Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on 6/12/16 at 6:31pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Visiting Okayama/Kojima - Good place to shop for Jeans? Last post on 9/16/15 at 8:50am in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 8/12/15 at 1:37pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how should I wash them
Last edited: 5/19/16
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Beyond the Levi's-Zon: Denim Outerwear that isn't a...Last edited: 10/22/15
- How can I keep my raw denim jeans (Levis 510) from fading?Last edited: 3/23/16
- Should I wash my raw denim jeans when I get them? What will be the...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6564post #98446 of 1090538/4/14 at 10:22pmpost #98447 of 1090538/4/14 at 10:26pmpost #98448 of 1090538/4/14 at 11:44pmGod, today some college bro was asking about my skateboard, which he kept referring to as "vintage". He asked where I found it and seemed genuinely perplexed when I told him "the skateboard store".
I feel like it must be time to head over to MC and start learning to dress in plaid suits or something.post #98449 of 1090538/5/14 at 3:51amIs it weird that one of the major factors for how much I wanna drop on something is how friendly the designer/store staff is?
I'm much more likely to buy at retail brands like Robert Geller, Peir Wu, and Abasi + Rosborough where the designers seem like genuine, humble people or Rick Owens where the store staff always goes above and beyond than from a brand like Paul Harnden, who, while I'm sure is just a cool dude who wants his privacy respected, is nonetheless a bit standoffish.
I love that the internet gives us new ways of communicating about (and even with!) the designers and brands that we like and I hope it rewards designers that engage the community in positive ways, as I'm sure it's doing for retail shops that affiliate with this and other forums.post #98450 of 1090538/5/14 at 5:23ampost #98451 of 1090538/5/14 at 6:29amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by snowmanxl
You probably didn't miss much..
I roomed with a guy who walked for Dior and another that walked for RO last year. I was surprised to find that a company as big as Dior was horrible with paying their models. Maybe it's because they are a big company and can lawyer up and find loopholes.
From what I recall they were stalling on the payments and if he quit to sign with another label (Dior had exclusivity) then the payment would be void. ..something like that
Yeah, from what I remember of my old contract, the agency/client decided the payment terms, the agency gets paid, and then x amount of time later they cut you a check after taking their fee.post #98452 of 1090538/5/14 at 7:41ampost #98453 of 1090538/5/14 at 7:44ampost #98454 of 1090538/5/14 at 7:52ampost #98455 of 1090538/5/14 at 8:46ampost #98456 of 1090538/5/14 at 8:49ampost #98457 of 1090538/5/14 at 9:07ampost #98458 of 1090538/5/14 at 10:42amQuote:
He is probably with an agency, walking runway shows pays a few hundred euros (varies) and the agency takes a cut. I know some nice kid who does like 14 shows a season and it's not like he has money considering he has to go to castings and do all kinds of bullshit for like 4000 euros a season. Being on a cover doesn't pay either, the only avenue to $$$$ are campaigns. Girls tend to get more money.
Most models are a little bit older than people think, although some girls will indeed be quite young.post #98459 of 1090538/5/14 at 10:55amQuote:Originally Posted by noob
God, today some college bro was asking about my skateboard, which he kept referring to as "vintage". He asked where I found it and seemed genuinely perplexed when I told him "the skateboard store".
I feel like it must be time to head over to MC and start learning to dress in plaid suits or something.
What deck is it that he thought it's vintage? Coolest shop I know is in San Diego and the whole ceiling is covered in actual vintage decks from the late 70's and all through the 80's.post #98460 of 1090538/5/14 at 11:00amQuote:Originally Posted by toothsomesound
nope, the universal model size is 5'11 - 6'1 ~165 lbs size 38-40/medium chest, 32 waist. the vast majority of online retailers use dudes in this range. some of the more fashion oriented sites like ssense and ln-cc will cast actual runway models who are generally skinnier, sometimes have slightly smaller chests and sometimes edge into the 6'2, 6'3 range but very few are taller than that. occasionally stores like opening ceremony or gentry will use their own employees as models who are maybe more "average" but that's kind of a meaningless word.
When I did it, I was 6', 31, 165. I'd lose bookings to guys who were either 6'+, 32 - 34, and closer to 180 or 6'+, 30 - 32, and closer to 155, depending on the client.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- Is there any advantage in soaking sanforized denim? Common denim...
Currently, there are 1421 Active Users (309 Members and 1112 Guests)
- › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura 57 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 1 minute ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › Daily CE Musings of Piob 3 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 4 minutes ago
- › Post Pictures of your Tattoos 5 minutes ago
- › RL Marlow Cordovan Loafers - patina or defect? 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 8 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding