Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 5:04 am in Classic Menswear
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- MARGIELA l PATRIK ERVELL l JIL SANDER l Prorsum l Stephan Schneider Last post on 2/11/11 at 1:49pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6586
Styleforum Top Picks
Anything else good at this spot? It's literally around the corner from my office. Have to check it out.
Today for lunch I had the spicy & sour lamb dumplings from Xian, which is pretty close by. So goooood.
I think my favorite Japanese curry is Go Go Curry. It's kinda cheap and kitschy and obviously not as sophisticated as Curry-ya, but I don't even care. The curry flavor and hot sauce are just spot on for me. Curry-ya is still awesome though.
Bossanova ramen is also right there. I got a pretty good cup of cold beet/roasted garlic noodles at smorgasburg this sunday and it was weird but pretty good and I want to check out their main store.
X'ian is good (been to the one on the UWS) but so goddamn heavy. I can't imagine eating there for lunch during the workweek.
I really wanted dumplings when I was in NYC this weekend. Did.not.eat.them.
Ended up on a tinder adventure instead thanks to friends that got on my phone over lunch. It was a pretty hilarious night. Walks of shame are the best when you have no fucking clue where you are and where the subway is.
I really love the noodle soups at:
Tasty Hand-Pulled Noodles
1 Doyers St
Btwn Bowery & Pell St
and the dumplings from:
Lam Zhou Handmade Noodle
144 E Broadway
Btwn Pike St & Rutgers St
along with the Mount Qi beef noodle soup from:
26 Eldridge St
Btwn Canal St & Division St
Also on noodles:
102 Noodles Town (Formerly Big Wing Wong)
102 Mott St
Btwn Canal St & Hester St
Makes one of my favorite wonton noodle soups and their 'Pork With Thousand Year Egg Congee' is easily the best congee in Chinatown.
There used to be this place on the corner of Pell St & Mott St that made ridiculously good Chinese Almond Tofu that was served chilled but I don't know what happened to them. Now you can barely find this except during Dim Sum hours in certain restaurants.
Edited by willy cheesesteak - 8/18/14 at 9:54pm
notwithit -- yeah, I hear ya. I don't think the plot is super memorable or anything, especially to a kid of 16-20, which I'm guessing you were a decade ago, if not younger (never know how old people are on here, except that they're usually younger than me). hope you liked it though. I know it's not a book a lot of people love. for me the draw is the prose. still think it's the best English prose I've read. it's so consistently excellent too, and the structure is flawless. the book is like a diamond.
I'm reading Moby Dick now for my second time and there are spots where the language is really extraordinary, especially all the soliloquies, but then there are also those extended reveries on cetology and philosophizing and those lose me. it's so good and then so boring at turns. what a weird book...
- Random fashion thoughts
Styleforum Top Picks
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 1 minute ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 1 minute ago
- › Presentation!! 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 4-17 / 4/25 -2015: TWICE AS NICE 4 minutes ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 5 minutes ago
- › Summer Boots Edward Green Cherwell 7.5 UK /8 US 6 minutes ago
- › Paul Evans NY - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...