Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 11/29/16 at 11:24pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6617post #99241 of 1090539/3/14 at 12:38pmpost #99242 of 1090539/3/14 at 12:54pmFrom my perspective, it's great (duh) to hear that people are interested in an increase in the editorial content. I don't think it's a secret that I dislike the current thread-based system, so I'm looking forward to there being a more dedicated outlet, as things definitely get buried quickly. Of course, I'm also pretty gosh-darn excited to start getting more SF content out, and even if I can't speak for Fok, @unbelragazzo, and @Teger, I'm always happy to hear about things you guys would like to see from us. Artsy fashion monologues, maybe - Fok posing in capes at Pitti, David playing the bongos in Rick, Teger walking his dog, etc.post #99243 of 1090539/3/14 at 12:56pm
I was trying to figure out what I could even do if I wanted to work for SF.
write well researched academic papers
pretend I'm an intern and play games on my phone
furiously email people trying to look relevant
be sad I'm not Synth.
That's about it.post #99244 of 1090539/3/14 at 12:57pmpost #99245 of 1090539/3/14 at 1:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by iamacyborg
I think you might be wrong there to some extent, you've got all the affiliate stuff going on, I'm sure a lot of them would want to pay a small fee to receive that extra level of promotion in a newsletter. It's not about what subscribers can buy from you, it's about what they can buy from your partners, all you should be worrying about is making sure the content we're being sent on a regular basis is good.
Whatever happens, I'm sure you'll do it right.
Yeah, we will do that too, but in a way that is entertaining, or at least informative.
We are not "fashion journalists", but we do adhere to the highest ethical standards for content. We will only do that type of sponsored promotion if it is explicitly noted as such. That said, I think that sponsored promotions can be pretty captivating. I mean, put it this way - I read Hypebeast regularly, and I know, for a fact, that a fair bit of that content is for payment in cash or in kind. But it doesn't dilute from the fact that there are cool "stories" about brands and items that I would not otherwise have checked out. Same goes for a lot of the fashion "periodicals" out there. Probably chief among these is Antenna. The point is that the Japanese have been doing this in a cool way forever. There is no reason that we can't, as well.post #99246 of 1090539/3/14 at 1:10pmQuote:
That is more or less what I dopost #99247 of 1090539/3/14 at 1:22pmQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
Yeah, we will do that too, but in a way that is entertaining, or at least informative.
We are not "fashion journalists", but we do adhere to the highest ethical standards for content. We will only do that type of sponsored promotion if it is explicitly noted as such. That said, I think that sponsored promotions can be pretty captivating. I mean, put it this way - I read Hypebeast regularly, and I know, for a fact, that a fair bit of that content is for payment in cash or in kind. But it doesn't dilute from the fact that there are cool "stories" about brands and items that I would not otherwise have checked out. Same goes for a lot of the fashion "periodicals" out there. Probably chief among these is Antenna. The point is that the Japanese have been doing this in a cool way forever. There is no reason that we can't, as well.
The fact that you're not journalists, or trying to pretend you are like so many bloggers out there works in your favour. I'm not saying you guys should be doing advertorial and pretending it's not paid content, I'm just saying that I think you guys should do more advertorial.
A brand paying you to share their cool stories with us sounds like a win/win situation to me.
I've not heard of Antenna, will have to see what they're doing.post #99248 of 1090539/3/14 at 1:46pmpost #99249 of 1090539/3/14 at 1:55pmpost #99250 of 1090539/3/14 at 2:02pmpost #99251 of 1090539/3/14 at 2:03pmpost #99252 of 1090539/3/14 at 2:07pm
I'd been wondering for a while why there hasn't been much in the way of advertorial content. Seems like it would be a no brainer source of revenue/entertainment/information. win/win/win indeed.
A newsletter with Synth ramblings, good editorials and cool pictures? Would read repeatedly.
And if you guys need help with proofreading or copy editing for the newsletter, I'd be happy to lend a hand. I'd like to think @Teger could vouch for me in that department.post #99253 of 1090539/3/14 at 2:09pmpost #99254 of 1090539/3/14 at 2:27pmpost #99255 of 1090539/3/14 at 2:36pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
- › Recommend me boots for driving 35 seconds ago
- › Riccardo Bestetti Bespoke projects. 2 minutes ago
- › Backpack: Need, but Do Not Like 4 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Wardrobe questions 26 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 27 minutes ago
- › Gentleman's boots for motorbike riding - newbie 28 minutes ago
- › I need someone to tell me to keep this! 31 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 33 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway