Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 2/9/16 at 4:10pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...
Last edited: 10/22/15
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?Last edited: 1/27/16
- Can the Waistband from Selvedge Jeans be taken in?Last edited: 1/27/16
- A Passion for Denim: The Story of Rivet & HideLast edited: 12/7/15
- Fok's Picks: The Five Best Denim Stores (That You Can Also...Last edited: 12/9/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6586post #98776 of 1090548/18/14 at 1:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #98777 of 1090548/18/14 at 11:11amthis is about women's but it's still really interesting and worth a read. cathy horyn also takes aim at hedi slimane again, not in an aggressive way, just pointing out what his role is in fashion today: http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/commercialization-of-high-fashion-hedi-slimane-ysl-nicolas-ghesquiere-louis-vuitton/?_php=true&_type=blogs&smid=tw-tmagazine&_r=0post #98778 of 1090548/18/14 at 12:37pmpost #98779 of 1090548/18/14 at 1:22pmpost #98780 of 1090548/18/14 at 2:09pmQuote:
Anything else good at this spot? It's literally around the corner from my office. Have to check it out.
Today for lunch I had the spicy & sour lamb dumplings from Xian, which is pretty close by. So goooood.
I think my favorite Japanese curry is Go Go Curry. It's kinda cheap and kitschy and obviously not as sophisticated as Curry-ya, but I don't even care. The curry flavor and hot sauce are just spot on for me. Curry-ya is still awesome though.post #98781 of 1090548/18/14 at 2:12pmSticky rice from Shanghai cafe is pretty good. Besides that, i've found it to be just ok besides the soup dumplings (which are totally amazing), though that might be my own personal taste.
Bossanova ramen is also right there. I got a pretty good cup of cold beet/roasted garlic noodles at smorgasburg this sunday and it was weird but pretty good and I want to check out their main store.
X'ian is good (been to the one on the UWS) but so goddamn heavy. I can't imagine eating there for lunch during the workweek.post #98782 of 1090548/18/14 at 2:33pm
I really wanted dumplings when I was in NYC this weekend. Did.not.eat.them.
Ended up on a tinder adventure instead thanks to friends that got on my phone over lunch. It was a pretty hilarious night. Walks of shame are the best when you have no fucking clue where you are and where the subway is.post #98783 of 1090548/18/14 at 2:34pmpost #98784 of 1090548/18/14 at 2:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Biggskip
Some of the CM guys having a little fun at our expense.
I wish they made it in blue.post #98785 of 1090548/18/14 at 3:06pm@pickpackpockpuck, their rice cake dishes are pretty solid and their scallion pancakes are decent.
I really love the noodle soups at:
Tasty Hand-Pulled Noodles
1 Doyers St
Btwn Bowery & Pell St
and the dumplings from:
Lam Zhou Handmade Noodle
144 E Broadway
Btwn Pike St & Rutgers St
along with the Mount Qi beef noodle soup from:
26 Eldridge St
Btwn Canal St & Division St
Also on noodles:
102 Noodles Town (Formerly Big Wing Wong)
102 Mott St
Btwn Canal St & Hester St
Makes one of my favorite wonton noodle soups and their 'Pork With Thousand Year Egg Congee' is easily the best congee in Chinatown.
There used to be this place on the corner of Pell St & Mott St that made ridiculously good Chinese Almond Tofu that was served chilled but I don't know what happened to them. Now you can barely find this except during Dim Sum hours in certain restaurants.
Edited by willy cheesesteak - 8/18/14 at 9:54pmpost #98786 of 1090548/18/14 at 3:24pm@pickpackpockpuck, not related to NYC food recommendations, but I just finished rereading A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. I think it'd been a solid decade since I first read it. I was simultaneously amazed at how much I remembered and how much I'd forgotten.post #98787 of 1090548/18/14 at 5:35pmthanks for the all chinatown food recs. I've tried some and missed others. tasty hand-pulled noodle is a regular spot, though I find it can be way too greasy if I get the fried noodles. never loved super taste, but it's the favorite for some of my coworkers. will add the spots I've missed to the lunch list.
notwithit -- yeah, I hear ya. I don't think the plot is super memorable or anything, especially to a kid of 16-20, which I'm guessing you were a decade ago, if not younger (never know how old people are on here, except that they're usually younger than me). hope you liked it though. I know it's not a book a lot of people love. for me the draw is the prose. still think it's the best English prose I've read. it's so consistently excellent too, and the structure is flawless. the book is like a diamond.
I'm reading Moby Dick now for my second time and there are spots where the language is really extraordinary, especially all the soliloquies, but then there are also those extended reveries on cetology and philosophizing and those lose me. it's so good and then so boring at turns. what a weird book...post #98788 of 1090548/18/14 at 5:37pmpost #98789 of 1090548/18/14 at 5:38pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- Are APCs a good starter pair of raw denim jeans?
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 11 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 27 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 31 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 3 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?