Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/1/17 at 7:56pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6619post #99271 of 1090539/3/14 at 3:54pmpost #99272 of 1090539/3/14 at 4:44pmQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
Missed your chance. @Synthese
is scheduled for a change of scenery, and will next be seen at Bread&Butter, in Barcelona. Hopefully I will be there too, Then Synth will write stuff like "after having to endure Fok's bloviating about the plight oc Chinese migrant workers in Europe over a two hour dinner, he and Jen went back to the hotel, and at last, I could say "shit fuck dick cunt bitch asshole," like I'd wanted to all night to him. After getting that out of the system, I went and got royally wasted."
imagine how much better this story would be if i was in itpost #99273 of 1090539/3/14 at 4:45pmpost #99274 of 1090539/3/14 at 6:01pmpost #99275 of 1090539/3/14 at 6:57pmQuote:
Yeah, and for some products that's effective enough, but a third party editorial can create some additional context that can be just as much a selling point as the product itself, and at the very least, can be more interesting to look at than stock/lookbook photos.post #99276 of 1090539/3/14 at 7:18pmThread Starterpost #99277 of 1090539/3/14 at 8:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by iamacyborg
The fact that you're not journalists, or trying to pretend you are like so many bloggers out there works in your favour. I'm not saying you guys should be doing advertorial and pretending it's not paid content, I'm just saying that I think you guys should do more advertorial.
A brand paying you to share their cool stories with us sounds like a win/win situation to me.
I've not heard of Antenna, will have to see what they're doing.
One thing that we've been exploring, behind the scenes, are contests with giveaways. Not "product for review", but just... product. It's relatively inexpensive, especially for designer brands, and it's great marketing, as long as you have an interesting hook. Mainly, I've been thinking about doing campaigns like this mainly because I like free stuff. Unfortunately, the very guidelines I drew up would preclude me from actually getting anything :(post #99278 of 1090539/3/14 at 8:28pmQuote:
Wow, how did you find out about the Fall/Winter 2015/16 collection so soon?
Do you work for RO?
The shirting fabrics for F/W 2015/16 take place in September 2014- I read the reviews to decide to burn any £££ on new bespoke shirts - only 2 this year so far, but if the next shows have nice shirtings I'll order some in Jan 2015:)post #99279 of 1090539/3/14 at 8:37pmQuote:
Yes, he is Rick Owens' PR agent, and works with numerous celebrities - including Ryan Gosling - as a stylist. What he hears is usually accurate, too. If you PM him, he's probably happy to share more.post #99280 of 1090539/3/14 at 9:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by futuresailors
Yeah, and for some products that's effective enough, but a third party editorial can create some additional context that can be just as much a selling point as the product itself, and at the very least, can be more interesting to look at than stock/lookbook photos.
The current mechanism is an interesting way to let people 'shill' without getting caught up in the shilling. It's a great idea. I agree with you though, there is definitely other potential. If something doesn't work, you can always undo it. I doubt they'd lose much readership.
"Fear is the mind killer." (DFW?)Quote:
You're a sick sick sick man.post #99281 of 1090539/3/14 at 9:33pmpost #99282 of 1090539/3/14 at 10:44pmpost #99283 of 1090539/4/14 at 2:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Teger
I think our entire editorial team has worked/works in higher education, so...
What we do well -- at least in my eyes -- is walk a fine line between using our connections to get access and abusing our connections to make a profit. StyleForum is a business, but I believe we handle our editorial side very ethically. There have been brands that have offered me free products in exchange for writing them up, but I've always turned them down.
It's also nice to see how over the last few years the site has become much more known. Three years ago when I'd approach designers and mention I'm from StyleForum and they'd look at me with blank, puzzled expression, but now, more often than not, their reaction is "oh yea I read your site all the time." Our readership numbers open a lot of doors, but at the same time we don't take that next step where we trade pageviews for thinly veiled "editorials" that are nothing more than product placement. When I rave about something I saw at Geller and like it's because I liked it -- not because he's paying me.
What kind of content would people like to see though? Unfortunately my schedule doesn't really allow me to travel that much these days, but hey virtual world and all.
At least for the editorial, please keep turning down those freebies. To be honest I think that the community can sniff out stealth marketing etc. Plus there's plenty of affiliate/fanboy threads if you want a rose-colored-glasses view.
As for editorial, I'd like to see more interviews with designers at the same time they release their seasonal collections. And not just designers per se, but also with people like Christian from Left Field, who ever chooses Gitman's fabrics etc.post #99284 of 1090539/4/14 at 5:58ampost #99285 of 1090539/4/14 at 6:46am
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 14 seconds ago
- › How to style a gilet, down vest or bodywarmer 38 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 3 minutes ago
- › Zam Barrett Dialogue/ Zfactorie - Official Affiliate Thread. 4 minutes ago
- › whnay.'s good taste thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › A weird question, in which of the following scenarios you would... 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 7 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...