Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 7/5/15 at 12:08pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:38 pm in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/20/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6586post #98776 of 1090548/18/14 at 1:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #98777 of 1090548/18/14 at 11:11amthis is about women's but it's still really interesting and worth a read. cathy horyn also takes aim at hedi slimane again, not in an aggressive way, just pointing out what his role is in fashion today: http://tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/08/18/commercialization-of-high-fashion-hedi-slimane-ysl-nicolas-ghesquiere-louis-vuitton/?_php=true&_type=blogs&smid=tw-tmagazine&_r=0post #98778 of 1090548/18/14 at 12:37pmpost #98779 of 1090548/18/14 at 1:22pmpost #98780 of 1090548/18/14 at 2:09pmQuote:
Anything else good at this spot? It's literally around the corner from my office. Have to check it out.
Today for lunch I had the spicy & sour lamb dumplings from Xian, which is pretty close by. So goooood.
I think my favorite Japanese curry is Go Go Curry. It's kinda cheap and kitschy and obviously not as sophisticated as Curry-ya, but I don't even care. The curry flavor and hot sauce are just spot on for me. Curry-ya is still awesome though.post #98781 of 1090548/18/14 at 2:12pmSticky rice from Shanghai cafe is pretty good. Besides that, i've found it to be just ok besides the soup dumplings (which are totally amazing), though that might be my own personal taste.
Bossanova ramen is also right there. I got a pretty good cup of cold beet/roasted garlic noodles at smorgasburg this sunday and it was weird but pretty good and I want to check out their main store.
X'ian is good (been to the one on the UWS) but so goddamn heavy. I can't imagine eating there for lunch during the workweek.post #98782 of 1090548/18/14 at 2:33pm
I really wanted dumplings when I was in NYC this weekend. Did.not.eat.them.
Ended up on a tinder adventure instead thanks to friends that got on my phone over lunch. It was a pretty hilarious night. Walks of shame are the best when you have no fucking clue where you are and where the subway is.post #98783 of 1090548/18/14 at 2:34pmpost #98784 of 1090548/18/14 at 2:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by Biggskip
Some of the CM guys having a little fun at our expense.
I wish they made it in blue.post #98785 of 1090548/18/14 at 3:06pm@pickpackpockpuck, their rice cake dishes are pretty solid and their scallion pancakes are decent.
I really love the noodle soups at:
Tasty Hand-Pulled Noodles
1 Doyers St
Btwn Bowery & Pell St
and the dumplings from:
Lam Zhou Handmade Noodle
144 E Broadway
Btwn Pike St & Rutgers St
along with the Mount Qi beef noodle soup from:
26 Eldridge St
Btwn Canal St & Division St
Also on noodles:
102 Noodles Town (Formerly Big Wing Wong)
102 Mott St
Btwn Canal St & Hester St
Makes one of my favorite wonton noodle soups and their 'Pork With Thousand Year Egg Congee' is easily the best congee in Chinatown.
There used to be this place on the corner of Pell St & Mott St that made ridiculously good Chinese Almond Tofu that was served chilled but I don't know what happened to them. Now you can barely find this except during Dim Sum hours in certain restaurants.
Edited by willy cheesesteak - 8/18/14 at 9:54pmpost #98786 of 1090548/18/14 at 3:24pm@pickpackpockpuck, not related to NYC food recommendations, but I just finished rereading A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man. I think it'd been a solid decade since I first read it. I was simultaneously amazed at how much I remembered and how much I'd forgotten.post #98787 of 1090548/18/14 at 5:35pmthanks for the all chinatown food recs. I've tried some and missed others. tasty hand-pulled noodle is a regular spot, though I find it can be way too greasy if I get the fried noodles. never loved super taste, but it's the favorite for some of my coworkers. will add the spots I've missed to the lunch list.
notwithit -- yeah, I hear ya. I don't think the plot is super memorable or anything, especially to a kid of 16-20, which I'm guessing you were a decade ago, if not younger (never know how old people are on here, except that they're usually younger than me). hope you liked it though. I know it's not a book a lot of people love. for me the draw is the prose. still think it's the best English prose I've read. it's so consistently excellent too, and the structure is flawless. the book is like a diamond.
I'm reading Moby Dick now for my second time and there are spots where the language is really extraordinary, especially all the soliloquies, but then there are also those extended reveries on cetology and philosophizing and those lose me. it's so good and then so boring at turns. what a weird book...post #98788 of 1090548/18/14 at 5:37pmpost #98789 of 1090548/18/14 at 5:38pm
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
- › Cars We Drive! 1 second ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 1 minute ago
- › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please 1 minute ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 4 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 5 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Experiencing technical difficulties or have questions about... 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...