Recent Images In This Thread
- topicAdvicetagged by LA Guy, 4/2/15
- categoryDenimtagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Outerweartagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- categoryDenim Shirtstagged by LA Guy, 5/3/15
- topicFashiontagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
- categoryJacketstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryJeanstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- categoryLong Sleeve Shirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandMaison Martin Margielatagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 1tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13More
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 10tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 11tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 14tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- brandMaison Martin Margiela 22tagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- categoryScarvestagged by SYSTEM, 7/21/11
- brandStephan Schneidertagged by LA Guy, 10/8/13
- topicStyletagged by SYSTEM, 9/10/11
Related Forum Threads
- Difference between MMM Avant Première and Première Sneakers Last post on 3/24/15 at 2:36pm in Streetwear and Denim
- THE AMI Paris Alexendre Mattiussi THREAD Last post on Yesterday at 6:41 pm in Streetwear and Denim
- Does it exist? a jeans or denim line that is really high-end and exclusive that could be... Last post on 6/23/14 at 10:41pm in Classic Menswear
- XS/29/8 MJK, Gitman, N&F and more Last post on 6/2/11 at 9:11pm in FS: Streetwear & Denim (Archive)
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 6:52 am in Classic Menswear
The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
Last edited: 5/7/15
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...Last edited: 5/11/15
- What I Learned from Slim DenimLast edited: 12/21/14
- Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/20/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!Last edited: 6/22/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Random fashion thoughts - Page 6564post #98446 of 1090548/4/14 at 8:53pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #98447 of 1090548/4/14 at 10:22pmpost #98448 of 1090548/4/14 at 10:26pmpost #98449 of 1090548/4/14 at 11:44pmGod, today some college bro was asking about my skateboard, which he kept referring to as "vintage". He asked where I found it and seemed genuinely perplexed when I told him "the skateboard store".
I feel like it must be time to head over to MC and start learning to dress in plaid suits or something.post #98450 of 1090548/5/14 at 3:51amIs it weird that one of the major factors for how much I wanna drop on something is how friendly the designer/store staff is?
I'm much more likely to buy at retail brands like Robert Geller, Peir Wu, and Abasi + Rosborough where the designers seem like genuine, humble people or Rick Owens where the store staff always goes above and beyond than from a brand like Paul Harnden, who, while I'm sure is just a cool dude who wants his privacy respected, is nonetheless a bit standoffish.
I love that the internet gives us new ways of communicating about (and even with!) the designers and brands that we like and I hope it rewards designers that engage the community in positive ways, as I'm sure it's doing for retail shops that affiliate with this and other forums.post #98451 of 1090548/5/14 at 5:23ampost #98452 of 1090548/5/14 at 6:29amQuote:Quote:Originally Posted by snowmanxl
You probably didn't miss much..
I roomed with a guy who walked for Dior and another that walked for RO last year. I was surprised to find that a company as big as Dior was horrible with paying their models. Maybe it's because they are a big company and can lawyer up and find loopholes.
From what I recall they were stalling on the payments and if he quit to sign with another label (Dior had exclusivity) then the payment would be void. ..something like that
Yeah, from what I remember of my old contract, the agency/client decided the payment terms, the agency gets paid, and then x amount of time later they cut you a check after taking their fee.post #98453 of 1090548/5/14 at 7:41ampost #98454 of 1090548/5/14 at 7:44ampost #98455 of 1090548/5/14 at 7:52ampost #98456 of 1090548/5/14 at 8:46ampost #98457 of 1090548/5/14 at 8:49ampost #98458 of 1090548/5/14 at 9:07ampost #98459 of 1090548/5/14 at 10:42amQuote:
He is probably with an agency, walking runway shows pays a few hundred euros (varies) and the agency takes a cut. I know some nice kid who does like 14 shows a season and it's not like he has money considering he has to go to castings and do all kinds of bullshit for like 4000 euros a season. Being on a cover doesn't pay either, the only avenue to $$$$ are campaigns. Girls tend to get more money.
Most models are a little bit older than people think, although some girls will indeed be quite young.post #98460 of 1090548/5/14 at 10:55amQuote:Originally Posted by noob
God, today some college bro was asking about my skateboard, which he kept referring to as "vintage". He asked where I found it and seemed genuinely perplexed when I told him "the skateboard store".
I feel like it must be time to head over to MC and start learning to dress in plaid suits or something.
What deck is it that he thought it's vintage? Coolest shop I know is in San Diego and the whole ceiling is covered in actual vintage decks from the late 70's and all through the 80's.
This thread is locked
- Random fashion thoughts
- How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring (Hint: Jeans Are Not...
Currently, there are 1613 Active Users (322 Members and 1291 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 3 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 3 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE (JULY 31): FINE ART FRIDAY 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › GMTO: Carmina Chocolate Brown Suede Oxford or My Next OneShoe 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 10 minutes ago
- › Help Please for a bespoke Dinner Jacket (tuxedo) 16 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...