. I just thought that it was pretty shady to grow a userbase by violating the ToS of pretty much every menswear site out there. I emailed the owner of grailed to stop using our site in violation of our ToS, and banned his account here, which he had set up for exactly that reason, when someone forwarded me his PM.
We don't look at PMs, but it would be pretty easy to query the database for his activity, on an account associated with his email address.
It's a decent website, but the guy is not all aboveboard, and has definitely done some shady stuff. That's the root of my animosity for him, personally. Creating a cool product is a good thing. Trying to screw other people in order to promote yourself, that's not okay by me.post #99999 of 1090539/23/14 at 10:05pmYeah I saw the thing on reddit about the guy that made a competitor to grailed and got the DMCA. Honestly sounded like baseless bullying. I doubt there's much legal ground, but for the guy who's just trying to help people sell their unwanted clothes and made a website to do so (the competitor), I'm sure it wasn't a high priority to find a lawyer and see whether it was warranted or not.post #100000 of 1090539/23/14 at 10:06pmpost #100001 of 1090539/23/14 at 10:09pmYeah I have sent you other PMs before about supposed brand ambassadors trying to get my personal info. and send me ware to try for "free"
I know you talked about how much resource Styleforum has to offer and the amount of traffic the site generates. What's the hold up of doing something about it? Is it the lack of manpower to manage the website, or costs?post #100002 of 1090539/23/14 at 10:15pm
@nicelynice I went to a silk garment manufacturers production area when I was in india. That stuff was so cool. Similar punch cards used and the silk used was raw. I have a scarf made there and a kurta. They are gorgeous.post #100003 of 1090539/23/14 at 10:19pmQuote:Originally Posted by gettoasty
Yeah I have sent you other PMs before about supposed brand ambassadors trying to get my personal info. and send me ware to try for "free"
I know you talked about how much resource Styleforum has to offer and the amount of traffic the site generates. What's the hold up of doing something about it? Is it the lack of manpower to manage the website, or costs?
I suppose that you are talking about the B&S part of the forum, right?
It's a couple of things. First of all, we don't have our own, dedicated developer. We have a hosted solution, which means that we share resources. The good is that we are considerably more insulated against things like attacks, breakdowns, etc... The bad is that we can't just say "Do this", and have someone do something immediately. The other thing is that it's harder to change an existing software than to build a new one since all the pieces have to play nicely with the others. So, it's organizational iertia coupled with technical difficulty.
Anyway, hopefully we will get some changes in the platform soon.post #100004 of 1090539/23/14 at 10:21pmQuote:
Yeah, that is completely against the rules, but it doesn't stop people from trying. Reputable companies contact us directly, but there are a lot of shady PR firms out there.post #100005 of 1090539/23/14 at 10:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by Krish the Fish
Yeah I saw the thing on reddit about the guy that made a competitor to grailed and got the DMCA. Honestly sounded like baseless bullying. I doubt there's much legal ground, but for the guy who's just trying to help people sell their unwanted clothes and made a website to do so (the competitor), I'm sure it wasn't a high priority to find a lawyer and see whether it was warranted or not.
It's 2014, and unfortunately, because of stuff like this, everyone who decides to make something online should have an IP lawyer on speed dial. Some people feel that the best way to get rid of the competition is by first trying to scare them, and if that doesn't work, to litigate the crap out of them. A lot of times, lawsuits end not in a judgement, but because the bigger company has bankrupted the smaller company with legal fees. Of course, if it's a completely baseless claim, and the smaller party is lucky enough to get it to a favorable judgement, the court can order the other party to pay all the legal fees, which seems only fair.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 2 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 9 minutes ago
- › John Lobb Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 16 minutes ago
- › 5th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...