and yet thamanyah is still on the stock list
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 7/5/15 at 12:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:57 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/20/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6615post #99211 of 1090549/1/14 at 10:26pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #99212 of 1090549/1/14 at 10:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by LA Guy
Yes, Styleforum gets money for each pageview, for ads like those served up by adsense. All non-direct advertising comes under one of three categories. CPM is the most common form of payout, and it is the revenue per 1000 impressions. Then there are CPC ads, or revenue per click, and the revenue per earned commission. Like pretty much any decent sized site that has professional people running the ad feeds, our ad people try to optimize between the three sources of revenue. It's obviously not an exact science.
Ad revenues are pretty much how any internet media and social media site survives/thrives/makes a billion dollars. Obviously, it would be great if you would whitelist Styleforum. We already forego a far bit of ad revenue by not allowing interactive ads, autoplay ads, etc... that are now the norm across the space, to make Styleforum a good experience for anyone who comes to the site.Quote:
Honestly SF is pretty good about not pushing ads. I rarely pay attention to them but they definitely don't hinder my sf experience. Hence, its all good sf make some ad revenue.post #99213 of 1090549/2/14 at 1:00ampost #99214 of 1090549/2/14 at 1:09amUse the little flag in the bottom left corner of the post and mark it as spam. (already did, so no need to do it).
I get the strangest add's on the mobile site and neither of them have anything to do with fashion.post #99215 of 1090549/2/14 at 9:04amQuote:
Mobile is a slightly different beast. A lot of the ads are geographically targetted, so you might get something that is in. Also, "programmatic" buying, which cis the trend in ad sales right now, tries to target you, the person, rather than you, the person looking at a fashion site. It usually works by looking at a user, and gambling that he might be, based on his cookies and his location, that he might be, say, a male in his early 30s, single or newly married, with a household income of about $120K, working in a creative field. So, the networks do a real time auction for your attention, and the winner serves you up an ad that has been popular with a profile similar to the profile that they have of you. Of course, like any model, there is always plenty of fail.
Also, because mobile tends to lead to shorter sessions and lower rates of engagement with the ad, especially in the purchasing category, it's a lot cheaper, and so small players that would otherwise not be able to afford big online buys can get in on the game.post #99216 of 1090549/2/14 at 1:20pmpost #99217 of 1090549/2/14 at 10:27pmpost #99218 of 1090549/3/14 at 7:11ampost #99219 of 1090549/3/14 at 7:16ampost #99220 of 1090549/3/14 at 7:20ampost #99221 of 1090549/3/14 at 8:23ampost #99222 of 1090549/3/14 at 8:26ampost #99223 of 1090549/3/14 at 8:30ampost #99224 of 1090549/3/14 at 9:49amQuote:Originally Posted by sephor1
Can someone advise please?
I have a Stanley van Buren. I have become obsessed with Stanley van Buren. And i have been discreetly stalking Stanley van Buren. "Passing by" Stanley van Buren's house to see from the streets if Stanley van Buren's car is there (i.e. Stanley van Buren's in and not out), passing by Stanley van Buren's office to see if lights are on, anonymized phone calls, etc. I saw Stanley van Buren once, but I think Stanley van Buren didn't see me....so I am reasonably sure Stanley van Buren is unaware I am stalking Stanley van Buren...
Stanley van Buren is pretty good in replying promptly to emails.
however, over the past 2 weeks, Stanley van Buren has ignored 3 e-mails from me. Today's email: "Are you alive?".....ignored for the last 3 hours.
What conclusions can I draw? Is Stanley van Buren avoding me? does Stanley van Buren know i'm stalking him?
I am going insane, please help me.
PS I suspect Stanley van Buren has had, and perhaps is still having, a liaison with my wife...and I need to get to the bottom of this.
ftfypost #99225 of 1090549/3/14 at 10:36amQuote:Originally Posted by sephor1
listen, this is no joking matter.
Also, i have moved on past Stanley van Buren. since the start of this year, since last Feb for sure. stanley means nothing to me anymore. nothing! even stanley knows that! but he is putting on a brave face to save his pride...he knows there are bigger fish than him in the sea...
but I am seriously concerned. it's been 4 hours! no reply to my "are you alive!!?!?!?" email! i mean, how can someone not hit reply, type "busy now, talk later", and press reply?!?!?!
something is going on. I am afraid I may have slipped in my stalking and he may have discovered what I am up to...i need to figure out. last i know, my stalking revealed last Friday he was alive and laughing and getting on the train with his wife.
before i go electronic with taping gps relayers in my wife's handbag and what not...i need to understand this gentleman's behaviour. please help me!!!
It's an email, not a phone call, ffs.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 57 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › Truman Boots 6 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 9 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 11 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 22 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 32 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...